Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Make a macro, /focustarget <t>

If you are healer /focustarget <tt>

Focus is pretty useless at the moment because the text obscures the cast bar :S
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eisen Marduk
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Are you talking about marking a target or locking on to one?

In order to lock on to a target you are targeting, and thus have your camera focused on said target, you just have to push the left stick button, or L3 if you want to use Dual Shock notation.

If you're trying to mark a target for others to attack, you select your target, press the Square button using Dual Shock notation(or X if using a logitech F750 or 360 controller), select 'mark' from the mini menu, select an icon to use, then hit accept on your controller and that's it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tarek Darichian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakhim View Post
    If you're trying to mark a target for others to attack, you select your target, press the Square button using Dual Shock notation(or X if using a logitech F750 or 360 controller), select 'mark' from the mini menu, select an icon to use, then hit accept on your controller and that's it.
    And you can also choose to hotkey the mark command from this menu.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakhim View Post
    Are you talking about marking a target or locking on to one?

In order to lock on to a target you are targeting, and thus have your camera focused on said target, you just have to push the left stick button, or L3 if you want to use Dual Shock notation.

It is basically focusing the HP bar of a monster (it allows you to see what the boss is casting regardless of who you are targeting), try it, target a monster/boss and press shift+F.

Reason why the OP can't do this with gamepad set up is because of direct chat, which I turn off with controller.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ceol Ashwin
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    On PC, you can set a target into a "Focus Target" window, where you see its HP and status ailments like you were targeting it except you can have other things targeted at the same time. It's a little window that pops up on the left side near your party and hate list.

However, I don't believe it exists on the PS3, which is a huge shame. It would make Tonberry King a bit easier.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyori Mahnae
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Controller even on PC has this automatically built in. Or at least that's how mine works. If I target either a mob or player and perform an action it it is automatically set as the focus target I can then freely target other thing with the dpad and it will always go back to the focus target after I perform an action on whatever I subtargeted
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Pepper
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    As mentioned in the OP, focus target is Not camera lock.

I will try /focustarget since that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for Thanks a bunch for all of the replies, this has been bothering me for a while and I'm glad I finally posted about it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Focus Target is not Target-Lock.
    It is a second target bar. With it you can have 2 targets at the same time.

(0)

Player
    Character
    Echo Ma'ruh
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    GRRRR! I wise the ps3 version had this feature. You have no idea how much easier it would be to fight a boss with multiple enemies or players around on screen. Ugh! I'm kinda pissed
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2