Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1265
    Player
    Character
    Vivian Nox
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    same thing happened to me today, i bought some games over the internet everything went smoothly but now this, i am paying with this card since 2011 with no problem at all, everything is correct, i have money on it, other sites were no problem, and today i wanted to buy fantasia and error 401, i tried digital collectors edition again with an error 401, i bought a fantasia 3 days ago with no problem and 2 days ago i renewed my subscription, but today this, i have no idea , i hope they will fix this asap, it isn't on my side nor banks side given the fact i bought something else with no problem. will this problem pass on itself? how is everyone paying now? did they fix it for you or did it fix itself?
    (0)
    Last edited by Soralis; 07-02-2015 at 12:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zeon Darksol
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Soralis View Post
    same thing happened to me today, i bought some games over the internet everything went smoothly but now this, i am paying with this card since 2011 with no problem at all
    I haven't been able to subscribe back, I am not going to get a FFXIV ultimate card due to I only want to pay the subscription of 15 bucks a month.

Since I cannot subscribe back, I decided to go back to WoW my visa works there no problem, I called SE they couldn't help me and my bank says they are not blocking them, I have all correct information.
    Maybe down the road I might come back, I really did wanna keep playing but if square enix isn't going fix this issue I have no choice.

on a side note, I tried to buy crysta and same issue, I double checked information everything, even had my cousin look at it and no such luck, cousin said basically to go get a mastercard I might end up doing this but I don't know, I shouldn't have to.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neri Feralheart
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Random question - does everyone who has this problem use a Visa credit card? Just wondering, because I used to (before being forced to switch to paypal/crysta by this bug). If so, it could be an issue with their checksum algorithm or something... Or maybe their billing servers are allergic to Visa?
    (0)
    (The links below are sadly outdated. I hope to get around to updating things at some point.)
    Desynthesis Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivdesynth

Airship Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipguide (\v/) Airship Quick Reference: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipqr
    Airship Logsheet: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshiplog (/|\) Airship Builder Tool: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipbuilder

Player
    Character
    Vivian Nox
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    yes i use visa card. sadly crysta is not an option for me cause it is not allowed where i am from nor do we have a paypal, and game time cards not an option as well, cause i am a legacy player so it would cost me a lot more. i contacted support they replied and i sent them some details, waiting for an answer. will update if everything is solved.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    De'anair'a Solanae
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    I have two cards that we USED to use for FFXIV. One a Visa, One a Mastercard. Neither are accepted. I have to go through Crysta and Paypal to continue playing.

I'm annoyed with their system and their customer support. They always claim my banks are the issue. My banks claim otherwise.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vivian Nox
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    UPDATE > they fixed the issue, you just need to be patient, after 6 days they sent me an e-mail saying they fixed the issue with my card and i bought today collector's edition with no problem. you just need to write a mail to the support and send them what ever details and photos they require and they will fix it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Soralis; 07-06-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Player
    Character
    Dayir Arulaq
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 68
    On the 5th my payment failed, which is odd because I know the account had money.

This morning I got off work and decided to try using my other visa(A debit card). It failed 3 times, I now have 3 pending 1.00 charges on my visa debit card.

I wanted to play but I guess I won't be playing for several days. I guess that's fine, hopefully by the time I can play MCH will be seeing some buffs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neri Feralheart
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveyote View Post
    On the 5th my payment failed, which is odd because I know the account had money.

This morning I got off work and decided to try using my other visa(A debit card). It failed 3 times, I now have 3 pending 1.00 charges on my visa debit card.

I wanted to play but I guess I won't be playing for several days. I guess that's fine, hopefully by the time I can play MCH will be seeing some buffs.
    I compiled a list of solutions people have had to these errors below and read up on what other people in this thread said about the problem. Basically, it sounds like when it starts happening, trying another card doesn't work. Trying the same card again generally doesn't work, but might if your problem had to do with adblock or the card number format. However, once you get the $1 charge, until that clears, trying again will just add another $1 charge and reset the timer.

Basically, SE suddenly decides for whatever reason that they need to verify your card (even if you've been using that same card for months or even years) and sends a $1 test charge to the credit card company. They then fail any attempt to use that card until they process that $1 test charge. However, they do not pick up the $1 test charge for about five days. Attempting to use the card again (or any other card) triggers the same $1 test charge and subsequent failure, effectively resetting the ~five day timer. The only way to resolve that particular cause of this error is to wait until SE picks up the charges before trying again.

Also, if you try more than a certain number of times, in addition to the five day wait, your account gets locked for thirty days while they investigate why you had so many failed charges.

If you want to play in the interim, if Crysta is available to you, that might be the only way. Contacting customer service generally doesn't work from the experiences of people here. One person says it did work for them, but that it took six days for Customer Service to get back to them, so the actual solution might have waiting the five days that has worked for others, and Customer Service didn't actually do anything additional for them. I don't see any evidence that SE sees this as a bug in their system - their customer service seem to generally give the response that the issue is on our end, or the banks' end. But, contacting Customer Service can tell you if your account is locked for 30 days or not due to them denying too many of your payment attempts.

Solution compilation:

Quote Originally Posted by ActionZero View Post
    I don't know if this will help anyone but I found a solution to why I was getting this issue. I was entering my debit card number in the format "1234567812345678" (obviously not my real number) and the payment request wasn't even getting to my bank. This seems reasonable cause it works on any other payment site where you enter the card number into a single field. It turns out that you have to manually insert spaces into your card number to break it up into the 4 groups of 4 as it is on your card, so my example number would have to be entered as "1234 5678 1234 5678". As soon as I tried this on a whim my payment went through fine, it's really unintuitive though and I don't like whoever coded that bit of the ui.

This worked for me so it might be worth a shot for some people also getting these errors, especially if the payment request isn't even being received by your bank.
    Quote Originally Posted by arksflash View Post
    I am able to pay now through mostation and buy stuff like fantasia, name change, etc. without problems so far. My problem began about the 3rd week of November 2014, and was resolved exactly 30 days after. Apparently because I didn't know that multiple attempts in one day will turn the 24~72 hour lockout into a 30 day lockout (you'll only find this out if you contact customer service, by the way ), I had to wait 30 days. I did and well, I'm happy for it, but I see others are still experiencing problems. For players who are using mogstation for subscription, if you are for some unexplained reason still unable to subscribe via mogstation, try the SE Online store, via this link http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...334191b233c841 . Just to confirm the site of the SE store is NA, so I'm not sure if it works for EU accounts, but since there is no specified region, I'm assuming it should work.

Basically the SE Store is at the moment the only work around for error 401/601/406 for trying to re-subscribe to the game. It's a 2-month time card, which is pretty nifty ^^. Sadly though you won't be able to buy anything from mogstation until they implement a workaround to purchase crysta, or re-work their automated purchasing system in Mogstation. I hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterJointss View Post
    I wanted to share something that may help with those getting the 601 error still. Go to the square enix account management page and re-register your payment method. This instantly fixed it for me. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guwolryung View Post
    Try to disable adblock/no script, worked for me today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soralis View Post
    UPDATE > they fixed the issue, you just need to be patient, after 6 days they sent me an e-mail saying they fixed the issue with my card and i bought today collector's edition with no problem. you just need to write a mail to the support and send them what ever details and photos they require and they will fix it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyalia; 07-09-2015 at 12:41 AM.
    (The links below are sadly outdated. I hope to get around to updating things at some point.)
    Desynthesis Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivdesynth

Airship Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipguide (\v/) Airship Quick Reference: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipqr
    Airship Logsheet: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshiplog (/|\) Airship Builder Tool: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipbuilder

Player
    Character
    De'anair'a Solanae
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyalia View Post
    Solution compilation:
    None of which helped me. Which is fine. Its just an extra step for Crysta.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucky Starz
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Solution that helped me today: forget about the credit card payment at Mogstation. That system rots. Try google Game Time Cards at Square Enix EU/NA store depending where u r, and you will find that there is actually a two month subscription Game Time Card costing not more than the normal price. Log in and pay and u will get instantly a 20 digits code. Log in Mogstation again input the code. Bang! It works. I feel it like a quest itself in the game. You receive all the items for veterens as well. Good luck!
    (0)

Page 126 of 127 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 LastLast