Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Nacht Wulfengard
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60

Trade in unwanted primal weapons for tomestones?

Can we make this a feature? Cause I've been running HM Ifrit/Garuda all week and I've received one of practically every single ifrit weapon for every class other than WAR,PLD, and BRD (Which is my class).

Hell I haven't even seen the bow drop once!

But I'd gladly settle for being able to trade them in for 10-50 tomes, kinda like how you can trade in GC stuff for a small amount of seals.

At least then I'd have a use for some of these, cause I'll never use the SMN/SCH books >.> And then I'd be able to possibly win another later on when someone else can't roll on it, so on and so forth.

Or even make them vendorable, 100 gil and be able to dump off the blasted things is a lot better than just discarding them.
    (8)
    Last edited by ZyloWolfBane; 09-16-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Player
    Character
    Star Breeze
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Sorry, don't really agree on this. If you don't want it then don't need/greed. Let someone else greed that can use it for a job they plan on levelling.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Nacht Wulfengard
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Namko View Post
    Sorry, don't really agree on this. If you don't want it then don't need/greed. Let someone else greed that can use it for a job they plan on levelling.
    And what if NOBODY can roll on it? It's been long enough, I'm sure most people have all the other weapons they don't need but could still use a TON of tomes.

It should just go to waste then? This is why something should be in place, or improve the loot system to drop items that can actually be used by the people in the instance, so I don't see things like the 35th damn DRG spear in a row when there isn't a single DRG in the party.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kender Lightbeam
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    No, I agree with this.

If a FC has the ability to farm a primal 10 times in a row, get some people some weapons, and reward the players who already have the weapons, why not?

20 tomes for 1 weapon would be fair. It can't be too much, because tomes would become too easy. But, the fights themselves are fun to do. If a group is skilled enough to roll through them, why not reward the players who are just helping their friends?

This is a GREAT idea.
    (5)

Player

Only if they're tier 1 tomestones.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Musou Mugen
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyloWolfBane View Post
    And what if NOBODY can roll on it? It's been long enough, I'm sure most people have all the other weapons they don't need but could still use a TON of tomes.

It should just go to waste then? This is why something should be in place, or improve the loot system to drop items that can actually be used by the people in the instance, so I don't see things like the 35th damn DRG spear in a row when there isn't a single DRG in the party.
    I've never seen anything but books at Ifrit and Garuda, except that 1 time a bow dropped at Garuda. So no, not everyone has everything

But yeah, small amount of tomes would be nice.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Star Breeze
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Oh come on, don't be so naive to think this wouldn't be abused, take the bigger picture in. A better suggestion would be to use the tokens as they did in 1.0, unfortunately it doesn't really work with the current loot system. Hardly long enough, the game hasn't been out for a month. Try spamming AV for a month to not even get a piece of DL, or even the primal weapons in 1.0. Hello DM5/Vampire Plant. We get a small amount of Tomes from the fight. A duplicate weapon is as good as the weapon of choice not dropping.

I do agree with your suggestion of the better loot system where loot is loaded up according to party make up. That would go a long way.
    (1)
    Last edited by Namko; 09-16-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lunar Emerald
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    How would it be abused?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Laume Wildkey
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    In 1.0, the primal fights use to drop tokens (in addition to weapons) that you can trade in for the weapon of your choice via Rowena. That isn't the case anymore?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarEmerald View Post
    How would it be abused?
    People already greed on stuff they can't even use (I check who wins, most of the time they don't even have the class unlocked or it's only level 10) - it'd get worse. Also, SE can't make Ifrit Weapons say 110 Tombstones then Garuda 130 then Titan 160, because people would complain that it's unfair blah blah so everything will be a set price and we'll get crowded queues for primals which hinders story and relic progression for people because they want to farm it for tombstones.

People that say "Well join an LS or FC" don't understand anything - You can join an LS or FC all you want, you still have to load the duty finder which still can take 30 min - 2 hours even with a prebuilt party on some server grouping.

Quote Originally Posted by Laume View Post
    In 1.0, the primal fights use to drop tokens (in addition to weapons) that you can trade in for the weapon of your choice via Rowena. That isn't the case anymore?
    Nope! You have to need/greed/pass on the single weapon drop as that is the system people wanted ARR to have instead of the superior system XI used where you beat the summon and go back and choose your reward and you simply had to repeat it till you had everything you wanted. So no nuts/totems/vortex etc.
    (2)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast