Thread: Tanking Macros

Player
    Character
    Omagana Primus
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Guys I have shield lob macro'd with fast blade like many others. However sometimes when I AM in melee range of the mob hitting the macro still does shield lob, any idea why or how to stop this?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jadus Salaheem
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Omagana View Post
    Guys I have shield lob macro'd with fast blade like many others. However sometimes when I AM in melee range of the mob hitting the macro still does shield lob, any idea why or how to stop this?
    You macro will always execute commands in the order they are written unless they are on cool-down, or not within range. If your macro is:

/ac "Shield Lob" <t>
    /ac "Fast Blade" <t>

It will always attempt Shield Lob first.

If you want it to combination:

/ac "Shield Lob" <t>
    /wait 2.5
    /ac "Fast Blade" <t>

It will still attempt to execute Shield Lob - but after the 2.5 GCD it will attempt to Fast Blade. Your range from the monster makes no difference. It's a very simple straight scripting of action.

There is no <if> or <range> commands to cancel abilities that are not the correct sequence based on your current distance from the target.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Omagana Primus
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhex View Post
    You macro will always execute commands in the order they are written unless they are on cool-down, or not within range. If your macro is:

/ac "Shield Lob" <t>
    /ac "Fast Blade" <t>

It will always attempt Shield Lob first.

If you want it to combination:

/ac "Shield Lob" <t>
    /wait 2.5
    /ac "Fast Blade" <t>

It will still attempt to execute Shield Lob - but after the 2.5 GCD it will attempt to Fast Blade. Your range from the monster makes no difference. It's a very simple straight scripting of action.

There is no <if> or <range> commands to cancel abilities that are not the correct sequence based on your current distance from the target.
    My macro is:

/ac "Fast Blade" <t>
    /ac "Shield Lob" <t>

So when I'm in melee range I do fast blade, when not in melee range I shield lob. It works the vast majority of the time, however sometimes for whatever reason it does shield lob when I'm in melee range. I've no idea why, that was my question.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jadus Salaheem
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Omagana View Post
    My macro is:

/ac "Fast Blade" <t>
    /ac "Shield Lob" <t>

So when I'm in melee range I do fast blade, when not in melee range I shield lob. It works the vast majority of the time, however sometimes for whatever reason it does shield lob when I'm in melee range. I've no idea why, that was my question.
    Could be you're hitting it @ .2 or .1 left on GCD which is interrupting the Fast Blade action and moving to the 2nd line causing you to Shield Lob? Not really sure I haven't encountered this issue myself.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blanche Ronfhildstine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    the reason why it does this is, position dependant, jus how the game is, if u more like 1 step back/forward it fixes it,
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2