Player
    Character
    Frost Trunks
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80

BRD roulette queue times vs other DPS?

Ok, so I made an observation the other night while doing my daily roulette runs.

I have been playing DRG a lot recently and have been doing most of my roulette runs as DRG. I get queue times somewhere around < 7 minutes. I used to run nothing but BRD for DPS (I also run PLD). But when I started playing DRG, I let my BRD ilvl kind of fall behind. The other night, I went and splurged on soldiery accessories for my BRD to get it back up to speed. So, to give the new gear a run, I queued up BRD in roulette (I think HM or EX dungeon).

After 28 minutes... I got nothing. So... Out of curiosity, I switched to DRG. Less than five minutes later I get a party. I thought it was dumb luck, so I tried it again with a different roulette. Twenty-five minutes later, no party. Queued as DRG. Less than 5 minutes. DING! Party... WTF? Is a BRD handled differently than other DPS roles? I know it's not because they want to avoid having two BRDs in a 4-man party, I have seen that happen before. Unless it was just recently changed. Anyone else experience this?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ticdup Unffunff
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    ranged dps vs melee dps
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lex Sunfire
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    more ranged dps players than melee dps players = longer waiting times for ranged dps players.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rui Ooshima
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Do they even have a range/melee quota per party? I doubt so somehow, seen enough Titan HM on Trials Roulette with 4 bards.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bombastica Davion
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooshima View Post
    Do they even have a range/melee quota per party? I doubt so somehow, seen enough Titan HM on Trials Roulette with 4 bards.
    They do.

Any time you see something like double/quad Bard, it's most likely a premade. If not, then the que in DF was very, very empty.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rui Ooshima
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombast View Post
    They do.

Any time you see something like double/quad Bard, it's most likely a premade. If not, then the que in DF was very, very empty.
    Not really. Even as a DPS these days Trials Roulette is ready in 5-10mins. Last night my trial gave Garuda HM and I ended up with 188 myth tomes, me having some OCD would want to see my tome numbers to be multiples of 5 so I queued for Garuda HM for the 12 myth to make it 200 and it popped in 5mins or so. Plenty of players (the Japanese plays typically until 2-3am based on personal experience). I vividly recall a few times when we get 4 bards, the players (Japanese) were like "eh? 4 bards? lol!" in party chat so I doubt it was pre-mades.

And for Titan HM I get 3 ranged far more frequently than 2 range 2 melee thou. So.. I'm not really sure about quotas. >.>
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Warlyx Arada
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    i tried to do some tests sometime ago but the pool of ppl joining / leaving df is so big that is hard to know :S

the DF tries to put the party like that :

1 tank (pld/war) 1 healer (sch/whm) , 1 melee (mnk/drg) , 1 ranged (blm/smn/brd)

if the DF doesnt found a melee :

1 tank (pld/war) 1 healer (sch/whm) , 1 magic ranged (blm / smn) , 1 ranged (blm/smn/brd)

if doesnt find a magic ranged u get a party with 2 bards, i guess is for Limit break purpouses/ loot share and party stat bonus even.

i tried to queue as drg/brd/smn for DR , bard took the most time always.

to be fair there are way more blm/brds running around now than 2.0-2.1 ,rerolls or alts i guess
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Felendis Vreer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I believe Warlyx has it mostly correct. DF tries to diversify the party as much as possible. This is why you very rarely see tanks and healers of the same class EXCEPT in certain instances that skew results e.g. all the relic quest trials tend to have somewhat odd party comps.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lex Sunfire
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    for dungeons with light parties, the df tries to put one melee dps and one ranged dps. if it takes too long to find a melee dps it will then pair two ranged dps. I don't know about the trials/raids that require full parties. all I know is that light parties, the df will try to put one melee dps and one ranged dps.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I tend to believe this as whether i queue as blm or Bard the wait time is ages.
    Yesterday was qued as blm with a Bard and waited an hour until we finally said forget it
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast