Player
    Character
    Malcolm Quill
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

AF+1 Costs WAY Too Much

So I thought to myself, "Wow, this mythology tomestone farming thing is taking FOREVER," so I tried science!

Having added up the costs, and accounting for cross-class usage of accessories I came to the following results:

Single-Job Numbers:
    - Cost of complete AF+1/Relic+1 set (m. tomestones): 5,685
    - AK runs to complete: 143
    - Weeks to complete (assuming 300/wk): 19 (=~5 months)
    - Hours of gameplay required (avg 60 min AK at 70% success rate + 30 mins of DF wait): 278

Total Completion Numbers (assuming shared accessories):
    - Cost for all AF+1/Relic+1 sets (m. tomestones): 42,540
    - AK runs to complete: 1,064
    - Weeks to complete: 142 (=~36 months, =~3 years)
    - Hours of gameplay required: 2,074

I believe the following pictures sum up my total feels at the present time:

These two posts, and my replies, pretty well sum up the reaction here:

Quote Originally Posted by Joji View Post
    A question for you people playing this MMO, do you plan playing this for more than 5 months?
    If so, stop complaining. Not everything is time saving and convenient. Get used to it!
    This coming from a Legacy player who started a new character and is by no means in any rush to get to the end quickly.
    Because that's the thing with MMO's, there is no end.. really!
    Quote Originally Posted by GilbertLapine View Post
    I had planned on playing for the long run, though this has me rethinking my decision. In order to 'finish' a single class, anyone with a job and a life has to spend 90-100% of their daily game time in a dungeon/LFP/DF, with little opportunity for working on subclasses, crafting, or community building. It's also a crapshoot for gil production unless you're taking the hit in stats to equip cheap white equips you can assimilate later for cash. So... that'll gimp a lot of players that decide to take time for gil farming when housing comes out as well.

So many people posting here seem to be blind to the fact that a) there's more to do in the game than grind Amdapor Keep, and b) (allegedly) there is more content forthcoming that isn't even dungeon-based (i.e., housing, PvP Frontline, etc.).

I would turn the question to you, then, and ask: do you plan on only playing until you get your equips, then quit? If so, what was the point of getting them in the first place? Do you have so little imagination that you can't play an MMO unless you're spoon fed progression? Because that's the thing with MMO's there is no end.. really! Unless.. you QQ once you get your end gear, that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruk View Post
    If it we're that easy to get there would be no point to doing other things like Coil. Even CT that's coming out in 2.1 is supposed to be ilvl80ish. The AF +1 is meant to supplement or fill in gaps in your current gear that you don't get from the RNG chests.

I agree though, only one viable end game dungeon to actually get said myth tomestones outside of Coil needs to be addressed. This seems more like throwing a bone to people that either can't spend the time to do the higher end content or aren't able to complete it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GilbertLapine View Post
    I gotta ask then, if this is the case why is it so damn hard to get? If it's just a gap filler, it shouldn't be so insanely troublesome to attain.

Also, it's rather disturbing how many people equate the game's "difficulty" and overall fun-factor with how many times you have to repeat existing content to move on. I dunno, I've always seen such filler repeat content as a cop out, not a value add. I mean, I've enjoyed the relic quests because they're so insanely difficult, and force you to master them (it's incredibly satisfying to spank Ifrit HM and Garuda HM, at least for me -- still working on Titan), but the tomestone requirements just insult to the intelligence of the player community at large.

Other rages:

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_Aureus View Post
    Getting the best gear in the game takes time and effort?! OH NO!

ಠ_ಠ
    5 months of straight AK runs for a single gearset exceeds "effort". At that point it ceases to become a game, and turns into just.. work. There's not even a skill or progression component at that point, its just repetition for the sake of repetition. Is SE really so scared people will QQ if they max out a single job in less than half a year of daily play?

Quote Originally Posted by Feyniphia View Post
    Stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangerousDangerous View Post
    Stuff.

Blah, blah, blah. I can see neither of you grasp the armory system (i.e. the idea that you can play multiple classes in the game), nor the fact that they've effectively made the gears unattainable before they are made obsolete by the next major content release (which is sure to come before, say, 3 years from now (which is the earliest a new Lv50 player could possibly exhaust the AF+1 content as it currently exists, so throw in a few more months if you're considering players just starting)).

I can also see you have no comprehension or aspirations for the game beyond gear attainment, which is sad. I'm offended by accusations that I would want to sell my account, especially. For my own purposes I want to be done with the chores of gear attainment until the next content release comes out, and simply enjoy running dungeons and raids for the fun of it. As of right now, the gear push is draining enjoyment fast.

It's a shame that SE has to build in a constant stick-and-carrot to keep people like you happy.
    (166)
    Last edited by GilbertLapine; 09-15-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Welcome to the MMO genre. Enjoy your stay!
    (47)

Player
    Character
    Malcolm Quill
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KiriA500 View Post
    Welcome to the MMO genre. Enjoy your stay!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySwordz View Post
    Welcome to an MMO that is not WoW. If you want to get geared quick and easily, you should go back there
    Never played WoW, sorry. Just because that game was apparently over-easy doesn't mean XIV needs to knee jerk in the opposite direction, though.

On a side note, while I didnt play WoW I do despise what it did to one of my favorite childhood RTS franchises. WCIII was so good... and then WoW destroyed it and made 'Azeroth' a byword of disgruntled nerdom. At least SC is still rockin'.
    (20)
    Last edited by GilbertLapine; 09-15-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sol Rynn
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Getting the best gear in the game takes time and effort?! OH NO!

ಠ_ಠ
    (77)

Player
    Character
    Sophie Kiri
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    It's only fair to make it this long. You are playing a MMO, don't expect to have everything handed in a month. Welcome to the MMO world!
    (27)

Player
    Character
    Florence Leduc
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    no this time is a bit over the top... the number are way too big, i can understand that they don't want we get this gear too fast... but in this case is way too long. either they reduce the number recquire or they increase the number we can get per week.

but the farm there is waay to long.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Thunderz Canadia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    your complaining about grinding in a MMO?

friend I think your in the wrong business if you wanted it all right now
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Crunchy Dark
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 75
    Yep here come the easy mode players with their endgame complaints.

Leveling up was too easy, these people should be leaving because the game requires a bit of effort just to level up...but Yoshi wanted a wow like experience so here they are at endgame.

Why are these people so intent on racing to disappointment? Why do you need to have it all in under a month? Don't you want something in game that takes time, effort, and feels like an actual accomplishment when you get it?

Or are you just racing to clear endgame so you can just sell your account?
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Eldaena Vonxandria
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    I'm not certain, but I am hoping with 2.1's release, Crystal Tower and possibly other dungeons will eventually come out and offer mythology tokens. What we need at that point is for them to remove the limiting factor of only being able to obtain 300 a week.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Quesarito Burrito
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    So you farm for 5 months and get that gear... you run Raids in the meantime and get Ilevel 90 gear thats better than AK farm gear.

My beef is that this game has nothing else to do once you get that gear. other than do it again for anther role which will take months again. But the content is the same.
    (6)

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast