Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Pandorahh Persephone
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 15

Noob, Lost, Cannot find my way around the map to the point of AHHHHHHH!!!!

I am super frustrated. I am a noob to the game..

I am playing solo (not keeping to myself just came here alone and don't know anyone yet) and cannot figure out the mapping system.

I figured out how to use the blue things but they do not always seem to be labeled on the map and I am desperately trying to get to an area to turn in a mission and move on and after (i hate to admit this but) over 2 hours yesterday I am hopelessly lost.

I am somewhere on some steps... I am get to all the levels and outside but I cannot find the Drowning Wench... I ended up going to another area but the guy there asked for Orange Juice and no vendor that I could find sells it so I just finally logged off.

Once you stop laughing at how much of a moron I am for not being able to find my way out of a paper bag could someone please give me some tips or something because I am stuck.

Thank you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sheer Slayne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    If you are where I think you are, you got to Vesper Bay.

Assuming you have not set your return point to a different location (i.e. you haven't gone to a giant crystal and chose it to be "Set as home point"), click the spell "return" on your menu - its icon should be a house. That'll take you back to the giant crystal in Limsa Lominsa's Lower Decks. From there, simply go up a staircase and you'll be in Limsa Lominsa's Upper Decks, where the Drowning Wrench is located.

Edit: For a visual guide on the map, I outlined exactly where you have to go upon using return to Limsa Lominsa's Lower Decks - when you arrive on the Upper Decks, you'll be in the red circle (you should be at the Drowning Wrench):

Lower Decks:

Upper Decks:
    (4)
    Last edited by Sheer; 09-14-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Player
    Character
    Joozy Rooz
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I think he gave you most of the specifics, but make sure you check out the interactive parts of the map. When you check the quest journal it might show you a destination you are unfamiliar with... you can click the highlightable name by it to zoom in close to that particular area... so you can plan your route to it... I made a video about it... hope it helps http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...he-crappy-maps
    (3)
    www.youtube.com/EpicResetGaming
    www.twitch.tv/EpicResetGaming

Player
    Character
    Pandorahh Persephone
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 15
    Thank you both so very much. It was sweet of you to take time to help me.
    The maps are awesome, Sheer.
    I am going over to check your video now, Jonathan12uiz.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aegis Corona
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 88
    Haha that orange juice detail gave away your position. It's the one quest you hear a lot about early in game. ^_^ Did you find your way?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Joozy Rooz
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandorahh View Post
    Thank you both so very much. It was sweet of you to take time to help me.
    The maps are awesome, Sheer.
    I am going over to check your video now, Jonathan12uiz.
    hope it helps ya.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pandorahh Persephone
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 15
    Quote Originally Posted by Leowilde View Post
    Did you find your way?
    No, sadly I switched to another toon.

I had switched my home location and early in the game on the toon that is lost I didn't know that I was supposed to click on the blue things. There was the one mission to click on one but I wrongly thought that when I clicked on one it would change my location, kind of like a hearthstone in wow. I knew I would have to go back to my starting place and know I get lost so I never clicked on anything... Then at one point I was talking with someone who had just realized that it was a travelling system and I was like... "OMG..." and all this time I had been just walking everywhere and wondering how people were ok with these really long treks all over the place for fetch quests.

tldr I didnt know click on any of the blue things while leveling because I didn't realize they were linked like a bus route.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhapsody Starfire
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Just a head's up. Orange Juice can be bought In Gridania at the Cullinary merchant for 5 gil. That or you can likely buy it from the market for however much the player crafters are overcharging for it =)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Joozy Rooz
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandorahh View Post
    tldr I didnt know click on any of the blue things while leveling because I didn't realize they were linked like a bus route.
    make sure to talk to all the chocobo porters in every "town" they link together and you can taxi a chocobo WAY CHEAPER than teleporting.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pandorahh Persephone
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 15
    OMG you guys are awesome!

Thank you for the tips on the OJ and chocobo!
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast