Player
    Character
    River Wind
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 31

Scholar stat question

I play both Scholar and Summoner. I am primarily a Scholar, I have been putting my stat points into int so I can play both classes. I use cleric stance to change the int to mind. Will this choice hurt me later in the end other than just having one less cross class skill? will the af items be counter productive with the way the points were spent?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ire Valkyr
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversnake View Post
    I play both Scholar and Summoner. I am primarily a Scholar, I have been putting my stat points into int so I can play both classes. I use cleric stance to change the int to mind. Will this choice hurt me later in the end other than just having one less cross class skill? will the af items be counter productive with the way the points were spent?
    If you are primarily a Scholar your points should be in mind. If you look at cleric stance it does indeed swap your mind and int but it also raises your dmg done by 10% and reduces healing by 20%. Its not a two way street, its intended for healers to dps/solo/farm, not to let dps heal. At least i'm pretty sure last i looked at the tooltip.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    River Wind
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 31
    Thank you for the response. I had hoped I could play both classes. I completely forgot about the healing reduction. Thank you again
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jarin T'darin
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Actually, I leveled up as SMN and SCH. It can be done even with your points thrown into Mind. Sadly though, Clerics stance can't be used by a summoner which sucks but there are other cross overs that are nice for soloing as a summoner...ie Aetherflow and Physick which come from Arcanist. I just used my SMN for soloing and my SCH for groups. If you want to continue to level them up together it works. The gear works for both jobs until you get to 50 which is when you will end up spending most or all of your time on your main choice.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zephyr Minx
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    It is either-or; you either go SMN or SCH, but trying to do both will gimp you. First, as SMN you can't use Cleric Stance from CNJ to swap INT and MIND, so you have to stack INT for DPS. That would be fine, but when you try and play SCH, all those same attribute points are inherited from ARC (SCH/SMN do NOT get their own attributes OR traits), so you are stuck with all that INT which gimps healing.

As SCH you CAN use Cleric Stance to swap that INT for MIND, HOWEVER, this also incurs a 20% debuff to healing, making it useless. So you have to stack MIND for heals, which gimps SMN.

Also, both SCH and SMN inherit TRAITS from ARC as well, and ARC traits are ALL INT. Even if you decided to go pure SCH, and put all your points in MIND, you are still gimped by the base class itself. WHM inherits traits from CNJ which are all MIND = No healing gimp.

At 50 that's 12 MIND you miss out on just for being a healer with a DPS base class.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Valiant Lightsworn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    just go 15int and 15 mind... it really doesn't gimp you much... at the end of it you only lose maybe 5 actual point to dmg/healing if the equation is the same from 1.0... and 5 points can be easily made up.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sapphidia Wulfhaven
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Just to tack on a question to this thread on Scholar stats (as my scholar and summoner have both dinged 31) - if you're looking to focus Scholar and don't care too much about a sub-optimal summoner, is MIND actually the best option? We're classed as a Piety class on the group finder (the class bonus you give), and i've seen some guides advocating Piety > Mind. I've seen more saying go 30 Mind though.

I've got everything in Mind so far but I'm wondering - is 30 in Mind definitely better than 30 in Piety? Having not healed at the endgame yet, I don't know how mana reliant we are. Aetherflow obviously scales with Piety, but I hear conflicting accounts. Some people say Piety is near useless because Aetherflow regen is all we need, but others say Piety is our primary stat and should be stacked so Aetherflow is more effective and/or we can sit on Aetherflow stacks longer.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Valiant Lightsworn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphidia View Post
    Just to tack on a question to this thread on Scholar stats (as my scholar and summoner have both dinged 31) - if you're looking to focus Scholar and don't care too much about a sub-optimal summoner, is MIND actually the best option? We're classed as a Piety class on the group finder (the class bonus you give), and i've seen some guides advocating Piety > Mind. I've seen more saying go 30 Mind though.
    a pie focus isnt necessary.. SCH only go mind, SMN only go int, both than split the point 15 to each... pie is nothing more than mana pool and most of the time isn't needed... also if the equation is similair to 1.0 than 1/3 of overall points actually increases mind... so those 30 points are actually 10. if you want just think of it as 10 free points
    (0)
    Last edited by Valiant; 09-19-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Bauchelain Md
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    MND.
    SCH heals are weaker than WHM you will need all the help you can get. In normal fights / dungeons, it matters not, usually. But when you go to a serious fight, or when you heal a tank with bad gear / skill / etc, you will wish you had more MND.
    IMO.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zephyr Minx
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I'm still kind of miffed they didn't bother to have Scholar traits swap to mind bonus instead of lazily inheriting from DPS Arcanist traits all the useless int. That is 12 wasted attribute points. When you only have a total of 14 to spend at level 32, that is actually quite a lot of waste. O_O
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast