Player
    Character
    Ruprect Castiect
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Animation View Post
    I didn't really have an issue with Titan. I also did it while my phone was tethered to my PC (So using mobile phone internet) <- 3s delay and I still done it fine.
    You're clearly standing in the one spot for too long, you need to learn positioning. :/
    You must be talking about SM titan which is a faceroll. There is no way you did HM titan with a 3.5 second delay.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Virus Jones
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Area Attacks and Latency Issues

Producer and director Yoshi-P here.
    Thank you for all of your feedback on latency issues and the evasion of enemy attacks. As we continue working to address these issues in time for phase 4 and release, I'd like to inform you all of the current situation.This post will focus on area attacks that are difficult to evade, or still connect even if you appear to have avoided it.

Damage taken when Ifrit uses Eruption.

When Ifrit used eruption in phase 3, the animation had a momentary build-up before the explosion. Because of this momentary buildup, there was a slight delay between the server's check and the explosion. This has already been corrected for phase 4 and release.

Damage taken for what looked like a near miss.

1. Registering Player Damage

In phase 3, when judging whether a character was standing in an attack's area of impact, your position was checked using a circle around your character to represent the space your character stands in.

Furthermore, to keep the different races balanced, the radius of this circle was the same for all characters. Because of this, even if you appeared to have barely escaped the area of effect, a portion of the circle was still within range. This created the illusion that you barely evaded attack, with varying results depending on your race.
    For phase 4 and release, this circle has been reduced to a single point at the center of where your character is standing to more accurately determine your position.

2. Enemy Progress Bars and Area of Impact

Being an online game, there will always be a minimal delay when input is received from the player and sent back after being processed by the server.
    In FFXIV: ARR, your position is checked by the server once every 0.3 seconds. This timing is synced and processed according to the servers to prevent lag between your input and what you see.

During phase 3, however, this syncing did not take place due to stringent server checks that took place, causing lag between what you saw on the enemy progress bar and your character's positioning. As a result, even if you appeared to be outside the area of impact when the progress bar was filled, damage was still taken.

Adjustments are being made to reduce lag as much as possible, and syncing should improve the timing between enemy cast bars, area of effect markers, and the actual attacks.

Rest assured that we're doing what we can to make sure players can safely evade attacks by watching enemy cast bars and markers for area attacks.

Players overseas were also affected by having to access the Japan data center in Version 1.0, as this further delayed the relay of data from the server. With the establishment of a regional data center and the above measures being taken to improve syncing with the servers, we will continue working to ensure an enjoyable gaming experience for all of our players.
    (Even with a great connection, I think there's still maybe a 0.1 second margin of error with the cast bar, so make sure to get out of the way when playing with your party. )
    July 29 2013
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Kanzer Vardel
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by v_jones View Post
    July 29 2013

That's old news, and has already been addressed. The people still complaining about it now are for the large part just people who may not have the best reaction time, or may not have the best internet.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Momo Snugglebites
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 81
    On most of the servers I have a ping of about 150ms so I think that the position check needs to be upped to .15 seconds instead. Yea, it will create stress but 300ms for a position check is a long time...
    (9)
    http://poeticjustice.guildwork.com

Player
    Character
    Virus Jones
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanzer View Post
    That's old news, and has already been addressed. The people still complaining about it now are for the large part just people who may not have the best reaction time, or may not have the best internet.
    I know. There seemed to be a sentiment shared with the first few posts that implied the issue was being ignored. I thought it might be helpful to provide that information for those who were not in the know.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ruprect Castiect
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanzer View Post
    I have 50ms latency and I have to time it perfectly to not get hit by stuff on the ground. And when I do get hit for some reason it does not show that I have been hit for about a second after the cast bar dissappears. Mr all pro video game player please teach me how to avoid a 400ms latency. I guess I have to avoid latency harder. There was something similar than this in SWTOR and it was fixed about a month after release. This is a problem it's just fanboi's cant see it. I have been raiding in MMO's for years and have never had a problem avoiding red stuff until this game. There are numerous threads about this, it is not just a select few having an issue with this.
    (50)
    Last edited by Ruprect; 09-14-2013 at 01:17 AM.

Player
    Character
    Yaoi Fanfic
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    The issue is less severe than before, but not completely addressed. SE is still working on fixing the problem and has it put (along with other similar issues) in the accepted bugs forum.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Ooga Looga
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 31
    This seems to be the problem for a lot caster and from what I've heard from a lot of players, the server messes around with your positioning when you're casting. If weight of the lands is casted under you while you're casting all you have to do is move out of it and try to cast something whilst out of the circle, the cast doesn't have to be successful, you just have to cast something so the server "supposedly" re-register your new positioning.

Personally, as a bard I've never had a problem dodging weights, I've even dodged it by standing at border and even in-between 3 weights.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Lunar Emerald
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Titan always attacks in a pattern. You can have someone call out when he's about to use weight and start moving beforehand. This ensures a 90% dodge rate. 10% being you can still get screwed over by bad timing or too many weights on top of each other.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Holy Emmerololth
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarEmerald View Post
    Titan always attacks in a pattern. You can have someone call out when he's about to use weight and start moving beforehand. This ensures a 90% dodge rate. 10% being you can still get screwed over by bad timing or too many weights on top of each other.
    I disagree. I know the pattern; I've clearly been out of range and have still been hit. It seems to be about 50-50. The fact that your success or failure in this battle is based upon latency issues with a server is a huge problem. That's not skill-based for people, it's a matter of luck.
    (32)

Page 2 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast