PREFACE: Square-Enix, there is absolutely no way this game will work out as a wise investment for you or for your players if you do not fix some serious issues in your net coding. The players are baffled how the game was released in this state and continue to be baffled that there is no absolutely word on what will happen. The subpar (in comparison to many, many other MMORPGs out there) net coding makes unenjoyable play in the following aspects of the game:
-Strategic movement to avoid being hit by AoE.
-Interrupting enemy abilities.
-Twitch activation of instant cast abilities (e.g. benediction, hallowed ground, interruptions etc...) to situations that were not foreseen by the player.
There is absolutely no way that this major flaw will be accepted by the MMORPG community after the hype if this game wears off.
If Titan is any hint about how the rest of the endgame is going to be, I'm out. I love this game but I'm just going to stick to levelling or gathering or more care bear stuff.
Why? Because I can't dodge the @#$%ing AoE. After hours of practicing in the duty finder and then going in with my free company I still failed over and over again.
Call me slow, I don't care. I don't think I'm slow. 80% of the time I made it. The other 20% of the time, I would think I made it, but then BAM WEIGHT TO THE FACE.
What makes it really frustrating is, you don't know if you've successfully dodged the weight until a second after the AoE goes off. In every single other MMO I've raided in, there's no ambiguity in the AoE. You know when you've been bad.
Then I tried to react before the weight actually casted. It worked the first few times but then I just ended up running into other people's weights.
EDIT: Thanks to the person who added this link to the discussion:
EDIT: Thanks also to the person who added this link to the discussion
EDIT: Another edit for the person who added this link. It's not Titan, but it shows how frustrating the AoE dodging in this game can be.
EDIT: Please take a look at these two clips as well that demonstrate the disconnect between the client and server when dodging AoE:
EDIT: Thanks for the videos everyone, here's another.
EDIT: The evidence continues to grow...
Please like or bump this thread if you are having a problem with this issue. We have to communicate to SE that we're not happy with the current net code/engine design that is causing this game to lose its appeal very fast.