Player
    Character
    Arch Angel
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

For Square-Enix Petition: Duty Finder - Ditching Team Penalty

There should be a penalty for leaving the party, like cannot queue for a Duty Finder in the next 3 hours (anything less i feel is not painful enough to prevent them from not doing so).

Yes, I'm a DPS prolly that's why I complain. But this is a big problem nowadays.

Square-Enix, please hear me in behalf of others who queue 45 minutes in Duty Finder and end up being ditch by a member (usually a tank or a healer - probably due to their ability to quickly re-queue).

45 minute in queue waiting is painful enough.
    (13)
    Last edited by _Archangel_; 09-22-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Player
    Character
    Marcus Deston
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    What constitutes "ditching" is kind of a gray area, it would be difficult for a computer to analyze whether someone does or doesn't have a valid reason to leave the group. If they can figure out some algorithm to fairly judge a person for leaving a group, then by all means implement it, but 3 hours is far too long, I'd say 20 minutes is okay.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Puhthetic Fool
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    you could give them 24 hour penalty pple still ditch bad grp or one they think is bad. Or they just gonna go afk and leave you hanging lol.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Arch Angel
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathetic View Post
    you could give them 24 hour penalty pple still ditch bad grp or one they think is bad.
    i think it's okay.. at least they wont break people hearts more that day
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zero Life
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I don't think there should be any penalty for leaving a party. Why give people the option to leave if they are gonna be penalized for it?
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Arch Angel
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by gamesmart View Post
    What constitutes "ditching" is kind of a gray area, it would be difficult for a computer to analyze whether someone does or doesn't have a valid reason to leave the group. If they can figure out some algorithm to fairly judge a person for leaving a group, then by all means implement it, but 3 hours is far too long, I'd say 20 minutes is okay.
    well no matter how long, they shouldn't be allowed to requeue as if nothing happened.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sikare Whitewind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by _Archangel_ View Post
    trust me i'm not one of these people they complain about, but still it's painful to waste all your time coz they just can't 'coordinate' with the team.
    I'll tell you what this will cause, swear to god:
    >> People will afk in dungeons because letting the game time out the dungeon would be faster (And you can't fill that spot).
    >> People would flame the hell out of bad players because they can't leave.
    >> You'd punish people who like to progress and not wipe on an easy boss 4+ times.
    >> You'd be shooting yourself in the foot because dps ques are already long enough... Having a 3 hour time out so you can avoid 60 more minutes of wiping would not taste well.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Melfina Amastacia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    You can't though, you think it's that long to punish people who ditch a group, but what about the people who leave because the group CAN'T down the content? People who joined and just don't have what it takes, gear or skill wise to clear it? Now everyone has to wait for the timer to end, or one guy leaves and takes your 3 hour punishment. There's a reason it's not overly long.

Quote Originally Posted by _Archangel_ View Post
    well no matter how long, they shouldn't be allowed to requeue as if nothing happened.
    The first person to leave a full DF group gets a 15 minute timer, this also resets when you change zones and a few other things, so could be longer than 15 if they don't know this.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Arch Angel
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Invz View Post
    I don't think there should be any penalty for leaving a party. Why give people the option to leave if they are gonna be penalized for it?
    that's d thing, they're not suppose to be joining the queues if they know something will be up soon like ordering a pizza or something.. ok maybe not pizza, but something big like they have to go to school or work in the next 10 minutes.

i'm asking for a similar logic "League of Legends" is doing. first offense 15 mins, 2nd 45 mins... and incrementing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arch Angel
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    You can't though, you think it's that long to punish people who ditch a group, but what about the people who leave because the group CAN'T down the content? People who joined and just don't have what it takes, gear or skill wise to clear it? Now everyone has to wait for the timer to end, or one guy leaves and takes your 3 hour punishment. There's a reason it's not overly long.
    on this note, there should be a majority vote for allowing the party to get dissolved. like 5 out of 8 voted that it should be dissolved. and no penalty for everyone
    (2)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast