Character
    Magister Reguli
    World
    Hades
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 20
    Quote Originally Posted by SchalaZeal View Post
    snip

Having the right topic title might have helped.

If I say I'm going to discuss flowers (topic title: flowers), and I only discuss one particular flower's ecosystem, well maybe someone will think the topic is still flowers generally, not just THAT flower. Endgame is more than just avoiding aoes, and more than just Titan HM, for example.
    While I do not disagree on proper formatting, many threads of more correct and exact titles had already existed with many of their own replies and opinions, possible fixes, etc; Those threads were equally ignored by SE, so as it is customary, a more provocative titles was used in hopes of grabbing attention. In terms of flowers, the mod did not just assume we were discussing one type of flower the mod saw flowers in the title and said 'So, I hear you're concerned about the environment'.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Magister Reguli
    World
    Hades
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 20

Part 2

People are upset because the mod only bothered to read the title, that is like someone reading the cover of a book and guessing at the contents, they did not even read the dust-jacket. Format aside, there are other ways to know whether a thread might warrant more than a casual glance at the title, perhaps the three quarters of one hundred pages of concerned players wishing they could enjoy the game.

Defending anyone, especially someone who holds a position of authority and supposedly represents SE, for exhibiting this kind of at best, extreme laziness, at worst severe and debilitating incompetence, can only be an exercise in charity. One cannot blame the paint for the boat sinking, the rust should have been a clue.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Jesse Branford
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    The intent of this thread was to discuss how endgame is broken because of the netcode (getting hit by AoE prior to endgame is annoying but not game breaking.) After the great additions from the community, the subject has broadened to talk about the netcode in general. This is why the title references endgame.

Thanks for unlocking the thread.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Falcon Pimpslap
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    The majority of people saying there's no problem seem to make the case "I can avoid it, therefore everyone else must be bad."

It's weird that you can be good at split-second reactions yet lack the perception to notice all the very real problems the OP is talking about.

I dodge everything. My FC is done with Turn 4. I am very good at this game. I also notice and acknowledge the massive coding lag, poorly synced spell/cleave animations, delay in other player animations, constant "you are too far away" messages on moving targets unless you're half a foot in front of the mob, etc. All of those problems exist, as well as the "instant abilities are only instant as long as you don't interrupt a precious attack animation" mechanic. Makes interrupting things really fun.

Overall, the responsiveness in this game is garbage, and if they release PvP while the game is in this mechanical state, it will be the most widely criticized and laughed at attempt at success since Diablo 3.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Ironware Ironbane
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    I killed Titan with my FC on PS3 with an alright connection. If I can do it you can do it. Sure there were times I might have got hit with weight of the land but its really your fault.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Covalent Ohm
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 31
    This absolutely ruins the game for me long term. I have no regrets buying it because it is certainly fun for a while but to really subscribe for any extended period of time I require quality. This is a problem that is almost unique to final fantasy in the mmo world so it can most definitely be fixed. But they haven't even made mention that they are trying to fix it... what? And they expect us to subscribe? It is absurd.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Soul Pierce
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by RazzleDazzle View Post
    I killed Titan with my FC on PS3 with an alright connection. If I can do it you can do it. Sure there were times I might have got hit with weight of the land but its really your fault.
    No one cares if you can do it, or I can do it, or everyone else can do it. As long as you are getting frustrated instead of having fun, while doing it, the game is a failure.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by RazzleDazzle View Post
    And a married man can yank his own chain... but he really shouldn't have to
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Karabree Worm
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I cancelled my original 3 month sub. I cannot get past Titan HM, I don't suck, I've never *failed* in any online game I've played.

I have spent over 2 weeks now attempting to get by this practicing with DF then looking for groups in RT.

The Relic quest is not really given as optional, your pretty much led to it. Then the wall that is Titan HM hits.

I cannot gear myself any better, I go in with over 3600 hp as Whm. Yes I know Titan has a set rotation etc etc. I have a strong wired interenet connection, and a PC more than capable of handling this game.

As the original poster said, 20% of the time, wieght to the face.

Kudo's to those players that have past this mark and are moving forward through coils, in no way do I disrespect the exceptional skill and effort you've put in to get there.

Peace out.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Eiz Zvahk
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Animation View Post
    I didn't really have an issue with Titan. I also did it while my phone was tethered to my PC (So using mobile phone internet) <- 3s delay and I still done it fine.
    You're clearly standing in the one spot for too long, you need to learn positioning. :/
    This has absolutely nothing to do with right or wrong positioning. That you do not have this problem is good and I celebrate, but that does not mean that others do not have it. If you have not experienced this problem we speak different languages.
    Listen, there is no reason for anyone to have to justify outside the game before strangers has eaten an AoE, when or why, if not because something is not working.

Again, Weight of the Land animation lasts approx. 2,6 seconds. For some people (don't know the reason... GPU lag, PING/latency or server issues) It lasts no more than 1 second and half. Animation is either displayed in fast motion, not fully displayed, or displayed normally but one second later, so that the player is 5 step outside the area and still gets hit.

That you can dodge a skill that lasts for 2.6 seconds when you suffer a delay of 3 seconds does not make any sense and certainly is not an argument that can prove precisely that you are able to do well. If WotL never killed you, for sure there must be other reasons...
    (12)
    Last edited by Eiz; 10-05-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Page 77 of 184 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 ... LastLast