Character
    Jennyfer Croft
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50

Marketing definitly broken

First Hello to everyone.

Im now playing my thrird Month of FF 14 ARR, since 1.0 it has gotten better.
    Ok so i'm starting with my first Month of playing, I remember all the Market Board prices were high as hell, thats completly normal the game was starting everyone tried to make high prices

So lets take an example, on the first Month you could sell the lv 49 HQ rings i.e Amber Ring or Turquoise Ring for like 15-20k

Second Month its was more like 8-10k and now its really funny because those ring sell on december only for 1k HQ there are over 90 in AH even more from all people selling them
    Just make the calc, 4 Electrum Ores and 1 Raw Amber + 10 wind shards then make them into ingot and Amber and now make it to Amber ring with another 5 wind and 5 shards... this will take you like depending on your control and skill around 2-4min for roughly 1k with like 400gil profit.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jennyfer Croft
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    Hell we are all getting rich soon.... Im not complaining to get gil since I own over 10Million, those who started early got rich. But hey that really proves that the completly system of farming crafting is BROKEN

Lets compare this to FFXI i've been playing that game for 6 Years, camping NM to get items to make gil, and those NM items still sold for 50-80k after 6 Years from beggining on, they never dropped the price.... Another thing is it took you roughly months and millions of gil and time to get 1 CRAFT to the cap...
    I've seen this coming, the HQ is the standard item quality nowdays, the shards are getting overfarmed from Gilseller, like all the ores and other materials. Everyone is taking all the Crafts to 50 in like 2 days with less then 50k gil spend....

Now im 1 of those person too i Have all the crafts and gathering classes 50, what now? Well i dont even touch those Crafts anymore exept for some melds or making items for myself, im not making HQ items for less than 1k selling -.-
    My main Paladin has relic +1 sitting on Mytho equip farming coil sometimes, my WHM and BRD gotten full DL + relic as well...
    And all i do is farming WP WP WP WP and more WP every week again. I will wait for the patch 2.1 but if this wont get better im definitly leaving this game.
    (3)
    Last edited by Darkjolie; 12-13-2013 at 01:48 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jennyfer Croft
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    FFXI had more fun, it took you more than 1 month to get a class to 75, but fuck it was fun you had experiences with other people partying and exping together slaying monsters for hours... You were afraid of strong enemys you had to pass to get to another Location and so on... In this game you run past enemys you dont even care, since you will lose aggro or run away.
    This game is on the best way to get broken, really. no real end content, AH broken prices, SE is not capable to get ride of Gilsellers.. C'mon move your ass and fucking bann those, dont even look twice just ban em and move to the next, make people cry for their accounts, make a Jail put em in like in FF 11, just GET SOME RESPECT AS A GAME MASTER.. there was never any Gilseller problem in FF 11

Well i stop complaning about all those system, i'm sure people will start to shit at me and tell me to leave game blabla, but really im right, would love to see how other people are seeing this
    Screw those 1000 chars limit on forum
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    It will get worse before it gets better.

- Infinite NPC NQ gear,
    - Quest reward gear,
    - Grand Company Gear,
    - Aetherial Gear,
    - Philo Gear,
    - Allagan Gear

- Gil starved new players.

- Crafting.

We never stood a chance.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cromstar Kronos
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I concur, end game crafting and gathering in not appealing anymore. I invested lots of hours in 1.0 to get all crafts and gathering to 50, after 2.0 anybody could get all crafts and gathering in 1/8 of the time and effort. Now I can proudly say I am a end of game crafter/gatherer capable of crafting Gear 25 levels below Best Gear in game. So much effort, time and gil invested, to be mediocre at best, great Motivator SE !! I am not even playing right now. Waiting for the 2.1 patch hoping it will bring something meaningful to crafting a gathering.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylindryl Sorrow
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    I really hope they fiddle and fix this, crafting in this game is pretty fun, its not that hard to strike a balance, what they really ought to do is have oversaturation Leves quests, and make it so weekly tradeskill levequest items change per tier of the most over saturated items on the market and this would help soak up items that are overplentiful, that or they should input higher base values to vendors, or make it so oversaturated items sell for vendors for a much higher gil amoint.

Adding in some uniqueness to crafters wouldn't hurt, add some questlines that allow crafters to gain special abilities like adding particle effects to certain items, even better if you have to choose a specialization so it gives everyone a market, I don't know I just want to see crafting viable, its a good system hard to believe they aren't planning on adding any crafting recipes in 2.1.... luckily Im late to the game and don't have all 8 crafts leveled up yet I feel for all those short on stuff todo
    (2)

Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkjolie View Post
    Screw those 1000 chars limit on forum
    Post the first bit up to 1000 chars, then hit edit and add rest of your "bible" post
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hybris Maenad
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    It sounds like you have all the tools to still make money, but you just don't want to put in effort for what you perceive as lesser gains (after having cashed in by hitting the early market).

Go play something else if you're not having fun. If you're so well geared, capping your myth shouldn't be an agonizing endeavor.

Otherwise just count yourself lucky that you were able to cash in while the market was good and actually have a stack of gil.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vortok Mercadia
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Might end up repeatedly doing leves, just to have an excuse to craft something. That 'Honest Gillionaire' title will certainly take awhile to get, lul.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Femke Fisker
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 56
    The profit window has disappeared for most crafted gear. Most HQ il70 is selling at or lower than the mats required to make them. Only way I can make any profit is melded materia to them first. NQ Vanya is down to about 70K last I checked. I can remember when it was 600K. Sigh
    (0)