Player
    Character
    Alex Carver
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60

Poetics and Uncapped Artificial Tome 2k Cap Removal

Please finally remove it and make it unlimited like ventures/mgp/etc or at least make it stupidly larger. Thanks.
    (20)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I don't see a problem with removing or at least raising the Poetics cap. The sheer amount of things it's used for, and none of it is endgame content stuff, makes 2000 very restrictive.
    It could at least be raised to 5000 or so.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Cordelia Emery
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 82
    I wish there was a poetic tomestone converter system where you can exchange a certain amount of them for either casuality or comedy.

Im getting tired having to run to Idyllshire and using them for Grade 3 Thanalan soil to sell at the Marketboard and Ive already bought everything valuable you can out of them
    (4)

Character
    Gaius Drakon
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KitingGenbu View Post
    Please finally remove it and make it unlimited like ventures/mgp/etc or at least make it stupidly larger. Thanks.
    No. What they're doing right now is perfect.

I have a simple question. How many years of game dev do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Atelier-Bagur View Post
    Im getting tired having to run to Idyllshire and using them for Grade 3 Thanalan soil to sell at the Marketboard and Ive already bought everything valuable you can out of them
    That sounds like a you problem. You are hitting the poetics cap because you're rushing through the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post
    I don't see a problem with removing or at least raising the Poetics cap. The sheer amount of things it's used for, and none of it is endgame content stuff, makes 2000 very restrictive.
    Evidence? Proof? I for one don't think 2000 is restrictive at all. It has always been 2000.
    (5)
    Last edited by GaiusDrakon; 06-07-2023 at 09:01 PM.

Player
    Character
    Casti Elensar
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Agreed, the more newer content we get the more older content drops these - you pretty much have to empty them out on a 1-3 day basis or suffer the error messages about being unable to obtain more. 5k cap would be a good start if they don't want to do unlimited.
    Would also be nice if they added more stuff to buy with them
    (2)
    Casti Elensar
    Gilgamesh (Aether)
    Validation <<ERROR>>

Player
    Character
    Thea Shinri
    World
    Raiden
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    DoH/DoL scrips increased from 2k to 4k I think at EW release. Nothing bad happened and it's much less restrictive, I don't see why we couldn't do it for tomes. You can already cap it and buy relic 5 minutes after patch goes live anyway.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cordelia Emery
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by GaiusDrakon View Post
    That sounds like a you problem. You are hitting the poetics cap because you're rushing through the game.
    Its not because of a rush. Anybody who does their daily roulettes will easily reach the poetic cap frequently because of how much you get from them and if you've already bought everything substantial from vendors, its kinda of a dump currency.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kagura Vega
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    It could do with an increase of 4K to put it in line with crafters' and gatherers' scrip.

Otherwise, IMO it's fairly fine as it is. Unless you spend a full 180minute cycle in Eureka and/or Bozja then there are few reasons as to why you cannot simply spend these before entering a duty that you'd otherwise cap in. I can understand with DoH/L just because of the rate in which you're farming the scrips is so much higher than with tomestones.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post
    With all jobs at 90 I have very little use for poetics. My wish is that I could choose what my alternate currency is (Because I would choose the rank 2 tomes (Causality right now) over the rank 3 poetics every time)
    (0)
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptus View Post
    With all jobs at 90 I have very little use for poetics. My wish is that I could choose what my alternate currency is (Because I would choose the rank 2 tomes (Causality right now) over the rank 3 poetics every time)
    Thing is, both Causality and Comedy are essentially endgame currencies right now, Causality are used for the current Relics as well as current crafting materials or materia. This is why they rotate them out of use and everything winds up being Poetics once it's 'dead' content. I doubt they would want to mess with the 'economy' of these two tomestones.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast