Player
    Character
    Alex Kidd
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90

Mob Adjustments Please - The game is too easy

Can you buff mobs please. If I am an R30 and fight an R30 Mob that should be pretty much and even match that could go either way, this is not the case though and an R30 mob is currently way to easy at the same rank.

If a Mob is 10 Ranks above you it should be impossible to kill solo. Doing this might actually give us some variety in Mobs to kill as everything is just too easy right now.

To be honest I am fed up of catering to solo play in FFXIV, I loved the party aspect of FFXI and the social aspect that went along with it. My understanding was the point of MMO's is to play with other people.

If they want to cater to solo players then why not utilise the "companion" everyone has, much like the fellow feature in FFXI. If you play solo you could call your companion to fight by your side so at least you could duo then.

*Edit*

If you do this and buff the mobs up would you also look into SP/EXP gains and balance those out as well. So an even match would give x amount of SP and an IT++ (10 ranks+) would give a decent amount at that rank.

For example an R40 party of 8 killing R50+ Grass Raptors would get 500SP a kill, while a R30 Party killing R40+ Efts would get 350SP something like that maybe. I don't know just make it so it's worthwhile to group up and party is the point.

On top of that look into mob distribution and ensure that we have clusters of mobs all around the same rank in area's. They don't all have to be the same mob in fact different ones would make it more interesting just make sure that if I go to this x area all mobs are R30-35 if I go somewhere else they are R40-45 and so on. Just make sure that the mob density or respawn times are fast enough to sustain a party to rank up without having to wait for mobs to respawn or run all over the place to find them creating unnecessary downtime and slowing SP/EXP down which will defeat the purpose of doing all this in the first place.

If you can do this then hell we might be able to bring back good old fashioned grind parties that are worthwhile and actually get people joining up and playing together outside of Leve's, now wouldn't that be nice ^^

[SIZE="5"]Don't forget the "Like" button if you like the idea, lets try and get the mod's attention on this[/SIZE]
    (25)
    Last edited by AlexiaKidd; 05-06-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ajax Sol
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I think what people are looking for, is longer more engaging battles that lead to better rewards.

What I mean:

Currently we fight incredible weak monsters, pound them into the dirt, and move on quickly to maximize what we can get. Raptor party for example, you run around obliterating raptors by the dozen getting roughly 300-400 SP per kill depending on level.

Now imagine, if those fights lasted say 2-3 times as long, and rewarded 2-3 times as much SP/EXP. This means the single battle itself is much more meaningful.

All S-E would have to do is adjust SP values and health values, everything else could essentially stay the same.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    I agree in a way. If they adjust monsters at even rank to be an actual even challenge, as in the monster can actually take more than half your hp before you kill it, then they should also adjust the SP gains of monsters, greatly-wise. Like monsters 10 ranks above you need a group to kill (most do already anyways (mongrels)) then they should offer much higher reward than they already do.

But what I think they really need to do is just remove the +10 rank cap on sp from monsters. Give players a reason to fight them at higher ranks. Not many even bother with those difficult challenges because they would give only satisfaction, and no physical reward.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kipp Kaida
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaran View Post
    I think what people are looking for, is longer more engaging battles that lead to better rewards.

What I mean:

Currently we fight incredible weak monsters, pound them into the dirt, and move on quickly to maximize what we can get. Raptor party for example, you run around obliterating raptors by the dozen getting roughly 300-400 SP per kill depending on level.

Now imagine, if those fights lasted say 2-3 times as long, and rewarded 2-3 times as much SP/EXP. This means the single battle itself is much more meaningful.

All S-E would have to do is adjust SP values and health values, everything else could essentially stay the same.
    Longer battles is a plus in any way.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Au Rore
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I whole heartedly agree, more HP and longer battles.

One of the things I loved about FFXI were NM's, and ZNM's, BCNM's etc... where an enemy took a long time to kill. Of course I'm not asking each basic enemy to take 15-20 minutes, but certainly a subtle increase in HP and defense would allow for a more enjoyable time when you invest more into a single enemy and take defeat it's a greater feeling. Not to mention debuffs will be worth the time.
    (4)

Character
    Shiyo Kozuki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by RedAffinity View Post
    I whole heartedly agree, more HP and longer battles.

One of the things I loved about FFXI were NM's, and ZNM's, BCNM's etc... where an enemy took a long time to kill. Of course I'm not asking each basic enemy to take 15-20 minutes, but certainly a subtle increase in HP and defense would allow for a more enjoyable time when you invest more into a single enemy and take defeat it's a greater feeling. Not to mention debuffs will be worth the time.
    I agree, I miss normal mobs taking 2-4 mins to kill.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Eldaena Vonxandria
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Wow, a thread where everyone agrees. Amazing! ^-^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kipp Kaida
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    I agree, I miss normal mobs taking 2-4 mins to kill.
    Sadly, I still think that 8 members is too much in a party. When you have 8 people attacking one mob, especially with the increased battle effects, it gets outrageous. You can't see a single think. Hopefully with the battle changes, combat won't be so wack and boring
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Darkstar Poet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    8 is not too much, but the mobs we have are jokes to fight.
    (0)

http://crystalknights.guildwork.com/

Player
    Character
    Kipp Kaida
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstarpoet1 View Post
    8 is not too much, but the mobs we have are jokes to fight.
    How many party member could you have in XI?
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast