Player
    Character
    Melfina Amastacia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by _Archangel_ View Post
    on this note, there should be a majority vote for allowing the party to get dissolved. like 5 out of 8 voted that it should be dissolved. and no penalty for everyone
    And that could be abused as well. Unintentionally I might add. A group, where most think they can do it, but aren't getting better, the people who know it's going nowhere, even after TRYING to help the others wouldn't be able to and would be stuck. You have to think of these things when you come up with these ideas.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyterra Lianleaf
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPierce View Post
    15 minutes is long enough to wait after a group of people who can't listen or move from red zones and having to wait in another 45+ minute que as a dps just to hope the next team doesn't fail. People wouldn't have to leave if people weren't bad. And if they have to leave for a legit reason your little 3 hours thing probably isn't going to affect them much. AND if they ARE bad and THEY leave you should be happy that they left. I'm not seeing any good coming from this.
    Its one thing if the run is failing mid way, another thing when people ditch before the first mob is pulled.

Now if they could make the lockout time scale based on how long people waited in queue, and how much of the dungeon was attempted/time in the dungeon. Would be a different story. I see no reason that tanks and healers with extremely short queues should have the power to easily waste an hour and a half of another players time just because it only wastes around 15 min of their own time.(Hour and a half is assuming 45m wait times for DD, and having to que up a 2nd time after) So if a tank or healer drops right away, I think it is more than reasonable for them to have to wait how long the DD had to wait to enter the dungeon in the first place instead of a tiny 15m.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sikare Whitewind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Okay well I will say pre-pull drops are knee-jerkish and imo could very well deserve its OWN punishment, but overall, this would be a terrible idea.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arch Angel
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    And that could be abused as well. Unintentionally ...
    you have an excellent point. however, these kind of stuff should still be prevented somehow. i may not have the best of knowledge how, but i believe ditching should be stopped coz it's unhealthy.

I'm saying this coz i just got into a dungeon, its 4 of us... just before d boss, the healer decided without a word to leave coz our tank keeps dying without even trying to help or teach him.
    we waited for like 25 mins for another healer to come, just coz we finished most and we are already in d last boss phase. no one came, then we had about 5 mins left... it's too short to wait for someone now... so we all left and sorta wasted a good full length dungeon time...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arch Angel
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawklaser View Post
    Its one thing if the run is failing mid way, another thing when people ditch before the first mob is pulled.

Now if they could make the lockout time scale based on how long people waited in queue, and how much of the dungeon was attempted/time in the dungeon. Would be a different story. I see no reason that tanks and healers with extremely short queues should have the power to easily waste an hour and a half of another players time just because it only wastes around 15 min of their own time.(Hour and a half is assuming 45m wait times for DD, and having to que up a 2nd time after) So if a tank or healer drops right away, I think it is more than reasonable for them to have to wait how long the DD had to wait to enter the dungeon in the first place instead of a tiny 15m.
    ugh so hard to explain but you got it right on the money!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zero Life
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    snip
    Nah I disagree with this idea. There are many situations that can result in having to leave the party. I know a guy who got 90k when entering a dungeon when he was finally able to get back on he was outside the dungeon with a nice 15 minute timer. You're saying a guy that this happens to should eat a 2-3 hour penalty cause of a failed instance server?

Also most of the reasons people will leave is cause the party is fail. Why should someone be punished for not wanting to deal with a bad party? I have left on occasions and its usually cause of people not taking advice and continuing to play badly or parties with ppl straight trolling. Now what should someone take a penalty for leaving a group where DDs are trolling by aggroing adds intentionally?

the idea to increase the penalty is a bad one. If anything, I wish it would be removed altogether.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sikare Whitewind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Stuff was said...
    So someone left because THAT person was wasting THEIR time, why should 180 more minutes of their time be wasted when you could just as easily leave at that point and start a new que. Its really a waste of everyone's time to wait and die over and over, plus it builds stress/frustration and repair bills. The person who left has feelings too, you're not playing with NPCs that decided to drop out.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Arch Angel
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    anyway, i just want them to feel our pain of 45 minutes if not longer queue and realize we spent tons of time waiting for a duty finder and then realize we will be ditched in a few minutes after it started just coz "the team is not pro enough"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arch Angel
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPierce View Post
    So someone left because THAT person was wasting THEIR time, why should 180 more minutes of their time be wasted when you could just as easily leave at that point and start a new que. Its really a waste of everyone's time to wait and die over and over, plus it builds stress/frustration and repair bills. The person who left has feelings too, you're not playing with NPCs that decided to drop out.
    that's why the voting system has to be implemented.

somewhat similar to League of Legends if you played it. I find it a pretty good system and see how the game grew.

like people have to talk that the group is finished, it cannot be done. rather than leaving a healthy group coz someone just want a more "pro" group to play with.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sikare Whitewind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    anyway, i just want them to feel our pain of 45 minutes if not longer queue and realize we spent tons of time waiting for a duty finder and then realize we will be ditched in a few minutes after it started just coz "the team is not pro enough"
    90 minutes is a long time to waste, not because people aren't "pro enough" but because they can't realize their own mistakes... If you're dying to red zones a lot there isn't much that needs to be said except MOVE...
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast