Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Star Breeze
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Actually I can't recall more than one type of item from a single chest so far in this game. I'm not denying your knowledge of OOP but there is still a balancing issue, there are more mathematics behind the decisions than just saying ok add this. The infrastructure is there, sure, but with this size team these requests would go up and down the line of command, testing, implementing. Add extra NPC for trade? It all seems like a headache cause some guy can't get a Bow after one night of spamming Ifrit.

You didn't get the drop [That's too bad], try again.

Primal weapons from tomestones doesn't necessarily fit with lore and would need a separate counter for keeping track, then there is impact on UI/design etc.

I don't see a change any time soon. Just spam the battle and get your weapon. That's what we have been given.

You could also create a post in the feedback forum, see if you get an answer.
    (0)
    Last edited by Namko; 09-17-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Evandis Shieldheart
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Need takes priority over greed in the loot system anyway, so any claims to people being able to abuse this are just laughable.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Laume Wildkey
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Namko View Post
    Actually I can't recall more than one type of item from a single chest so far in this game.
    Moot to the point of 1 chest being able to drop tokens ala 1.0. Which is what I was asking about/wanted citation about.

I'm not denying your knowledge of OOP but there is still a balancing issue, there are more mathematics behind the decisions than just saying ok add this.
    Yeah, that's fine. Balancing would need to be done, no doubt. It can be done, it's just numbers in the code. But it'st still moot to the point that it's possible with the current system, which is all I'm trying to say.

Primal weapons from tomestones doesn't necessarily fit with lore and would need a separate counter for keeping track, then there is impact on UI/design etc.
    No, there isn't. Again, oop and 3 additional items that already existed in 1.0. Also, it didn't necessarily fit in the lore in 1.0 that some lady was handing out primal weapons either. But it was done.

I don't see a change any time soon. Just spam the battle and get your weapon. That's what we have been given.
    That's not exactly true either. It's not "all we have been given." It's "what we've been given due to what people asked for."

My question is, why, given that the 1.0 system is still possible, would people prefer the 2.0 system? That's not a rhetorical question. I really want an answer for that. So far, with all the people in this thread, the reason just seems to be "we like it like this so you don't know what you're talking about."
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Laume Wildkey
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Additional post due to edit of quoted post

The infrastructure is there, sure, but with this size team these requests would go up and down the line of command, testing, implementing. Add extra NPC for trade? It all seems like a headache cause some guy can't get a Bow after one night of spamming Ifrit.
    There are people asking for changes in the titan fight because it's "too hard". There are people asking for a music change for the magitek mount. Between the two, I think this request, in terms of priority, would nicely fit in the middle.

You didn't get the drop [That's too bad], try again.
    Uhh... I haven't fought hard primal since 1.0. Nor do I plan to. It just seems like a step backwards in progress to have a system where everyone could be (mostly) happy to a system where only 1 person can something per fight simply because people requested that way. I just want to know why the backwards in progress.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evandis Shieldheart
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Laume View Post
    My question is, why, given that the 1.0 system is still possible, would people prefer the 2.0 system? That's not a rhetorical question. I really want an answer for that. So far, with all the people in this thread, the reason just seems to be "we like it like this so you don't know what you're talking about."
    It's called elitism. There are people who believe they pay more per month than someone else (when subs actually begin) and therefore they don't think everyone should be able to enjoy the game and get the item, just them. Trust me, it's what it is. It was like that in FFXI as well. They won't admit it, but it's elitism.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Star Breeze
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    @Evandis, you missed the point. Check Tupsi's original post, or even my first post.

@Laume I don't prefer the 2.0 system for primals, I don't recall typing that. I was in favour of a loot pool according to party make-up (saying it again). If they changed the system to add an extra slot then people would ask for this across the entire game, where does it stop? Every chest in the game has a probability that it may not load the drop you want. The only ones that are not RNG are dark light armour, af+1 armour and relic weapons (uses tomes and quest progression). That is how/why they have handled it like this. Some things can be achieved by a point system (best gear in game). Everything else is on an RNG. You can work towards getting your RNG stuff while collecting points for your ultimate gear. That is also why destroying primal weapons for seals when someone else could benefit is a bad idea. I guess that is what the dev team had in mind. That answer it?
    (0)
    Last edited by Namko; 09-17-2013 at 01:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    Blaise Destin
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I personally find the current system is rather unreasonable. No reason, with the difficulty of these fights when using DF (and even with some FC/LS Friends...) that you should only get 1 Weapon at the end and no other means to obtain them.

I don't think reverting to 1.0 would be best, though its a solution i would gladly accept, but perhaps giving the end chest 2 Drops, and a chance at 3, essentially double to tripling your odds of getting the weapon you want... Would be easier to do?

\
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Laume Wildkey
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Evandis View Post
    It's called elitism. There are people who believe they pay more per month than someone else (when subs actually begin) and therefore they don't think everyone should be able to enjoy the game and get the item, just them. Trust me, it's what it is. It was like that in FFXI as well. They won't admit it, but it's elitism.
    So far, it's looking that way. (And yeah, delve in ffxi atm is VERY MUCH that way. I got my twilight mail and helm through hard work so I'm happy with that for the time being.) But I would like very much for someone who thinks the current system is better than the 1.0 system, or someone who asked for the current system, to give me an answer. I would like to know the argument from both sides.

Btw, the feedback forums are only for website and localization. People post stuff there about the game mechanics because they don't read.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Star Breeze
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Yea they could throw a couple of extra chests in there. Maybe extra for clearing faster...or is that too elitist?

Everyone needs to let the dust settle, try the gear progression path, game has been out for not even a month and so much crying for 'want it now'.
    (1)
    Last edited by Namko; 09-17-2013 at 01:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sakasa Kuro
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 58
    Quote Originally Posted by Evandis View Post
    text limit
    Well yes and no. The issue with the feature is that the duty finder doesn't seem to care how it pairs classes together so it is possible to get two war or two whms or 3 arc (haven't heard of a 4 of a kind for dps yet but it has happen some where im sure) if there is a turn in it makes the weapon disposible similar to something being converted. While that is good for the game it does add a higher chance that a person is less likely to get the weapon for the first time. But depending on how many seals the weapon gives it abuseable as it is shorter then dungeon content for the most part so if a group want to channel all their resources into one player they could and bypass a built in time sync and if it is for myth tomes even more so as people will just farm weapons to turn in later when they are capped off for the week.
    (0)
    Mitsuda Yasunori + Soken Masayoshi Track Collaboration 2015! <The Dream>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast