Player
    Character
    Savari Windfall
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Tanking Macros

Does anyone have any useful tanking macros they use in dungeons or parties?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Charon Akutenshi
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    #Provoke target under mouse cursor:

/macroicon "Provoke"
    /ac "Provoke" <mo>

I just set this one up on my PLD. I'm also thinking about adding:

/ac "Shield Lob" <mo>

to the this macro to hold the aggro after provoking. Although it might just be simpler to create a second mouse over macro just for shield lob to allow for more veratility.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Blanche Ronfhildstine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    heres a few i use

/ac "Fast Blade" <t>
    /ac "Shield Lob" <t>
    what this does is, if u are out of distance to use fast blade it will shielf lob, if u are within distance to fast blade it will fast blade

some may disagree with this one but i like it helps me alot since i pull with provoke alot, and i know that provoke does not work like in wow, its just it has a longer range than shield lob and for getting certain enemies that are farther away while not aggroing others is very helpful

/ac "Provoke" <t>
    /ac "Flash" <me>
    what this does is, if provoke is off cd it will use it. if it is on cd it will flash

these are my situational/def macros.

/ac "Foresight" <me> 90sec cd 20% def buff 20sec
    /ac "Bulwark" <me> 180 sec cd 60% block rate increase for 15 sec
    /ac "Fight or Flight" <me> 180 sec cd 20% dmg buff 30%
    /ac "Bloodbath" <me> 90 sec cd 25% of all dmg done is converted to health for 30 sec
    this is my macro that i use in intervals of 90 sec depending on the situation, def plus 20%,block by 60% Damageby 20% and healed for 25% of all dmg done for 30 sec
    press macro 4 times to activate all 4 abilities

this is my oh shit bout to die or, big hits are coming and healers need help macro

/ac "Convalescence" <me> 120 sec cd healing spells are 30% more affective on you for 20 sec
    /ac "Awareness" <me> 120 sec cd reduces chance to be critically hit by 25% for 25 sec
    /ac "Rampart" <me> 90 sec cd all dmg recieved is reduced by 20% for 20 sec
    /ac "Sentinel <me> 180 sec cd all dmg received is reduced by 40% for 10 sec

this macro i use very sparingly, mostly for high bust situations, basically all damage you take is reduced by 60%, u are less likely to be critically hit, and healing spells will heal you for 30% more so this is an awesome macro,
    press macro 4 times to activate all 4 abilities

and this is for saving space mostly for this macro,

/ac "Shield Oath" <me>
    /ac "Sword Oath" <me>

basically press macro once it activates shield oath, press it again it activates sword oath, and continue on for whatever situation.
    these are what i use, and btw if anyone has any macro ideas im interested to see what other people use
    (2)
    Last edited by xenosuke1; 09-17-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jadus Salaheem
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Weaponskill Macro - unfortunately these come with a noticeable "hesitation" due to lack of decimal control in the /wait command.

/ac "Heavy Swing" <t>
    /wait 2.5
    /ac "Maim" <t>
    /echo Maim - +20% Damage 24sec
    /wait 2.5
    /ac "Storm's Eye" <t>
    /p (Storm's Eye) -10% Slashing Resistance -50% Healing Potency
    /echo (Storm's Eye) - Ready!

Berserk & Bloodbath Macro

/ac "Bloodbath" <me>
    /wait 10
    /ac "Berserk" <me>
    /wait 20
    /echo (Berserk & Bloodbath) - Recast 90sec
    /p Beware - Pacification 5sec!
    /wait 60
    /wait 10
    /echo (Berserk & Bloodbath) - Ready!

Healing +40%

/ac "Convalescence" <me>
    /wait .5~1
    /ac "Mantra" <me>
    /wait .5~1
    /ac "Infuriate" <me>
    /echo !Wrath V - 30sec
    /p Healing Potency +40% HP: <hp>
    /wait 60
    /echo (Infuriate) - Ready!
    /wait 60
    /echo (Mantra & Convalescence) - Ready!

The macro command control and visual feedback sucks in XIV at the moment... I do /echo x4 because I like a visual reminder and anything less will just be drowned in the log. Probably excessive.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Savari Windfall
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Thanks for all of the help guys, appreciate it =)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    /macroion "Fast Blade"
    /ac "Fast Blade" <t>
    /ac "Fight or Flight" <me>
    /ac "Rampart" <me>
    /ac "Bloodbath" <me>

As FoF is an enimity tool, you want it always on cool down, rampart is a fairly weak mitigation skill, so its nice to use it on cool down as well. In dungeons, you'll find this means you almost always pull with these two buffs, and as you spam through on a boss, you'll keep re-using them for maximum up time.

I use this even on Titan HM, after all, we aren't gonan hit it for much anyway so no need to save FoF for heart--just switch to sword oath.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Decorma Tilapia
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 37
    A little off the beaten path from the title of this thread. I know by asking this Im sure Im going to get some a**holes that call me noob and what have you but here it goes anyways. How important are the use of macros? Been looking for the next step in prep for higher dungeons cause right now I have no problem tanking. Been reading alot trying to add to my versatility as a tank and as a player and this seems to be the next ideal step if its a must have thing. Long post short, is having macros being lazy and not wanting to hit all the buttons?, or essential to cut out human delay and basically auto run your stuff while saving room on the hotbars? Thanks for any reponse and for not being a**holes bout it
    (0)
    The most iconic words in MMOs:

LEEEEEROYYYY JEEEEENKINSSSS!!!!!!

Player
    Character
    Jadus Salaheem
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkjd2008 View Post
    !
    They aren't important - it just depends on how you keep track of things. I tend to use certain actions in tandem - so putting their execution into one key you can hit repeatedly can make things easier (this is very simple macro design nothing like what I posted above). You can set up your macro so that the skills you use are on a single keystroke.

Example:
    Macro
    /ac "Bloodbath" <me>
    /ac "Foresight" <me>
    /ac "Featherfoot" <me>

Set this as 7 on your action bar - now you only need to hit 7 repeatedly to use those 3 skills rather than 3 different keys.

Downside - you can't see a cool down for those skills without adding a /wait + /echo message. You are forced to do skills in whatever order they are macro'd. You can only set /wait commands as low as /wait .1 or as high as /wait 60 also.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkjd2008 View Post
    !
    The one I posted is the only one I use as an endgame tank. It is purely to save spacee on my hotbar and to remove a micormanagement challenge. As I said, it is best to keep those skills on cool down, so I know that they will be almost perfectly on cool down becasue I hit that button every third GCD. I am not overly comfortable stacking other cool downs together as it will be somewhat wastefull. For example, if you are putting foresight and sentinel together, if the boss frequently spikes (such as last phase titan) you'll find you don't have enough cool downs.

You'll see other macros for healers that are more ease of use as well, such as /ac "Aeor" <tt> so that healers can place the dot on the boss without having to target off the tank.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Decorma Tilapia
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 37
    Thanks fellas. Makes a little more sense. Have been noticing even at 24 thers alot of the hotbar filled up already without having cross class from maruader, (which i know i need to have). Think once I get the cross class skills from maruader Ill set that one up to save some some room and keep those buffs on cooldown. Thanks again for the help
    (0)
    The most iconic words in MMOs:

LEEEEEROYYYY JEEEEENKINSSSS!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast