Player
    Character
    Silver Darkmoon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeled View Post
    First, this is a unique sort of proof that might show them there really is an issue. You should provide some timestamped screenshots, since SE might not watch a video.
    You're right but I can't spend any more time on this and I don't believe anything can change the minds of those who are convinced it's the players fault. Not that they matter, the devs already know it's a problem but whether they can fix it is another matter. I suspect it is just too hard at this point.

The other person testing this with me is in the same room and I can see their screen. It's amazing to watch how much lag there is between our two screens! I haven't seen any sign of server prediction in this game

The last few days I've been trying to find any way to minimize the lag and make the game more playable, the results are in my earlier post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwalk View Post
    I tested WTFast, Battleping and Lowerping. They do help a bit and every bit helps. I don't live in North America or Japan and I have the best ISP in my country so that's my only option to improve ping.

Another thing that helps is stopping at the edge of the AOE, don't keep running. I tested this with fraps and if you keep running you can still get hit by the damage. If you stop at the edge of the AOE you don't get hit, with the cast bar at the same place. I assuming that this is because stopping sends a position update to the server. Using an ability also helps but stopping is enough. You can stand right at the edge of the AoE and not take damage, for everything that I could test.

I also noticed there was a short delay recorded by fraps between the cast bar starting and the AoE ground effect appearing. Lowering the graphics settings reduces this delay (!). I am using a Radeon 7870 graphics card and I lowered it from High (Desktop) to Standard (Desktop) with Depth of Field off in both cases. Every bit helps.

Hopefully these things might help in the event that the developers do not fix it. Personally I hope they don't nerf the encounters. All I want is that the server recognizes that I avoided the AoE on my computer, nothing more and nothing less.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Soul Pierce
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    The other person testing this with me is in the same room and I can see their screen. It's amazing to watch how much lag there is between our two screens! I haven't seen any sign of server prediction in this game
    That would be interesting to see, can anyone make a video of 2 screens side by side?
    (2)
    Last edited by complexxL9; 09-24-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    Something does not feel right with your game: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/86836-The-Navel-(Hard)-plume-animation-damage-impact-out-of-sync http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/71728-The-problem-with-Instant-OFF-GCD-abilities-makes-combat-feel-less-rewarding http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/91388-Silence-not-taking-effect-even-though-it-is-used-before-enemy-finishes-the-casting http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/86887-Unable-to-activate-skills-even-though-UI-displays-them-as-available-for-use

3. 09-24-2013 04:19 PM

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by complexxL9 View Post
    That would be inderesting to see, can anyone make a video of 2 screens side by side?
    When I watch my boyfriend do Titan (hard) as a tank, I have a front row seat to how well his party is dodging plumes/landslide. I nearly have a heart attack every time because it looks like they aren't going to get out of it (or barely made it out). Sometimes the ability goes off before they're even out of the radius... Yet most of the time, they are safe. The delay between screens is pretty scary. We play on the same ISP and in the same room, so maybe I should put our computers next to each other and record one fight... or I could record both fights and line them up exactly using a sound effect marker in the video.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Silver Darkmoon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by complexxL9 View Post
    That would be inderesting to see, can anyone make a video of 2 screens side by side?
    Here's a simple way to see it yourself. Get someone to autofollow you (they target you, right click and select follow).

Now start running, after about five seconds stop. Now time how long it takes for the character on follow to catch up and stop.

Now you know how far behind the other screen is, it's half that time

On the other persons screen they are always right behind your character.
    (5)
    Last edited by Silverwalk; 09-24-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Princess Bubblegum
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 57
    ...and here I was thinking that I'm an absolute noob because I can't seem to avoid AOE during boss fights half of the time. I'm telling you... I AM CLEAR of it before the spell goes off, but it hits me. I've never had this problem before with other games... I'm not slow. I just have to keep asking myself what I'm doing wrong, but here's my answer. Thank you.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80

Yup this was seen in 1.0 as well, so much for those new awesome servers SE !
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cady Dady
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetriana View Post
    ...and here I was thinking that I'm an absolute noob because I can't seem to avoid AOE during boss fights half of the time. I'm telling you... I AM CLEAR of it before the spell goes off, but it hits me. I've never had this problem before with other games... I'm not slow. I just have to keep asking myself what I'm doing wrong, but here's my answer. Thank you.
    This also happand to me moust of the time and not only at Titan...after countles tries there to suced it with my Dragon i quit trieng its a waste of time!
    I started now a WHM to fill the time hoping they will fix this...
    ...Cant pay to continue my subsciption if they dont fix this!This is not chalanging but its more like a luck based combat praying that u will not get hit moust of the time and not focusing on the actual fight.
    Also this situation is for all fights where u get hit even if u are out of the way...
    I realy hope they fix this like yesterday!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Velvet Silvermoon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 42
    Head still in the sand is it?
    (1)
    Fix the unacceptable delay when dodging AOEs. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/84124-Either-make-dodging-AoEs-possible-or-make-them-not-instant-kills
    Fix it! http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/89828-Sorry-SE-but-endgame-won-t-work-if-you-don-t-fix-something.

Player
    Character
    Jesse Branford
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    There is no problem with the netcode in this game!
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Nell Aveira
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by reality_check View Post
    There is no problem with the netcode in this game!
    Seems to be the case still. Kind of pathetic.
    (1)

Page 51 of 185 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast