Player
    Character
    Julie Nymphiel
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Moth View Post
    For some reason I picture highlander females taller, more muscular and with sharper features, also wilder hair like dreadlocks and such. I picture Roegadyn females like the the males but obviously feminine and cuter that are sort of chubby. And the miqote males just femboy-ish catboys xD
    All of these sound like whats in my head.

(3)
    I have to thank Square-Enix for the amazing job they have done recreating Final Fantasy XIV from Scratch. Especially the inclusion of Missing Genders which we petitioned for in good faith. This was proof to us players that the Developers are truly Sympathetic to our requests and that being honest and vocal can pay off with the amazing characters we have who are Female Roegadyn, Male Miqote, and Female Highlanders. Thank You SE, Thank You Community Team, Thank You Yoshi-P.

Player
    fem boy-ish cat boys ala wings of the goddess YES PLEASE :3
    i watch too much anime XD
    (4)

Player
    Character
    A'lsiel Tia
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 63
    ritsuka/loveless catboys plz! minus the yaoi XD not that anything wrong with yaoi ~ >:3
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Arc Jurado
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    I find it ridiculous how many people are against this idea. It's just more choice, that's all. It's not hurting the people who don't want it, they don't have to change. For the people who do want it it makes a world of difference. Why would people be in opposition to more completely optional features?
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Eisen Marduk
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcell View Post
    I find it ridiculous how many people are against this idea. It's just more choice, that's all. It's not hurting the people who don't want it, they don't have to change. For the people who do want it it makes a world of difference. Why would people be in opposition to more completely optional features?
    Apparently many people in these forums follow the FFXI mindset of things and as such are very much against you having choice.
    (3)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Arcell View Post
    Some people just love to complain about anything even if it won't affect them in any way. I applaud them though since they helped this thread become the second hottest topic in the forums. It's also catching up to the leading thread.

edit: Using FFXI lore as an excuse just makes those people look ignorant. Those that are against it well...Just don't create one? That's the best part about having options.
    (9)
    Last edited by Akumu; 04-09-2011 at 11:09 PM.
    Want to have more freedom on how you look!? Support this thread!:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/39544-To-The-Devs-A-World-of-Individuals

Player
    Character
    Captain Lalafist
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 82
    Why would people be in opposition to more completely optional features?
    Square-Enix's development team for FFXIV is most likely as large as is realistically possible to manage at once.

Even if they were sitting on a pile of gold, the limitations of manpower, time and development procedure constrain their development process.

Thus, they can only do as much as the limitations in place allow for them to do.

Now, why would people be in opposition to a feature like this? When X number of artists and programmers are working on this feature, they are not working on some other feature. Developing these options drains their limited resources.

Which is why they need to prioritize what they want to do. Which is why they have to choose. Which is why we can not have everything we want.

If people are against this feature, they want something else instead. You can not have the cake and eat it too. For every feature they implement, for every addition they make, they won't be able to make million other additions that they could if they had all the money, all the manpower and all the time in the world.

It really annoys me that I have to explain these things out. This game doesn't exist in an imaginary world (your head) where everything is possible. Thus it is extremely ignorant to say that this addition wouldn't affect anyone. Developing this feature is resources away from some other feature.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuzah View Post
    Square-Enix's development team for FFXIV is most likely as large as is realistically possible to manage at once.

Even if they were sitting on a pile of gold, the limitations of manpower, time and development procedure constrain their development process.

Thus, they can only do as much as the limitations in place allow for them to do.

Now, why would people be in opposition to a feature like this? When X number of artists and programmers are working on this feature, they are not working on some other feature. Developing these options drains their limited resources.

Which is why they need to prioritize what they want to do. Which is why they have to choose. Which is why we can not have everything we want.

If people are against this feature, they want something else instead. You can not have the cake and eat it too. For every feature they implement, for every addition they make, they won't be able to make million other additions that they could if they had all the money, all the manpower and all the time in the world.

It really annoys me that I have to explain these things out. This game doesn't exist in an imaginary world (your head) where everything is possible. Thus it is extremely ignorant to say that this addition wouldn't affect anyone. Developing this feature is resources away from some other feature.
    As said a few times already. The supporters are not looking for this right now. Simply to finally know the dev teams answer on the matter. Since the game has been in development there has yet to be a straightforward answer(which is all we are looking for). There were also hints as if a Male miqote model was already developed(not sure about others). Yes it would take resources but once the game is "fixed" and released on the Ps3 what's wrong with it being part of an expansion pack?

One can come up with an argument but since we are just looking for an answer and time frame(if yes) it's not much to argue against. They could say "We will implement them but don't expect any update on the matter for 2 years." or simply "No addition of races will ever be made." For me that would be enough and I will move on.
    (5)
    Last edited by Akumu; 04-09-2011 at 11:39 PM.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/39544-To-The-Devs-A-World-of-Individuals

Player
    Character
    Captain Lalafist
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 82
    The supporters are not looking for this right now. Simply to finally know the dev teams answer on the matter.
    My comment was in regards to people who think it is "ridiculous to be against this idea". I know what this thread's purpose is.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuzah View Post
    My comment was in regards to people who think it is "ridiculous to be against this idea". I know what this thread's purpose is.
    Ah ok my bad Betelgeuzah I get what you're saying now. I was shocked at first because I usually agree with your posts lol. I read it as someone that was just being part of the hate bandwagon.
    (1)

Page 81 of 148 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast