Player
    Character
    T'sin Drim
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 35

Hippogryph Sinew

Hello! I recently hit the 30s or so in leatherworking and it seems hippogryph sinew is a big deal. I've seen a few people say they see it drop in Mor Dhona, but since these are 30-ish level items we're crafting I'm assuming there must be a more level appropriate mob out there somewhere that I can actually kill (similar to how level-appropriate to underleveled toads and boars were also hidden around the maps). Has anyone found a mob that drops these yet? Thank you!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    The Hippogryphs in Moh Dhona and Coerthas. The Coerthas ones are a bit lower than Mor Dhona, but still higher than 30 (around 40, if I recall).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Varsir Ishtear
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    I recommend you avoid making anything Hippogryph sinew related, the sinew drop rate is kinda awful. And you might need them for high lvl grade craft later.

<--- lvl 50 leatherwork
    (0)

Player
    Character
    T'sin Drim
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 35
    Ouch. Thanks to both of you for the tips though! (Especially about needing the sinews later on.) Kind of surprised since about half my current recipes need it, but I guess I'll figure out some way to level past without using any. Thanks again for the tips!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Varsir Ishtear
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    You can check this site for some ingredients you need later on:
    http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Ca...rcraft_Recipes

Mind you, don't trust everything it says, it gives the wrong number of fleece needed for wool for example...

I know that there's a 3x leve around lvl 35 I think that needs hippo sinew, but the lvl 30 goatskin choker in Costa del sol is easier to make and hq.
    (0)