Player
    Character
    Nivan Greyleaf
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53

Looking for relaxed, drama and stress-free FC. If there is none, looking to create it

I'm usually a casual player who only plays the darn game and does not get involved in the forums or the community very much. Over the last 7-8 years I have been hopping from mmo to mmo, just joining a guild, keeping my head down, enjoying the game until it was no longer anjoyable and then move on.

It seems however that now in ARR I have to change my habits and become more active. Not only does ARR suit my playstyle so perfectly, that I anticipate staying with the game for a good few years, I also simply cannot find a suitable FC of likeminded people.

*1k character limit reached, continued in next post*
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nivan Greyleaf
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    I have tried asking around ingame, I have browsed various forums and I have googled for hours. This is post is my last resort trying to find one, if not I'll have to create my own FC to my liking, and in all honesty I do not really want to lead a FC I used to be guild leader back in the old days when I was young and had the time and all I remember is being so busy keeping the guild running and ensuring all the members had fun, that I barely had time to have fun myself.

What I am looking for is old farts like me, boring people who just play mmos because it is fun, but not to prove something to the world or to tell the rest of the playerbase what to do and how to play their character.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nivan Greyleaf
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    I love ARR and would like to spend my ingame time with people who have RL commitments and don't go into rage if the FC's main tank can not come to raidnight because his child is sick. I want to hang out with people who are relaxed enough to enjoy questing, raiding, pvp (when it is implemented), RP or crafting in their own way and don't feel this childish need to pressure others into doing the same that they do.

*hrmpf... character limit sure is a nuisance*
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nivan Greyleaf
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    And most of all, I am looking for mature players who are as tired as I am of this juvenile and crude behaviour going on in so many guilds in mmos. I prefer to play in an environment free of drama because that guy was promoted half a week later that the other guy. I don't want to have to listen to racism or hate against certain nationalities (especially native english speakers raging against non native english speakers, or the ever popular hilter thing with germans). I certainly don't want to listen to crude and disgusting sex-talk in FC chat.

If you have a FC like this and your recruitment is still open, please let me know

If not... is there anyone willing to help me create one? I'll certainly not do it on my own. To put it in Danny Glover's (probably misspelled) words "I'm too old for this ***"
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dawn Solaria
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    editing a post is a nice workaround for the character limit

But, if you seek such a FC, you're more than welcome to join us; All officers including myself have a daytime job so we aren't pressuring anyone to hit 50 (yet), though our intentions are and will be Raiding once we have the people to do so so please keep that in mind if you're applying. Naturally, personal matters are always more important than this game.

you can find us on http://aetherizedcrystal.eu
    (0)

Dawn Solaria, LV50 Black Mage
    Company Leader Officer of [AC] Aetherized Crystal (http://aetherizedcrystal.eu) on Phoenix EU

Player
    Character
    Bel Slanteith
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 26
    let me know if you find it, you sound a lot like me
    I've been playing mmos since eq in 1999 and anything and everything since. Definitely getting too old for the drama and burned out from years of 4 nights a week until 1am of heavy progression for more shiny pixels.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amaterasu Gerani
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Hey chap,

So a little about Judge: We're not actually recruiting at the moment as we don't want to flood a stable core of players with a ton of new faces, but there's always room for people like us. We're a small guild in this game, by choice. Our history is simple enough, and likely echoes many others - we started in WoW as a raid guild. Our attitude has always been to "raid infrequently, but do it well when we do".

Or plan in FFXIV is to raid two nights a week, and work on clearing 8 man content. We're not rushing; half the guild (of about 10 people) are still in the mid 20's to 30's. We have a couple of level 50's (of which I am one).

We like the game too. It's surprised us to be honest, we thought it was going to be just another MMO to keep us going until something like Wildstar came along.

Age-wise the average is 30, a mix of Brits and Scandinavians. All working, all with jobs, all with commitments.

Give me a tell in game if you'd like a chat.

jdge.enjin.com
    (0)
    Last edited by Amayasu; 09-16-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sulel Valesong
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 23
    Looking for a similar thing... PM me in game if you find a nice FC
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nivan Greyleaf
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    Just to give a little update and wrap up this thread...

After messing about for a good few days longer without really finding what I was looking for (did get in touch with members of a few FCs you find here on the forum, even this thread) and joining a FC that looked good on paper (but turned out quite the opposite once joined), I officially give up on finding that relaxed casual guild for old farts like me.

I'll just try to make one myself over the next couple of days, and given my "relaxed" (in other words "lazy" attitude) and lack of up to date knowledge with guild organisation I'll probably fail miserably, but you never know unless you try. At least I have a good chance of meeting a few nice people in the process.

As for you two who wanted me to keep you updated... sorry, but I never managed to catch you ingame, probably different timezone.
    (0)