(0)

Player
    Character
    Karly Quinzel
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    I know of many that have tanked Titan, and outside of that... Coil is tough without the proper gear for it. It's roughly iLvl80 if I am remembering it correctly and Warriors are so gear dependant that it's making it difficult without full top end gear to work on those encounters.

Definitely need some Tweaking, but it's definitely possible, just not as easy as with a PLD.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Talongore Rothschild
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    So if both a paladin and a warrior have a full ilvl80 set the paladin will still be alot better?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Bayman Man
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Talongore View Post
    So if both a paladin and a warrior have a full ilvl80 set the paladin will still be alot better?
    Until we know what the gear sets look like, no one really knows the answer to that question. I hope they keep the two tanks different but both viable.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dayne Kjersgaard
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Good thread on Reddit. Apparently warriors are getting shafted. General consensus seems to be Paladins overtake Warriors at this level.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zell Drakkengaard
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjersgaard View Post
    Good thread on Reddit. Apparently warriors are getting shafted. General consensus seems to be Paladins overtake Warriors at this level.
    Highest rated post in that reddit thread is this...

Rootzo said...

I am a Warrior in Turn 4 of Bahamut's coil. I also have a paladin both of them are fully geared with Darklight (obviously) and both have relics. While warrior healing is more scary, the HP pool more than enough makes up for it. I have 5.6k buffed on my Paladin and 7.2k on my Warrior. I receive 15% more healing most of the time, since using your heal just won't cut it. If you bring a WHM and a Scholar, the WHM should focus heals on the Warrior and Scholar on the Paladin.

I agree for Paladins the 20% mitigation is amazing and ends up being about 1000 EHP + they have 2 damage reduction cooldowns, but warrior are definitly better at holding threat both single target and AOE and this is not a myth. It is a FACT.

In conclusion to have both tank is a good/better option but I do prefer the playstyle of warriors. Flash spamming for AOE threat + Circle of Skorn just isnt good enough at high levels of gear since Flash does NOT scale with gear.

And to all of those saying "Warrior tanks are so hard to heal on Titan" well I have to disagree. If you have a coordinated group, you know exactly when the big damage is coming on Titan and can predict his every move. Learn the encounter and both tanks will be as easy to heal.
    Seems to me it's fine... Warrior is harder to play which explains some of the problems people are having. Maybe it's a skill issue and the class design is being overplayed.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Dayne Kjersgaard
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Except the vast majority of the thread agrees that warriors require substantially more healing and attention, with most groups taking two paladins.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xilra Sis
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    We currently run a Paladin/Warrior combo in turn 5 (second group in the world to get there, first non-legacy) and I can make several guarantees (or near guarantees):

1) A Warrior is unlikely to be able to consistently tank the double Juggernaut phase of Turn 4 (Lack of cooldowns, raw mitigation during an ultra-high healing phase).
    2) A Warrior will _never_ be able to successfully MT Twintania during this tier with ilvl 70 gear. Just not going to happen. Sorry boys. Our paladin comes close to being 1 shot / 1 rounded frequently even with cooldowns while despite nearly a 1.8k hp buffer, the warrior DOES frequently get one shot/one rounded.

You'll probably notice that everyone who is a warrior advocate always prefaces everything with "We have cleared up to turn 4..." or "we are currently progressing on turn 4..." -- Nothing in this game hits "hard" until the final two waves of Turn 4, and Turn 5. After this, these folks are going to be in for a very rude awakening.

All told, warriors are not viable MT, but they are extremely useful as OT. The damage they put out over and above what a second Paladin would is not negligible, and they serve well in that role, which is a VERY important one.

________

On a side note, anyone who says you should be speccing 30 strength for anything later than maybe primals is out of their freakin' mind.

(This is all from a Healer's point of view).
    (2)
    Last edited by Xilrasis; 09-14-2013 at 06:12 AM.

Player
    Character
    Shaenrael Calgarawyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilrasis View Post
    All told, warriors are not viable MT, but they are extremely useful as OT. The damage they put out over and above what a second Paladin would is not negligible, and they serve well in that role, which is a VERY important one.
    Just curious about how you're running your OTs. Are they running with or without Defiance / Shield Oath up? Because if they're running with them down (until they need to pick something up) PLD with Sword Oath will be pretty much toe to toe with what a WAR can put out.

If you mean AOE damage then I guess that makes sense for WAR to have an advantage with Overpower.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eronn Erudio
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
    Just curious about how you're running your OTs. Are they running with or without Defiance / Shield Oath up? Because if they're running with them down (until they need to pick something up) PLD with Sword Oath will be pretty much toe to toe with what a WAR can put out.

If you mean AOE damage then I guess that makes sense for WAR to have an advantage with Overpower.
    I am the Warrior of Xilrasis' group, and yes primarily I am tanking multiple targets. The aoe damage of Warriors is quite good for a tank. On most fights you can gear with some non-Vit gear for a little added damage if necessary. Paladin with Sword Oath is pretty good damage as well, but Warrior's bring Storm's Eye when off tanking, and while it isn't huge it is a damage boost which in the later Coil you will want.

Pre Turn 4 and 5, Warriors are fine. They might not be ideal and you might need to build around them, but they can tank the content. Turns 4 and 5 they are not viable and will never be as good as Paladins. Our healing mechanics are unusable do to the magnitude of the damage. Bloodbath and Storm's Path do not do enough to be noticeable due to the spikes of damage. Inner Beast is only usable in very specific circumstances (ie. desperation to stay alive, Infuriate if off CD), outside of these edges cases it is better to just leave a five stacks of Wrath on.

I have read through most of the Reddit thread and it is primarily players who have not tried to MT Turns 4 or 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootzo
    "And to all of those saying "Warrior tanks are so hard to heal on Titan" well I have to disagree. If you have a coordinated group, you know exactly when the big damage is coming on Titan and can predict his every move. Learn the encounter and both tanks will be as easy to heal."
    This is completely false in Turns 4 and 5. You will take upwards of 8000 - 9000 damage in under a second. Even if healers could heal up our massive HP pools to full, we lack the cooldowns required to survive the spike damage that occurs in Turns 4 and 5.
    (6)
    Last edited by Eronn; 09-14-2013 at 06:32 AM.
    < Modified >
    End Game PvE Progression Company
    www.modifiedcompany.com

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast