Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    dots: 400 damage every 3 seconds = 133 dps
    fester: 750 damage every 10 seconds = 75 dps
    ruin: 180 damage every 3 seconds = 60 dps
    pet attacks: 180 damage every 3 seconds = 60 dps
    shadowflare: 88 damage ever 3 seconds = 29 dps

that's a total of 303 dps, and that's what the parser should be showing, and it has been nothing but consistent.

I understand that I did not put the cast time of dots into the equation, but to compensate I did not factor in critical strikes and enkindle. which is more than enough compensation, oh and raging strikes and rouse + spur.

if I did, it could potentially be around 350-375+ dps. but im bad at maths.

edit: I also did not factor in contagion, because I'm bad at math.
    (1)
    Last edited by glim; 09-13-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vyn Venture
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Trihuuger View Post
    Two things: Contagion increases the duration of all DoT's on the mob at the time of use. You should put miasma II up and cast contagion after Thunder in these scenario's (pure lol theorycraft, but it is maximal to always contagion at least after thunder since that's actually.. you know, possible in real scenarios vs miasma II melee bs)

Otherwise this looks about right for single target stuff. Keep in mind most boss fights involve adds and it will be up to you/your tank to communicate getting the two+ things close enough together to use bane effectively over a fester.
    I wouldn't use miasma 2. Just sayin'. Not that great and if you have to move you are really wasting dps time
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enna Woode
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    your fester dps is halved you can only do it 3 times every 60 secs
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ray Gillette
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    dots: 400 damage every 3 seconds = 133 dps
    fester: 750 damage every 10 seconds = 75 dps
    ruin: 180 damage every 3 seconds = 60 dps
    pet attacks: 180 damage every 3 seconds = 60 dps
    shadowflare: 88 damage ever 3 seconds = 29 dps

that's a total of 303 dps, and that's what the parser should be showing, and it has been nothing but consistent.

I understand that I did not put the cast time of dots into the equation, but to compensate I did not factor in critical strikes and enkindle. which is more than enough compensation, oh and raging strikes and rouse + spur.

if I did, it could potentially be around 350-375+ dps. but im bad at maths.

edit: I also did not factor in contagion, because I'm bad at math.
    This is absolutely terrible math as you act like you can use all these ability together at the same time. Even with five dots from bio, bio 2, miasma, miasma 2, and thunder with a relic weapon you'll be doing 333 non crits at the most.

Thats 111 dps with only 6-7dps coming from miasma 2 at 186 mana. Which is absurdly inefficient.

Miasma 2 is just not worth the rotation, period.
    (0)
    Last edited by Solen; 09-14-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ray Gillette
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Fester is going to be hitting around 640, perhaps a little more in full darklight, every 20 seconds. You can raging strikes all your numbers if you really want, but its still absurd as raging strikes will give about 50 more damage every 3 seconds on dots to around 380 non-crit. Its also on a 3min cooldown timer.

In order to keep 4 dots up, you have to spend 10 (essentially) seconds in a rotation to keep it up. Discounting garuda pet for a moment, the beginning you'll have a easy time spamming fester and ruin, however as you essentially have 4 dots that you'll have to maintain every 18, 18, 24 and 30 seconds, at most you'll have potentially three, realistically two ruins inbetween updating dots. This doesn't include things like fester, aetherflow, or energy drain which do take some time to activate even though there isn't a GCD associated with it.

Shadowflare is about 55 per 3 seconds. And parsing ifrit will get you 55 average.

Ruin is hitting about 171 give or take.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ray Gillette
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    In a good and some change minute rotation, I have about a 13-14 to 10 ratio of just concentrating on fitting ruins inbetween dot applications. Essentially that means ruin is good for on average, 1 per 10 seconds. Or 17dps give or take. Fester is going to give 32dps on average if you apply every charge without energy drain.

111 + 17 + 32 + 18 + 55

Without raging strikes, you'll get potentially 233 dps. Which isn't too shabby. However, you aren't going to be pumping this sort of damage out on Titan HM or anything short of being able to stand still and cast your spells. If the boss moves around just a bit, you'll lose the effectiveness of shadow flare. If you need to maintain range, you'll lose miasma 2. Even keeping up 4 dots + ruin going pure fester by 3 minutes you'll be (or get close to) mana starved at that point you'll start losing all your dot damage, and that'll affect your fester damage as well. If you include miasma 2 and shadow flare, by 2 minutes you'll have no mana.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ray Gillette
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    In order to last longer and be more effective over the course of the fight, you won't be using miasma and unlikely you'll be using shadow flare without using swiftcast along with it. At this point, you'll start dipping below 200 dps. Even if you were to include raging strike in this situation, where the dps matters (in boss fights of course) you'd potentially only see a overall 6% increase in damage if even that high.

In short, unless you ignore the red circles and never move, have perfect situational awareness all the time with your dots you aren't going to be hitting that 200dps marker with any sort of regularity in boss battles. Unless there is a bard or two to have mana song on all the time right now summoners are sitting around 190 to 200 dps realistically. Lets not even say if there were multiple mobs spread apart that you had to target; dps would drop like a rock and it would take at least 10 seconds to get going on new targets.

Lastly, this 1000char limit is lame.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zelia Sarrasin
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Solen View Post

Miasma 2 is just not worth the rotation, period.
    Miasma II is only worth it during Contagion rotation.

If you're using it any other way for single target, you're doing it wrong.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2