Player
    Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 20
    Quote Originally Posted by viion View Post
    If they do this can Se please give an option to change your race, even if its just once, just so we can get rid of all the god damn mithras!
    You do know this won't really change much right? Unless you somehow missed many fan site discussions on why people choose miqo'te (and or other female characters) they will stay female miqo'te. (and if/when they add these alternate genders, there will be a ton more miqo'te running around both male and female)

Most people I've seen through fan site discussions go male hyuran/elzen because "there is no male miqo'te" and did "not want to play a female character".

I will repeat what many other fan site discussions on the topic as usual say. "Female miqo'te will be chosen mostly because some guys rather see a female on their screen then a male". For some people they play the game for enjoyment and they don't enjoy staring at a guy all the time playing, but a female instead. :P
    (2)
    The internet's largest FFXI and FFXIV Imageboard
    http://imageboard.neko-sentai.com/

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Cairdeas View Post
    Merlwyb is a Female Roegadyn.

Elezen have shorter necks then Elvaan. Merlwyn is closer to Elvaan then Elezen in the neck department.
    Elezen do not have a Brow nose bridge line like Roegadyn do and like Merl has.
    Merl has Short Spikey hair that curves her head and points backwards like Roegadyn, no Elezen female has this hair style as all Elezen Hairstyles are braided or down.
    Merlwyb follows the Roegadyn Naming Convention (Lots of Y's and duplicated single syllables.)
    Elezen use a French style for all names. Roegadyn use a very rough language as their source but I can't identify it.
    Sounds Welsh/Celtic to me

Anyhoo, looking forward to seeing how these new genders are added. Also would be nice if Merl makes a cameo as a proper NPC, or just gets mentioned for now.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Julie Nymphiel
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToEnd View Post
    Sounds Welsh/Celtic to me

Anyhoo, looking forward to seeing how these new genders are added. Also would be nice if Merl makes a cameo as a proper NPC, or just gets mentioned for now.
    Welsh is very lyrical when spoken and sung, but its hard to read for me so that might be it.
    (1)
    I have to thank Square-Enix for the amazing job they have done recreating Final Fantasy XIV from Scratch. Especially the inclusion of Missing Genders which we petitioned for in good faith. This was proof to us players that the Developers are truly Sympathetic to our requests and that being honest and vocal can pay off with the amazing characters we have who are Female Roegadyn, Male Miqote, and Female Highlanders. Thank You SE, Thank You Community Team, Thank You Yoshi-P.

Player
    Character
    Kane Wyrmwood
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 20
    This is great news, I'm actually super excited about this announcement - male Miqo'te for the win!
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    If (and I say IF, because i'm not as sure as some) merlwyb is indeed a female roegadyn, they found a lovely way to design them. Lovely, but I'm not sure if appropriate. I'm not sure what weird mechanism of nature might make the average female of a race grow three times thinner than their males. It just doesn't make much sense.

That said, I'm all for attractiveness. It just seems a bit off.
    (3)
    Abriael Rosen - Paladin of Balmung

Player
    Character
    Arc Jurado
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    You do realize that you're trying to apply the laws of our world to the world of a video game, right? We also have giant gnats with teeth that spit lightning and can teleport at will.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Cindrie Estelloix
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Abriael View Post

That said, I'm all for attractiveness. It just seems a bit off.
    You didn't really expect SE not to make any female not attractive did you? XD That said she's probably thicker then other females in the game but definitely a lot slighter then her male counterpart.

This is exciting, really wish they would just release the models they have for us to see already even if we don't get to see them in game any day soon.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cendres View Post
    You didn't really expect SE not to make any female not attractive did you?
    Mh, not unattractive. But I'm rather sure there are ways to make a female rather buff without turning her into a monster.

Again, I'm not against the design, It just feels slightly off to me
    (2)
    Abriael Rosen - Paladin of Balmung

Player
    Character
    Cindrie Estelloix
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Well to be fair we are only seeing her neck and above, she might have rippling abs o' steel with arms and legs to match.

EDIT: No wait we see more then that, still I bet anything her actual model is pretty thick.
    (2)
    Last edited by Cendres; 04-15-2011 at 02:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Julie Nymphiel
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Also there is a thing call Dimorphism. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_dimorphism
    (3)
    I have to thank Square-Enix for the amazing job they have done recreating Final Fantasy XIV from Scratch. Especially the inclusion of Missing Genders which we petitioned for in good faith. This was proof to us players that the Developers are truly Sympathetic to our requests and that being honest and vocal can pay off with the amazing characters we have who are Female Roegadyn, Male Miqote, and Female Highlanders. Thank You SE, Thank You Community Team, Thank You Yoshi-P.

Page 101 of 148 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast