Player
    Character
    Firo Losstarot
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by RaidenTaichou View Post
    Seems like there is just a lot of bad players with bad hand/eye coordination.....its ok...give it 3 months and they will gimp all the difficulty when new content comes out since that Ilvl wont mean crap anymore.
    Indeed there are a lot of bad players and people who wants and easy game, yet those matters are not the issue we are trying to discuss or achieve, please if got any clue to an actual solution to this deal we are willing to give you our time and solve it once and for all, yet you doesn't seem to show any proof to put any thinking much less a single research of the problem we are actually trying to fix as you currently do not experience any of it.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Vickyle Eyn
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydin View Post
    First:
    Try playing 2 characters side by side and you'll see that people see you a full second behind how you see yourself. Its not the internet.... Its the PROGRAMMING (or lack thereof).
    Noticed this part too. In my screen, I was running ahead of all my party members, yet the video recorded by one of the party members showed that I was the last (running at the back).
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Moth Volka
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I just beat HM Titan today and turning off the flashy Battle Effects under the character configuration screen helps a lot. It lets you actually see what is going on and helps you dodge things easier.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rythless Bliss
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    People trying real hard to convince themselves that something that isn't broken, is. Keep making excuses as to why you can't beat Titan. Everyone who isn't garbage will either own up to their net not being stable, improve their play, or just get their relics done.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kimimi Avesta
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rythless View Post
    People trying real hard to convince themselves that something that isn't broken, is. Keep making excuses as to why you can't beat Titan. Everyone who isn't garbage will either own up to their net not being stable, improve their play, or just get their relics done.
    Hey, look what's in the "accepted bugs" forum - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...s-everybody%29

AOE display delay isn't simply user error, says FFXIV dev team.
    (19)

~Note to self: Stop logging out in silly hats~

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    No one wants the game to be 'easier' -- or at least no one in this thread wants that to be true. We just want the mapping of abilities on the ground to be true-to-sight. I wish I still had other active MMO accounts to take videos and 'compare' what I am talking about. I personally like the difficulty of the three hardmode primals. Ifrit is all about positioning and stuns. Garuda is all about positioning and LoS. Titan is all about avoidance and dishing out as much as you can during the heart phase while STILL moving. The three fights complement each other, even if Ifrit and Garuda still seem 'easier'. Once you get the mechanics down for those, you can move before the things you need to avoid even pop up. Even if you're absolutely horrible at spatial relations, you can eat one dash and be fine. Garuda's jumps have a predictable pattern. Titan, however, is all reaction... his bombs and other abilities are predictable to an extent, but a lot of it is just moving. I like that it forces you to be good at that. I like that the knock-off from landslide and the constant AoEs post-heart makes it a very unforgiving fight... but I really wish the stupid AoEs on the ground would be true to what you see.

I originally thought it was my ISP. My ISP is bad, but I have been able to play every single other MMO (as well as fast-paced pvp) without issue... But then I saw people I knew could get out of things not getting out of them. As a player that knows the mechanics and knows how to get out of things IMMEDIATELY, it's very frustrating to STILL get hit. I can't explain it to you. If I'm being bad, I know I'm being bad. If I get hit by a dash in Ifrit, I know I'm making a mistake. I deserved it. But if I run as soon as I see Titan's abilities and still get hit? It's frustrating. Now I'm not sure if it is the programming or simply the congestion of the Duty Finder. Sometimes, not a single person in our experienced group has an issue getting out of AoEs. At other times (usually during primetime), everyone has an issue. So perhaps the people who are experiencing this more than others are the people playing during the more congested moments of the night. There needs to be more Duty Finder servers if this congestion is consistent.
    (15)
    Last edited by Ryuko; 09-15-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aldyiss Umbra
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I'm curious as to why people are white knighting this Known/Documented problem? No one here has said Titan should be made easier, people would just love it if SE would bring their server structure and coding up high standards. If people stop asking them to fix what is clearly broken/problematic they can just get away with anything, cause apparently bugs and poor design decisions are something you have to learn to work around instead of calling for improvements.

I'm happy for people who don't have this problem/haven't ran into it. Good for you. Can SE still fix it for those of us who do? please? I hate being smashed by AoE that are half a screen away from where my client says my char is.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Unruhe Endlos
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    OP: You highlight one of the few things that actually has the potential to kill this game -- The client/server responsiveness is terrible. This isn't just a Titan thing. There are a ton of AOE attacks (some fatal, some near fatal, and some just massively inconvenient) that calculate the "hit" way before the damage is applied. It's frustrating and often infuriating to see a red circle on the ground, very clearly move out of it, and then get instagibbed by an attack that you saw and properly reacted to because this game is coded poorly.

People will leave the game over this once they get to level cap and see this happening for themselves.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruhe View Post
    OP: You highlight one of the few things that actually has the potential to kill this game -- The client/server responsiveness is terrible. This isn't just a Titan thing. There are a ton of AOE attacks (some fatal, some near fatal, and some just massively inconvenient) that calculate the "hit" way before the damage is applied. It's frustrating and often infuriating to see a red circle on the ground, very clearly move out of it, and then get instagibbed by an attack that you saw and properly reacted to because this game is coded poorly.

People will leave the game over this once they get to level cap and see this happening for themselves.
    This is true. I remember one example in AK... I was running it with a bunch of people. We were all 'experts' on every fight. During one run, I switched to WHM (a job I hadn't played since 1.0) to allow someone to get the win for their relic job. During our first attempt at Demon Wall... everyone dropped like a sack of bricks on the first purple ground rotation. We died within just that one rotation. I thought, "Wow, I must be horrible. How am I failing to keep people up when we have been doing this for hours... Something is wrong with me." Then I noticed -- every single person, tank included, was being hit by the purple. Clearly, we knew the mechanics (we had been doing it all day!). On our screen, we were avoiding them... But that one little hiccup caused us all to get hit by the purple and promptly wipe because it happened over and over. So, we came back... and did it a second time. Flawless victory. What is up with that?

Anyway, even without this little 'hiccup', you really have to plan for it. When you see the purple in the middle about to explode, you have to start moving to get in the middle to avoid the side or you might have issues thanks to this mapping problem. I know this isn't related to Titan, but it is one example I feel more people can relate to if they haven't gotten to Titan hardmode yet.
    (21)

Player
    Character
    Sypha Belnades
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldyiss View Post
    I'm curious as to why people are white knighting this Known/Documented problem? No one here has said Titan should be made easier, people would just love it if SE would bring their server structure and coding up high standards. If people stop asking them to fix what is clearly broken/problematic they can just get away with anything, cause apparently bugs and poor design decisions are something you have to learn to work around instead of calling for improvements.

I'm happy for people who don't have this problem/haven't ran into it. Good for you. Can SE still fix it for those of us who do? please? I hate being smashed by AoE that are half a screen away from where my client says my char is.
    I'm curious as well, what do they have to gain by saying there's no problem? Its great that some people don't have this problem, I WISH I didn't have this problem. I'm in NA too so I'm just not sure what's causing it. I play on my PC and my husband plays on PS3. Sometimes I'll move and look at the TV, I don't start moving on his screen for about 1.5 seconds.I run out of the circles as fast as possible, I'll admit there are a few times where I just wasn't fast enough...but most of the time I don't think I should have gotten hit. I've never had an issue getting out of the fire in any other game. You shouldn't have to move before they start casting to actually dodge things. The video posted earlier about the Titan fight is exactly how it went for me when I did SM. I had to resort to standing right by him so if I got hit I wouldn't actually fall off.

I saw someone mention in the comments in that video that if you cast an instant spell after you get out of the circle that you won't get hit...can anyone tell me if that's true or not? That could really be helpful.
    (18)

Page 11 of 185 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast