Player
    Character
    Rose Wilde
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70

Alternate fleece locations?

Does anyone know of another location for fleece besides the Ornery Karakuls south of Dragonhead?

It's aggravating to try and collect any there when there's campers who have mobs tagged the instant they spawn (and nuke them too fast for me to get any real damage in), and it's too expensive on the market to buy enough for my last 8 levels of weaver...

Flax is not really viable... but I guess at least it levels BTN.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Nom Brynn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Your point is well taken. Not only is it difficult to farm them at all, but the drop rate of HQ Fleece is nil. I hope SE is looking at adjusting these as game moves forward.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Rose Wilde
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Yeah, the utter lack of HQ fleece is another issue - it's very hard to get HQ products without half or more of the mats being HQ to begin with, and since fleece is expensive I can't just mass-produce and take the HQ I get out of a 10-20% rate like I can with linen thread.

As it stands, the only ingredient in felt that I can reasonably get HQ is the natron.

Ultimately, the issue is the utter lack of supply. I don't know how it is for leatherworkers, but except for them, all the other crafting professions have most of their materials harvestable, while weavers are stuck with two tiers where the fundamental material can't be harvested anywhere, and is in dreadfully short supply.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    I'm in better shape than most. I levequest leveled Weaver in 1.00 and fleece as well as the yarns and cloth were rewards so I have 200+ of all of them and I button mashed the level 40 Weaver quest until it produced the HQ tights.

The 45 wants a Beret, Gown and some other item. I can already assume it will be the same hit list for the 50 but felt and even with my stocks I don't expect to get the HQ pieces for those quests. I truly pity anyone not on a legacy server.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    The levequests continue to reward fleece in 2.0. I did this last night to finish capping my weaver. I also farmed some 80+ fleece and a few HQ in about an hour despite the stiff competition in coerthas (aero ftw). Never the less, last I checked, felt is currently better than break even, even if you buy the mats on the auction house. On top of that, we are on the same servers. So, either you need to recheck your monitor or you just complaining for the sake of of it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    The levequests continue to reward fleece in 2.0. I did this last night to finish capping my weaver. I also farmed some 80+ fleece and a few HQ in about an hour despite the stiff competition in coerthas (aero ftw). Never the less, last I checked, felt is currently better than break even, even if you buy the mats on the auction house. On top of that, we are on the same servers. So, either you need to recheck your monitor or you just complaining for the sake of of it.
    It isn't so much about leveling. The 40 and 45 class quests want HQ items. I had to make 20 pair of Woolen tights to get the HQ pair the class quest asked for. That's 40 yarn, 20 cloth or 60 fleece to make. Triple that for the 45, add in feathers, hides and Ingots. Yes I can do it. I will be forced to gouge my fellow players on the market board to accomplish it though. I don't want to do that.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sage Blackheart
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    I have more twinthread then I have fleece. There is some thing very wrong with this.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    I mentioned earlier that there was a lvl45 leve in mor dhona that gives fleece, but it has a negative return. Making 3 woolen deerstalkers costs you 18 fleece worth of material and you only get 16 back, so nevermind that. it is good for the gil, but bad for the materials.

The other one there is making a felt robe, which is slightly better and gives a return, but needs felt now.
    (2)
    Last edited by Reika; 09-24-2013 at 08:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Koi Shangri'la
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    With only have 7 spawn points for a chance at that HQ fleece, it's really mind numbing to fight with other players that also need this for weaving. Leves are okay, but they can make you barely break even. I want HQ fleece, but don't want to have to constantly fight 3 others for spawns. We need a sheep level. Make it so, devs!
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Koi Shangri'la
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

4 spawns, 6 campers. We need more sheep.
    (9)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast