Thread: Nerf hydra!

Player
    Character
    Madoka Kaname
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    all the players i get grouped up with are good we know what to do the problem lies with the camera angles and the vast amount of shit going at the same time, 4 random ground aoes several people moves away, wyvern casts bravery because people had to take a fucking detour not get caught in the ground aoe's and hydra's fear aoe can be pretty devasting when all these things comes together.

we know what to do, we know what to avoid but it gets too much, it's so easy to lose focus when you are in a tight area with a boss that deals aoe damage
    (0)
    Add "Madoka Kaname" on the balmung server if you want someone to play and talk with! ^_^

Player
    Character
    Teya Frost
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Hydra isn't difficult and is a check on situational awareness, which you need for HM Garuda and Titan.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lenne Sari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Man. Reading through your posts, you are a big cry baby casual aren't you? You want more reward and less hard dungeons, in content that is still under development. Go do another class/job. Stop crying about the end game that is not even completed yet. Troll casual.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Half Pint
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    shift+f

You're welcome
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Altani Dotharl
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Masura View Post
    all the players i get grouped up with are good we know what to do
    then relay this 5 second strategy description to them, just to make sure

DO NOT STAND IN THE MIDDLE, cannot put enough emphasis on that one
    dont stand in shit!
    burn the shit out of the wyvern, dps it very quickly! OT pick it up, if your dps doesnt suck your MT wont get gibbed by triumvirate. if the wyvern is up during fear itself, take it with you into fear itself anyway!
    don't suck!

GG hydra dead

also according to IGN it's possible to avoid triumvirate and 1 tank hydra by running around in a circle

but ign also said FFXIII was a great game rated 9/10, so i'd take that with a grain of salt
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fayt Maelstrom
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Is this really a serious post? Hydra is the easiest boss of the entire relic weapon chain....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Johra Burgers
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Ppl need to stop suggestion that things in this game need to be nerfed to make the easy. If you want an easy mmo go play WoW. This game is for players that require a challenge to be satisfied. If all you want to do is spam spells, not have to dodge aoe, and not pay attention to a fight than there are many games out there that offer this kind of unchanging, unrewarding game play.

Lots of the fights in the game were very hard the first time I fought them. Then you learn how the battle goes, and it is much easier to pay attention to what is going on as you know what to expect. With practice you will begin to be able to anticipate what is going to happen in the fight and all of a sudden it will feel much easier.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hidden Dragon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Marveth View Post
    They already nerfed PvE too much. If you can finish every solo challenge on the first try then something is wrong. There is no sens of achievement, it turns into a mindless grind if you dont have to think. The difficulty was way better in beta 3.
    lol... what difficulty? the quests required more effort but the dungeons (looking at you brayflox) were easier than they are now

edit: i should add that i don't think hydra is really difficult at all, yet for some reason people never pay attention to when they hydra goes to the middle
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sora Ex
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I'm a low level and I haven't had the chance to fight it yet, but I would actually prefer it if they kept/keep it difficult. So far my friends and I haven't had any trouble with the only wipes occurring when bombs explode on us. I vote to keep this boss difficult and make higher level dungeons hard that way it can be a challenge and is more rewarding.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pretty Lights
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Hahahahaha

You should be a comedian, OP. You'd be rich.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast