Character
    Kelenae Sharan
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 53

Opinions on selling of Relic weapon runs

i wanna see peoples opinions of it

I see people constantly shouting to buy runs and people shouting to sell them i know you play the game your way but it's sickening to see these people running around with relic after buying a titan run then shouting acting like they're experienced enough to go on to coils...
    I dunno i guess it's also kind of a rant
    (1)
    Last edited by Kirea; 09-27-2013 at 04:01 AM.

Player
    Character
    Vali Bergthora
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    It's a joke, but honestly, as long as there's idiots with too much money, there will be idiots who want to take the money out of the first batch's hands.

While I wouldn't call the fights involved in the Relic weapon hard, I WOULD call them more than capable of weeding out bad players. If Relics had been left alone and people hadn't begun selling runs, we could accurately gauge if a player is able to avoid bad mechanics (like Titan's) just by seeing they have their Relic.

Unfortunately, Relics have been reduced to fancy weapons anyone can have if they just fork over the gil, making it impossible to tell (using gear) whether a player knows his stuff or not. Sure, it wouldn't be a perfect system (people will always get carried) but it'd be MOSTLY accurate.

Personally, I hope SE comes out with a statement that selling Relic runs goes against the spirit of the questline and either bans the FCs partaking in it, or removes their earnings.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Tori Yasa
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    The binding coil is meant to do with people you know.

I'm fine with people buying Titan runs. A lot of them have Titan down after doing him multiple dozens of times and failing because someone new or with a bad connection constantly messes up. It's frustrating, and I understand it. Eventually you don't mind chucking money at someone else to do it for you because you've put enough time in to get your relic.

If they want to PUG the coils and fail and get yelled at because they can't play, it won't affect me because I'll be going in with my premade.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Azrial Asmodae
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    I don't see why anyone cares or it's any of their business. It's not giving an unfair advantage to anyone so if someone would rather waste their gil on it, so be it.
    (2)

Character
    Lygrin Noban
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    What curcio said.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pikarin Makai
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Up to people if they want to take shortcuts i guess. Pretty much see them in every game and the people willing to take advantage of them. Personally i couldn't do it carrying around awesome gear that i just bought and didn't earn by putting in the time and practice to get good at something. The only way i want to beat Titan is by gearing and learning the fight to a point where i get better and better at it. These fights have very precise mechanics it's not hard if you want to make an effort to learn each one so you understand positioning. But for some people it's more "I want it and i want it now" kind of thing. If you have a silly amount of Gil and can blow i don't know what the going rate is but i guess 200k or more then do whatever you want. Just remember when you want to brag about your weapon you didn't earn it XD.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aeria Scarlet
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Having been in a high ranked Wow guild for many years the opinion of most people I knew was that selling end game runs was a lame concept, but my guild did it anyways because it brought in larger profits than anything else. I see it the same way in this game, selling end game runs is not an intended game mechanic, but it is not an illegal one. People who throw away money for these aren't going to be doing any serious end game anyhow, so it doesn't really effect the balance of anything.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I happily paid for a clear because while I am a good player, the same cannot be said of most PUGs. Rather than suffer, I chose to circumvent the nightmare. Now I have a better shot at forming a group for BC or joining an existing one without being stymied by bad players.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pomf Pomf
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Yes i agree with TS. how dare them how dare them buy it with gil. Relic used to be weed out bad people. Before we can see relic user and know that they know how to craft and do Wanderer Palace. Now they will just buy it from the marketboard. How sickening is this? SE should have ban all the people who bought craft weapon and materia. They are suppose to craft it themselves to prove that they are truly hardcore and know how the game working.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Semir No'haelis
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    If there is a buyer there should be a seller so long as it is within the confines of the ToS.

Selling dungeon runs is clearly within the bounds of the ToS.
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast