Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Character
    Shiyo Kozuki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    Things don't need to be hard or easy, but it would be nice if things were more equal.

A typical situation is boss fights which have gimmicks for the players, but that isn't covering pets, making SCH much harder than WHM to play. This is by no means a design for "hardmode SCH" but rather an oversight that they need to let pets be immune to certain things (or at minimum get the same effects a player gets).
    SCH +WHM is the best combination for every 8 man raid right now and SCH can mainheal any 4 man just as well as a WHM. If your pet is dying or you're having problems healing on a SCH it's a personal problem, not a game problem. SCH is INTENDED to be much more difficult than WHM to play and a more challenging healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    LMAO, because people with real-lives can devote 3-4 hours uninterrupted to play a video game.
    Really? 3-4 hours is too much for you? What are you working 10 jobs? Learn to manage tour time, or perhaps play a video game/video game genre that isn't well known for taking lots of time to get things done.

I know many many MANY people who work fulltime and have a family to take care of that can devote at least 5 hours twice a week to play a video game. sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.

Also, casual does not mean "bad player" and hardcore does not mean "pro player", I know many casual players who don't want easy, they want to be challenged and feel like they accomplished something. Casual means less time to play, hardcore means more time to play, right now you can play for 2 hours per day and get a relic done in a reasonable amount of time if you have skill or the motivation to learn. I know many players who play 24/7 and are hardcore who are HORRIBLE at the game, and casual players who don't play often and are amazing at their job(s).

Want to get your loot? Get better, don't ask for it to be nerfed because "b-b-b-b-ut I can't play 24/7 so I can't get this even though the fight only takes 1-2 hours at most!" There is nothing stopping you from getting all the gear in the game currently, it takes 8 runs of AK per week to cap out af+2, you can slowly work on a relic, and the only thing stopping you is a CHALLENGE, not 5 hour dungeons, not 10 hours of grinding, simply a challenge.

That doesn't mean casuals can't get it, it just means people can play the "but I'm a casual so this is too grindy for me and takes too long!" card, when in fact it's lack of skill holding them back, and not time.

Conclusion: Stop sucking and saying things need nerfed when you lack the skill. Get better.
    (3)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 09-17-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jynxii Au
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    SCH +WHM is the best combination for every 8 man raid right now
    I am definitely in love with this combo, as they compliment each other so well.

The only real thing I dislike about the SCH is the unintuitive pet integration, which I hope they address soon. That said, there are tricks to work around these shortcomings, but it will be nice when my fairy can heal a target without having to lodge itself up said target's butt first. Really feels like half the battle is getting the fairy's heal to go off, and the longer cooldown skills to NOT go off, lol.
    (0)
    If my posts seem short or incoherent, I am probably editing the rest in.

Player
    Character
    Epione Rinnin
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by jk315904 View Post
    The sad truth is the same people who cry to make the game harder, when given what they want, they come back two months later and complain it's now too hard.
    This, so so much. Come Phase 3 beta, the game was too hard. People demanded they lower the difficulty, and they did.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maire Devylin
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 49
    For this game to have such a huge and beautiful world, it's a shame that, in order to get the best stuff, you are pigeonholed into one or two instanced dungeons. Utilize the whole of the world, make some things require dungeons, other gathering, others crafting, etc., in order to earn the best stuff. Make use of the character system to the fullest, right now it's just "how much time do you have to dedicate to running this or that instance over and over."

That was one of the things I originally liked about GW2, you could get the best gear in the game by playing it the way you wanted to. Sadly, it was not hard at all to get that gear and it became boring rather quickly. There has to be some kind of middle ground where it can still be a challenge but not one where you can only get the gear in one or two ways, especially considering the wait to get into a dungeon and the cap. People in my FC don't consider AK a challenge at all anymore, just time consuming.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Angela Farehart
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    AF is just starter gear for lv50 and should be easy to get. It's not sacred at all. If you run AK with any regularity once you hit 50 it'll be replaced in no time.
    what you said is EXACTLY why i have a problem with this game.

Really good gear should never be completely accessible to achieve. Because now all the gear that 'isnt' really good or as good as it, now becomes wasted content and completely over looked. Since the level 45 artifact gear is the obvious best thing to wear at that point, it completely makes gear crafting utterly pointless! if that isnt bad game design, then i dont know what is.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Moirweyn View Post
    For this game to have such a huge and beautiful world, it's a shame that, in order to get the best stuff, you are pigeonholed into one or two instanced dungeons. Utilize the whole of the world, make some things require dungeons, other gathering, others crafting, etc., in order to earn the best stuff. Make use of the character system to the fullest, right now it's just "how much time do you have to dedicate to running this or that instance over and over."
    Definitely agree. I liked the phased area in Coerthas where you fight Dhorne Chimera. I hope they decide to utilize that more in the future.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chocobocharmer Bahamut
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Doowie View Post

For example I'm just waiting for the time when Garuda & Titan (Hardmode) gets nerfed because those "lazy" gamers are not able to get their relic weapon and because of people who worked to get their weapon, have it, that those lazy people feel that they should also have it with less work involved!

*awaits the flame*
    A few thousand people (I'm sure) used the tower glitch on Titan to get their relic weapons or bought a run, so relics are already tainted
    (4)

Player

Here's something to help with speed-running, etc. To make it so the developers don't have to go through every dungeon to check for speed-run balancing acts, the developers should instead cause the enmity to cascade, or distribute across the entire party once a party member attacks / etc. a monster. For instance, here's how it currently works...

Party
    Member A
    Member B
    Member C
    Member D

Member A is the tank. They attack a monster. All monsters linked to that monster will immediately move all enmity to the tank:

Party
    Member A << All Enmity
    Member B << NaN / -1
    Member C << NaN / -1
    Member D << NaN / -1

Since the enmity value of all the other party members is actually NaN (or -1) rather than zero or "1" the monsters do not appear in the enemy list. (Which is unfortunate for any healer in the party. They can't see if the aggro meter might change immediately and whatnot if they heal the tank.) Instead of doing the above, I suggest that the aggro/enmity system change slightly:

Party
    Member A << All Enmity
    Member B << 0 Enmity / 1
    Member C << 0 Enmity / 1
    Member D << 0 Enmity / 1

Instead of Nil, or -1 or NaN, this would be used, causing the whole party to have some enmity of sorts. When the person with the most enmity goes out of chase range, the monster will switch to the closest person in the party link, rather than going back to its spawn and turning invuln / yellow. This CAN be abusable in the over-world, to a degree. But, you can make a separate system to warn players of this when a party member attacks an enemy, such as "Party members are now linked. Enmity is shared."
    (5)

Greetings,

I’m happy to see that you adventurers are up for a good challenge and ready to get down and dirty with some difficult content!

Of course in addition to supplementing the end-game with extreme battles and other challenging content, we will also reduce the difficulty of the existing high level content at the same time, as Yoshida has mentioned in previously during Letter from the Producer LIVE.

We're always reading and reporting your feedback, but please understand that when we introduce new content and supplement higher-level events, it allows us to ease up on earlier content. (Of course there will be things added in patch 2.1 that isn't focused on end-game.)

We’ll be announcing details about the specific content to be released in the near future, but I wanted to just remind you about the general plan.
    (112)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Kyuyuna Shadowsun
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    If they were easy they wouldn't need nerfing wouldn't they?
    (30)

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast