Player
    Character
    Bunny Boo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60

Post your turn Turn 4 dps numbers

turn 4 is quite an unforgiving dps check.
    So i would like to know the non inflated dps numbers per class .

So please list your class, dps, gear and progress made.
    Feel free to put your noninflated dps numbers even if you are not on turn 4 (but do say so)

what is the average numbers each class should be hitting? posting your dps numbers should also help other who will then know what kind of dps they should be hitting.
    (0)
    Last edited by sharazisspecial; 09-19-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Player
    Character
    Noob Shiet
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Nice humble-brag.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rapha Goltanna
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    As a Summoner who has cleared Turn 4, my DPS is anywhere from 190-300 during the fight, depending on how the parser arbitrarily decides to skew things.

On other fights I have gotten wonderful variation, from 12 DPS to 3000 DPS on the last boss of AK (it felt I had done over a million damage to it). In trying to compare DPS numbers we noticed that if everyone in a group runs the parser, everyone will get different numbers for both DPS and damage dealt. It's all we have right now, but it isn't much to look at.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ray Gillette
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendBaka View Post
    As a Summoner who has cleared Turn 4, my DPS is anywhere from 190-300 during the fight, depending on how the parser arbitrarily decides to skew things.

On other fights I have gotten wonderful variation, from 12 DPS to 3000 DPS on the last boss of AK (it felt I had done over a million damage to it). In trying to compare DPS numbers we noticed that if everyone in a group runs the parser, everyone will get different numbers for both DPS and damage dealt. It's all we have right now, but it isn't much to look at.
    The parser is verifiably broken with bio and bio 2. Its simple. Start your parser up, do a ruin followed by a bio or bio 2. Watch one or the other do anywhere from double to quadruple damage on the parser. You can do some theoretical single target damage calculations just by doing the math, but the parser as a whole is not a good indication of smn damage.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yaro Barake
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Did they fix logging to show dots?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rapha Goltanna
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Solen View Post
    The parser is verifiably broken with bio and bio 2. Its simple. Start your parser up, do a ruin followed by a bio or bio 2. Watch one or the other do anywhere from double to quadruple damage on the parser. You can do some theoretical single target damage calculations just by doing the math, but the parser as a whole is not a good indication of smn damage.
    It's not a good indication of anything. We were getting damage numbers with huge variance across all jobs, not just Summoner. A Monk might have 3 different values on 3 different parsers from the same fight. I've looked at the breakdown, and sometimes the parser has Bio/Bio2 ticking for 12 damage and sometimes for 300. Harder for me to check other classes, but I suspect it has similar problems with all of them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ray Gillette
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    It's not a good indication of anything.
    Its only for dots that do not initially hit with damage that show up with the damage inconsistencies. I've spoken with the developer of ffxiv app, and he uses previous damage done as a factor for predictive parsing on dots without initial damage. Thats why if you start off with a bio or bio 2, it does a low amount of damage. Because its been programmed to do like 5 or 10 basis points of damage per 3 second tick. Other factors with other people having different numbers from each other is simply a proximity issue during the fights in boss stages. There may also be damage numbers that show up for your combat log and not in others that you do personally.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zeno Vyperion
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    It's also accounting all the DoTs from other classes into the Summoners DPS. For instance, a summoner died during garuda and we had a BRD, DRG and BLM that had DoTs rolling and while he was dead and he had no DoTs on the boss, he was still doing damage and topping charts. It's weird as hell.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Faeldi Chantelune
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    It's not a good indication of anything. We were getting damage numbers with huge variance across all jobs, not just Summoner.
    Any class that use DoTs as part of their DPS is not showing their real dps in the parser.
    However, this is mostly true for Bio/Bio2 which are completely broken.
    Other DoTs are only broken if the DoT critical on first tick then the parser will count all ticks as critical. However this also means that critical DoTs are not being registered. So sometimes, it will show less damage and sometimes it will show more than the real damage - this all depends on your crit score/crit buff.

So while those are not perfect, right now the only really broken dps in parser is SMN/SCH. Other class dps is still close to reality.
    With a parse that was kindly given to me and some theorycraft, I came up with SMN dps from parser had 40% more dps than the theoretical dps (from perfect condition). However I do not know if this 40% is applicable on all parse.
    (0)