Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Draucant Nosural
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    It can be frustrating but, people selling need to be smarter on how they sell. Some items are good to sell in bulk. An example would be ore, to make electrum ingots you need 4 ores, so it would be smart to sell a stack of 20, or x4.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jaquelette Windcutter
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 18
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaineCraner View Post
    One thing that puzzles me in the market is that people sell items for ludicrous prices. Why should I buy leather on the market for 100g a piece when I can buy it from an NPC for 8g a piece? :P
    I suspect some people are using the AH to supplement their storage space.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Egwene Al'vere
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    It is an easy way to make money. Lazy people won't bother checking some of the vendors right in front of the Market Board, so people put it up for them, for an increased cost. The same goes with items exclusively sold by specific Guild Suppliers. People don't know you can buy it for 5-22gil at one location in the entire world, so they get it from the Market.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Slater Vonjager
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaineCraner View Post
    One thing that puzzles me in the market is that people sell items for ludicrous prices. Why should I buy leather on the market for 100g a piece when I can buy it from an NPC for 8g a piece? :P
    I honestly love people that will sell maple lumber at 500 gil a piece in a stack of 99(just a random example), because it allows me, someone that massively undercuts the market, to make lots of gil of the market.

Guy selling 99 maple lumber for 500 gil a piece - 49,500gil
    vs
    me selling 99 maple lumber for 10 gil a piece - 1980gil

So honestly, I want to thank every idiot that sells at ridiculous prices, because it allows people like me to make butt loads of gil.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Blaine Craner
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaquelidor View Post
    I suspect some people are using the AH to supplement their storage space.
    Hmm... On one side that's quite an interesting idea, but on the other you gain only 40 slots and you clutter the market, which is bad for everyone else but you.

Quote Originally Posted by peaches View Post
    Lazy people won't bother checking some of the vendors right in front of the Market Board, so people put it up for them, for an increased cost. The same goes with items exclusively sold by specific Guild Suppliers. People don't know you can buy it for 5-22gil at one location in the entire world, so they get it from the Market.
    I have a name for those people. Two even - Idiots and Suckers.
    Seriously, all you need is a google search and you're done. Typing out a word of two. There is a dozen sites that has done the research for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Slatervonjager View Post
    I honestly love people that will sell maple lumber at 500 gil a piece in a stack of 99(just a random example), because it allows me, someone that massively undercuts the market, to make lots of gil of the market.

Guy selling 99 maple lumber for 500 gil a piece - 49,500gil
    vs
    me selling 99 maple lumber for 10 gil a piece - 1980gil

So honestly, I want to thank every idiot that sells at ridiculous prices, because it allows people like me to make butt loads of gil.
    I do exactly the same thing!

… but with leather and iron. ^^

I just keep a lookout on the market for people selling animal skins and animal hide for 1gil a piece, then turn it into leather and lastly sell at a reasonable price (a little less than what the NPC offers). I also keep the stacks low, just 20 per stack of normal and 10 per stack of HQ.
    At times I sell them so fast I can’t keep up with making new leather. xD
    (1)
    Last edited by BlaineCraner; 09-19-2013 at 03:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Strange Bedford
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 83
    I like it how it is. If I put a 40 stack on the market I want to sell a 40 stack. I don't want to get back 35. Idea for a possible compromise is have an option added for the seller if he/she wants the stack to be sold split.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Simply - put "bulk discount prices"

50 a piece in 99 bulk
    75 a piece in 40 bulk
    100 a pieace in 20 bulk
    150 in a singles

(just an example) and let everyone choose the amount and price they need / like.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Captain Lalafist
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by HEC View Post
    Simply - put "bulk discount prices"

50 a piece in 99 bulk
    75 a piece in 40 bulk
    100 a pieace in 20 bulk
    150 in a singles

(just an example) and let everyone choose the amount and price they need / like.
    Exactly.

"Overhaul needed" my arse. Sellers simply need to catch up on how their crap actually sells.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Swishytail Exaflare
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I find that selling smaller quantities works better, anyway. I sell Fleece in stacks of 20 at a time, and I see 50-99 stacks
    on there that will be there for days and days. Mine sell rather quickly, 90% of the time that same day I list them.

And no, I don't undercut the hell out of people. Lol. I just personally prefer smaller stacks of items and I know that
    I'm not alone on that boat. I ended up farming a lot of mine cuz everytime I check AH it's nothing but 99s when I
    only needed 50 or so. -_-
    (1)

Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Or - if the price is right - just buy some 99 stacks and re-sell them at 20 - 30 stacks instead ...
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast