Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90

Fellow Black Mages of Awesomeness!

I'm finally finished Summoner for now, and ready to take on Endgame with Black Mage. I was wondering if you fellow Black Mage could help me out. I have Militia gear and Accessories with no material in them.

What should I put into them? If you need to know my exact gear, it is:

Militia Hat
    Militia Robe
    Militia Tights
    Mage Halfglove's
    Mage Earrings
    Militia Duckbills
    Zircon Necklace
    Zircon Rings
    Red Coral Necklace

I need a new belt, I don't know what happened to my old one.

Any suggestions to switch anything out for something else? Or can I just pop some material in it for now till I get Black Mage AF +1?

Thanks for the help in advance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Charlemagne Ifrit
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    The Af +1 is a long term goal that will take months to achieve. Materia is arguably not the way to go in progressing towards it. I say this because the process of turning gear into materia and fixing it to your militia gear will take longer and be more expensive than running dungeons for the demagogue set. While getting the demagogue set you will also be getting those tomestones which will enable you to purchase darklight and ultimately some AF +1.
    The drop rate on demagogue pieces is pretty good, they can be found in Ampador Keep. Your current setup is more than capable of getting you through that dungeon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gig Farron
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Using just your regular AF gear is more than enough until you can get AK gear or Darklight gear. The nice thing if you get darklight is both your summoner and Black mage can use it.

It saddens me that they have the materia system in the game but no end game gear actually uses any of it.
    (0)

Character
    Amras Cerberus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 61
    What materia should you shoot for as a blm? Cause I have a giantsgall longstaff with one int materia in
    It and another that I just restored waiting in the wings. Should I just keep stacking int or use different materia? Its odd that blm isn't even my main now or in 1.0 but somehow it already has ilvl 70 gear in some slots haha
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Charlemagne Ifrit
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by gigarit View Post
    Using just your regular AF gear is more than enough until you can get AK gear or Darklight gear. The nice thing if you get darklight is both your summoner and Black mage can use it.

It saddens me that they have the materia system in the game but no end game gear actually uses any of it.
    The vanya gear can be melded can't it? ilvl 70 crafted gear.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Charlemagne Ifrit
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurus View Post
    What materia should you shoot for as a blm? Cause I have a giantsgall longstaff with one int materia in
    It and another that I just restored waiting in the wings. Should I just keep stacking int or use different materia? Its odd that blm isn't even my main now or in 1.0 but somehow it already has ilvl 70 gear in some slots haha
    INT, INT and more INT. You should look to be capping INT on any piece of gear before even considering any other stat.
    (0)