Player
    Character
    C'migwenn Nitsah
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

Monks and their Fists

So, I've been testing my dps and running numbers for about an hour now. And it would seem that neither Fist of Fire or Fists of Wind work, at all. Fists of earth seems to give the damage reduction at least, can anyone confirm this? Or at least lead me to another post about this?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Allyrion Windwalker
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Fist of Wind works for sure, though the tooltip saying it turns your attacks into wind attacks is pretty misleading.
    Definitely increases movement speed for me. I got it recently and kept testing the difference. It's a mini sprint.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Asura Strike
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    wind works also earth not sure about fire just tested it 1 time just AA dummy and almost no result
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ephier Samoht
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Fist of Fire gives you the damage boost. I have tested that. Fist of wind gives a movement speed boost (albeit small). Have tested that as well. Fist of earth I have not really played with as by the time you hit end game you won't really be using it (at least I don't). But as a previous poster said, the tooltips are wrong, they do not change your damage into elemental properties, they just apply the effect from the skill description.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Truedr Mercer
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Fist of Wind does increase your movement speed but it is so small, the skill is virtually worthless.

I still remember this one time in Qarn where the brd sang swiftwong on the group and I had Fist of Wind. So we started running and before long, the bard left me in the dust. It's ridiculous.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Asura Strike
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    wind is not worthless i used it in a titan figh after the heart phase and i was doodging everything faster then other players also helps doodging aoes and get back to the enemy to safe your GL.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Alexandra Sapphora
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JokingCat View Post
    wind is not worthless i used it in a titan figh after the heart phase and i was doodging everything faster then other players also helps doodging aoes and get back to the enemy to safe your GL.
    Me too, probably only fight I ever bothered using Wind on though. Other than Titan, I just consider them Fists of Corpserun.
    (0)