Player
    Character
    Zeth Ryder
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Krzymono View Post
    So is there any update from Square as to if this problem is being looked at? I just finished my free month, and would love to continue to play but just can't because of this error. I live overseas in South Korea and so I can see why the problem persists, but still I think it's rather dumb that Square hasn't found a solution for customers like me (which I'm sure there's plenty) by now.

Tried four different cards that are both from Korea and the US (which is my native country) and all of them don't work. For some reason the Paypal method doesn't work either. I'll try a few more methods for a couple days (VPN, Smartphone's LTE connection, etc.), but if those don't work then... welp I guess that's the end of FFXIV for me . I don't feel like buying game cards from Amazon, having them delivered to me (which will have added fees no doubt) like some of the other people in my Free Company.
    From my understanding from reading everyone's post and my own experiences, the entire payment system is completely down.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nahzty Lee
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Riguel View Post
    From my understanding from reading everyone's post and my own experiences, the entire payment system is completely down.
    Well, I guess then that's it? That's just too bad.. The game was getting all fun and interesting too..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maoh Neko
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 28
    The payment system is still down for me in Australia, and the customer support always says "We will deliver the problem to higher up...blah blah blah" same kind of response for every ticket i sent. Guess the "higher up" are too busy fixing the new patch to even bother fixing the payment system.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lee Hyori
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 48
    My trial just ran out and I can't renew my subscription either. I've tried multiple browers / no add-ons, credit / debit / paypal, logged onto VPN, and tried to add crysta. Nothing works.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Galcha Greywolf
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 34

401 / 601 error

Here in France, I get these 401 / 601 errors too.
    Tried to subscribe again after a few months, and this occurs, with 2 different credit cards.

Anybody found something ?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deltara Delettre
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 51

And On and On It Goes

Same problems here. Been dealing with these payment issues for quite a while now. I want to give them my money... they just won't take it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soulless Edge
    World
    Typhon
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    here is the tip i succeed . im not sure if its the real solution , and i havent tried on auto renewal methods .

1.go to mog station .
    2.select 'square enix account setting' tab
    3.select 'register/update payment method'
    it will lead you to another page, and select UNREGISTER first.
    i believe this will clean up your payment info.
    (i followed the customer support advice, i decide add crysta instead of use my credit card.)
    and I choose credit card as my crysta payment method, it worked.

i have to mention, i got same error when i tried to add crysta by ultimate pay or credit card before i tried those tips above,
    i hope it could help u guys.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eke Qalli
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I have also encountered these issues, and it turns out it's because of a browser extension I use, noscript. Because the actual payment site goes by too quick to whitelist, I just disable it while I'm updating payment info.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Andreas Penrose
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 40
    Same thing here. 30 day trial ends. I set up account and get the error code 601. Go to get crysta, denied. Pick up a game card and they have to email me the activation number for the account which I still haven't received.

Fix these issues and maybe more people would play this game. No point to update a game if you can not update the payment options.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lhachwen Fortunata
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 26
    Quote Originally Posted by danizzle View Post
    My workaround for the treacherous 401/406 error is buying the Ultimate Game Card and using that to pay for crysta. Then use that Crystal to purchase subscription of FF14. It's a tedious process but this seems to work for me every time. I also get 401/406 error when I try to use my credit card to purchase Crysta directly from the Square Enix Account Management site.

So...

1. Purchase Ultimate Game Card from pcgamesupply (You get the codes immediately)
    2. Purchase Crysta using Ultimate Game Card from Square Enix Account Management Site
    3. Log into Mog Station and purchase subscription using Crysta
    Sadly, with the discontinuation of the Ultimate Game Card this work around is no longer possible... and the official FF time cards actually are more costly per month than if a longer subscription is purchased with crysta or a card that would work through the site... also they are out of stock at PCgamesupply anyhow for official FFcards for US customers...

*le sigh*

Please, please someone tell me this will be repaired so that in the future there are payment options that are available directly rather than through vast work-arounds and the precarious juggling of multiple account transactions.

I'm certain I am not the only one that feels like it would be nice if preloaded debit and gift cards were accepted as well instead of the current (and dreaded) 401/406 issues.
    (1)

Page 101 of 127 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast