Player
    Character
    Star Breeze
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Laume View Post
    In 1.0, the primal fights use to drop tokens (in addition to weapons) that you can trade in for the weapon of your choice via Rowena. That isn't the case anymore?
    No it isn't. It can't be incorporated into the current loot system. It is one drop per PT, not a separate loot per player.

@ Lunar, because DF players would greed to sell it off for tomestones over someone that might actually use it on another job. Yes, I do think someone that would use it has more entitlement to it than someone that would essentially destroy it for 10 tomestones.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lunar Emerald
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    People greed on everything anyway. You may use that class in the future.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Laume Wildkey
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupsi View Post
    Nope! You have to need/greed/pass on the single weapon drop as that is the system people wanted ARR to have instead of the superior system XI <snip>. So no nuts/totems/vortex etc.
    I actually prefer the 1.0 system over the ffxi system (because the weapons are actually useful as opposed to the weapons that you got in ffxi. I compare the hard primal fights more to shinryu fights in ffxi than to the actual primal fights.). But why would anyone *not* want the token system in 1.0? Does someone else not having the weapon make someone that does more special? O.O I thought the token system was the most ingenious system that I had seen out of any mmorpg today. Because, let's face it, the loot system sucks.

But yeah, the op's idea is pretty good too. Just not make it a 1 to 1 trade. Like 5 weapons that you don't want for the weapon you do, or something similar.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Star Breeze
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarEmerald View Post
    People greed on everything anyway. You may use that class in the future.
    Yes, once they obtain it they don't greed again, thank you for proving my point. The OP proposal would allow players to Greed indefinitely.

Again, OP - loot table according to PT make up = Good.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Laume Wildkey
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Namko View Post
    No it isn't. It can't be incorporated into the current loot system.
    Wait... it can't be incorporated into the current loot system? So the fight that ends with everyone getting exp can't automatically award people with tomestones? Even the dungeon coffers will randomly award people with allaghan pieces. To quote wikipedia editors, if you really claim that it can't be incorporated into the current loot system, then <citation needed>
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Star Breeze
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Nuts, Totems, Vortexs can't be incorporated into the current loot system, the loot system allows one weapon to be loaded that can be lotted on by everyone in the party. If they add a second coffer to randomly award someone with a token, yea but meh. I would think that with all the problems, bugs, RMT going on at the moment this will be way down on the priorities list, no citation needed, just common sense. Either I'm overestimating the complexity of changing something like this from a developer standpoint (code, balance, knock on etc etc) or you underestimate the time and manpower required.

NB I was not talking about tomestones. You already get those.
    (1)
    Last edited by Namko; 09-17-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    It can be as your loot window can have up to 4 items - They chose not to because they allowed 1.0 players to sell their weapon items for Tomes, which would give people another way to get tomes and Yoshi doesn't want that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Methos Ranperre
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupsi View Post
    It can be as your loot window can have up to 4 items - They chose not to because they allowed 1.0 players to sell their weapon items for Tomes, which would give people another way to get tomes and Yoshi doesn't want that.
    It's easier to just implement a new token item that can't be turned in for tomes and used for weapons only.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Star Breeze
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Yea original weapons could be sold for GC seals, I regret selling some now as the stats have been sexed up compared to my now broken melded weapons.

Of course loot windows can hold more than one item but it is currently programmed to drop one weapon. Tupsi I agree with your original post, you summed it up perfectly.

Trading weapons is different from asking for additional loot pools. Just trying (and apparently failing) to explain to Laume how the current loot pool works.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Laume Wildkey
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Namko View Post
    Either I'm overestimating the complexity of changing something like this from a developer standpoint (code, balance, knock on etc etc) or you underestimate the time and manpower required.
    Yes, you are. The code for dropping allaghan currency are already there. They can easily spawn a chest at the end of the fight. The hard mode primal fights are instances. The same instances generated (albeit with different parameters) as a dungeon. (Think back to object oriented programming). Unless the coffers are hardcoded to either drop an item into the common lot or drop potions or allaghan currency only (which is dropped randomly to a pt member, not the one that opened the chest), the very definition of oop says that the rewards for allaghan currency (bronze, gold, tin pieces, etc) can be changed to something else. But given that it's set to drop either potions or allaghan currency, it seems to suggest that the dropped items can be dynamically filled, in which case, a token can be dropped in place of allaghan currency or potions. But even if all that was impossible (which breaks EVERY rule of oop, which they must have done with this game otherwise it would run a lot slower than even 1.0), they could just make the primal weapons one of the things you can get with tomestones.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast