Character
    Fluffy Meowington
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Shadowflare overriding red aoe circles

As a tank, I'd be highly appreciative if this could be addressed.
    SMNs/ACNs are a huge pain in dungeon runs as is (on trash), this magnifies the problem, because having a SMN means you need to cycle through mobs (as PLD) to maintain aggro if the SMN is any good. Now, if one or several of those mobs have small PBAoE/Cone AoE and they're standing inside a shadowflare, I will not be able to see their red AoE circles. I will also be unable to see the actual casting (cast-bar) of it most of the time, because I will be cycling through mobs to maintain threat.

What this means effectively, is that I am (and the healer is) getting punished* for the DPS doing his job. Tanks are getting punished for other players' mistakes in this game very harshly (best example: Wasps/Bees in Quarn, tank dies if DPS suck), and that's okay, but getting punished for other players doing it correctly, that is not okay.

Just so we understand what I'm talking about:

The blue circle is Always On Top, when red circles should be!
    This is the only skill in the game (that I have found) which works this way, I'm sure it is just an oversight. A very annoying, unfair one.

*I either take unnecessary damage (maybe even die if the healer isn't attentive) which punishes me and the healer, or I move the mobs to the outside of the blue aoe effect so I can still see enemy aoes, which could mean loss of enmity, which means more punishment for the healer (and DPS).
    (7)
    Last edited by FluffyM; 09-20-2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: yes.

Greetings FluffyM,

We appreciate you taking the time to report the trouble you are having to us. I can understand how frustrating this must be! However, there are still some details that we need to collect from you before we are able to investigate this properly. Please use the bug reporting template found Here, and make another post. Thank you!

Regards,
    Xetyline
    (0)