Player
    Character
    Valiant Lightsworn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphidia View Post
    Just to tack on a question to this thread on Scholar stats (as my scholar and summoner have both dinged 31) - if you're looking to focus Scholar and don't care too much about a sub-optimal summoner, is MIND actually the best option? We're classed as a Piety class on the group finder (the class bonus you give), and i've seen some guides advocating Piety > Mind. I've seen more saying go 30 Mind though.
    a pie focus isnt necessary.. SCH only go mind, SMN only go int, both than split the point 15 to each... pie is nothing more than mana pool and most of the time isn't needed... also if the equation is similair to 1.0 than 1/3 of overall points actually increases mind... so those 30 points are actually 10. if you want just think of it as 10 free points
    (0)
    Last edited by Valiant; 09-19-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zephyr Minx
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasandaro View Post
    ...since we have the fairy to offload some of the healing, we'll have more downtime in our rotations to use the dots from ACN, which all require INT.
    Except fairies are nigh useless without a way to choose what they auto-cast and what they don't. They immediately waste the AoE regen the second you tell them to cast anything, making micromanagement impossible. Either they cast everything automatically, or do nothing. There is NO way to have them cast only the things you want.

Also, that's what Cleric Stance is for: instant-swap int and mind with 10% damage boost. Not swapping DPS stats from int to mind when switching to a healer job is just... lazy? Or a huge oversight. Either way I can't continue to play and enjoy leveling the class until they fix these issues, especially the faerie thing.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jesty Juju
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 44
    If you play Scholar most of the time, put all stats in MND.
    If you play Summoner most of the time, put all stats in INT.
    If you play a mix of Scholar and Summoner, put stats 50/50 into MND/INT.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lumira Finale
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 25
    Does anyone have any resources this information is being pulled from or is this speculation. i would be interested in seeing where this info is coming from. it seems unlikely that you would gimped for switching. from what i've heard each does have it's own stat allocation.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Indis Amarie
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 63
    Just wanted to point out that when you equip the Scholar gem you gain a decent chunk of stats. I go from 193 Mind/202 Piety too 274 Mind/242 Piety just from equipping the gem without any gear by a Grimoir on.
    Ah probly should mention that's going from Arcanist - scholar.
    (2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2