Player
    Character
    Chahls Ohmagerd
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Summoner DPS rotations

I guess today I downloaded a parser and I was quite shocked by things I saw / heard.

I was in Titan HM, I happened to be top by about 20 points at 160 dps, with a BLM at 145ish and our dragoons tailing behind just slightly lower than that.
    However I was then told: "-Insert name here- is a summoner who does 350+ it's proven".

So, I went to a level 50 dummy and used my following rotation:
    Previous stacked Aetherflow III
    Shadow flare
    Raging strikes
    Bio 2
    Miasma 1
    Bio 1
    Fester
    Contagion
    Thunder
    Purge / Spur
    Ruin
    Fester
    Ruin
    Fester
    Ruin x 1000 / refresh dots repeat rotation

The max I hit on the dummy was 225 when I looked back, with an average of about 210/215
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chahls Ohmagerd
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I repeated this 2 or 3 times, and my DPS actually dropped to 135/140 regardless of using the same rotation...
    Either the parser isn't parsing correctly or my rotation suddenly decided not to have a decent output.
    Does anyone have any recommendations? Any suggestions?
    I'm open to criticism here. I want to up my output.
    Does my rotation look stupid / sound stupid?

Cheers.

#1000 characters
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zelia Sarrasin
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevee View Post
    Here is a general starting rotation:
    Bio II+Obey(so the pet starts attacking while you're casting) -> Miasma -> Bio -> Fester during GCD(make sure to delay it a little more until the Bio debuff is present) -> Shadow Flare -> Thunder -> Ruin -> Ruin II -> Raging Strikes+Fester during GCD -> Bio -> Thunder -> Miasma -> Bio II -> Miasma II -> Rouse/Fester During GCD -> Bio -> Contagion+Spur during GCD-> Shadow Flare -> Ruin II -> Enkindle during GCD
    ^that

After that it's simple(until RS comes off CD). Just keep DoTs up and maximize Fester usage. When Rouse/Spur come off CD, use Ruin II and use them in between the GCD.

You can change some things like adding in a Ruin/Ruin II before the final bio during RS, but if you've had to move and cancel any casts you may not have time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kevee; 09-13-2013 at 06:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Trihugger Tiggz
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Two things: Contagion increases the duration of all DoT's on the mob at the time of use. You should put miasma II up and cast contagion after Thunder in these scenario's (pure lol theorycraft, but it is maximal to always contagion at least after thunder since that's actually.. you know, possible in real scenarios vs miasma II melee bs)

Otherwise this looks about right for single target stuff. Keep in mind most boss fights involve adds and it will be up to you/your tank to communicate getting the two+ things close enough together to use bane effectively over a fester.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mountain Dew
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    There are no Parser out there at the moment that could accurately log our DoT damage so don't rely on it too much as the 'source of truth'.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Chahls Ohmagerd
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Trihuuger View Post
    Two things: Contagion increases the duration of all DoT's on the mob at the time of use. You should put miasma II up and cast contagion after Thunder in these scenario's (pure lol theorycraft, but it is maximal to always contagion at least after thunder since that's actually.. you know, possible in real scenarios vs miasma II melee bs)

Otherwise this looks about right for single target stuff. Keep in mind most boss fights involve adds and it will be up to you/your tank to communicate getting the two+ things close enough together to use bane effectively over a fester.

I wasn't sure it affected thunder, i'll try that out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crevox Shadeseer
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    The two existing parsers are highly bugged when it comes to Summoner DPS. Multiple spells do not work at all, and Bio/Bio II more often than not report absurdly high damage numbers during fights (usually 2-4x as much as it's actually doing).

Shouldn't be using the parser as a SMN.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ragnar Sigurdsson
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 66
    When we do high dps on parser the parser is ok, if we suck on numbers, then the parser is broken. Yeah! i got it
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arcanis Bladewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    why don't you guys test the parser as I have, do a 2 minute rotation on a dummy while the parser is on and have someone jot down all the dot damage on the screen, after 2 minutes, get all the numbers from the combat logs and all the numbers from the jot down dot damage from paper, sum it all up and divide it by 120 seconds, that is your dps, compare it to the parser. I've done this multiple times and it is consistent with the parser, not 100% accurate, but very consistent. only a few hundred damage done and a few 10s of dps more or less.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arcanis Bladewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    people say that even 250 dps is too much in this game, that's why the parser for summoner is bugged.

my dots alone tick 400 damage every 3 seconds. that's already 133 dps per second, what more if you include all the summoner spells, fester, ruin, shadowflare, pet auto attack, enkindle, pet buffs. I'm entirely certain that this will reach more than 250 dps.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast