Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Holy Belle
    World
    Ultima
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 39
    Sorry for the delay in getting updates in, I had a fairly busy weekend with getting the yard and everything ready for the fall and winter months and then got stuck moving 10 servers at work Sunday.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Holy Belle
    World
    Ultima
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 39
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuine View Post
    Possible to note the region also? I am looking for an oceanic FC to join. Thanks
    Most of the English FCs have players from Oceanic and NA. I know withing Gaijin we have players on pretty much round the clock and Im sure the other FCs are the same way. Any of the English FCs on the server are good choices they each bring something different to the table as in what to expect from them. Eternal Strife as he noted has players on 24/7 as well with players in the US and Japan so Im sure they've had to have picked up some Oceanic players as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orsnoire Le'oxe
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Frankly, many players have no interest in being in a bloated FC.

If it's your thing to be involved in overblown, bloated groups, then more power to you.

But don't expect everyone else to have the same attitude.

Phoenix Rising is intentionally smaller. We have maintained a small member count and are not recruiting until the game matures and until the free month is over. The biggest FC-oriented content in the game requires only 8 players, so you don't need a huge group in order to clear all content.

Furthermore, most of our members are focusing on lateral progress (i.e. crafting, cross-class abilities, etc), so atm we're all enjoying that and not really worried much about eating through content as fast as humanly possible.

Anyone who's interested in an atmosphere where you are a name and not a "400+" number is welcome to contact me in game to find out more. We're allied with another FCs who has a similar approach and expectations for the game, and provided you're not expecting everything "right now" you can reasonably easily and quickly find someone who can help you with your progress in the game.

Edit: Lecomte, I'm not sure why you are defensive: my post was directly in response to the OP. granted, the 400+ may have seemed directly targetted at Gaijin, but that wasn't my direct intention, but rather to respond in rather direct manner to the question posed in the OP, and on a higher level explain to Holy why I never merged with other FCs. If what I said made you feel defensive, that certainly wasn't my intention.

Essentially, most of those who abandoned Phoenix Rising had, as their primary intention, to burn through content faster. Whether or not Gaijin has that as its primary purpose I really have no idea. Again, I was responding to the questions posed by the OP and on a higher level the reasoning behind the split with Holy and crew.
    (0)
    Last edited by Orsnoire; 09-25-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Synner Strife
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    It's true Gaijin is a beast to be reckoned with but at the same time I have not been intimidated by or have any ill will towards them. The members seem to be rather nice and just have different goals then our guild. Each guild caters to different types of players. (Pitch time) Eternal Strife is now an international guild! Bring your google translate software and meet some awesome people!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lecompte Dusang
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Orsnoire View Post
    Anyone who's interested in an atmosphere where you are a name and not a "400+" number is welcome to contact me in game to find out more.
    First: We are an FC that links kind, intelligent and respectful individuals so they can network to do what they love -- whatever that maybe. As to eating up content, we do have an FC raiding linkshell for players with advanced ability and gear.

Second: Yes we have 400 people and yes I see people sometimes and go "huh, I don't ever see this person chat." That is a choice they make and we have a lot of fun conversations in the FC... For some reason every time there is a new Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) it slides in the anime direction.

Third: I don't know if your pitch is going to attract the kind of members you're looking for. Unless you want people like you but they are all running their own FCs maybe?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lecompte Dusang
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Synner View Post
    It's true Gaijin is a beast to be reckoned with but at the same time I have not been intimidated by or have any ill will towards them. The members seem to be rather nice and just have different goals then our guild. Each guild caters to different types of players. (Pitch time) Eternal Strife is now an international guild! Bring your google translate software and meet some awesome people!
    Great Synner If you have the FFXIV App (ffxiv-app.com) it has a built in translate feature! It scans your chat logs for Japanese (or other languages) and translates it to English. It takes some puzzling but very helpful.
    (2)
    "Only the shallow know themselves." - Oscar Wilde

Player
    Character
    Molly Malone
    World
    Ultima
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I just left Gaijin for my own personal reasons - namely plans to move servers however there is no reason to be negative about Gaijin.

For any player looking for an English community within Ultima I do highly recommend Gaijin. There are players of all skill levels active throughout the day to be able to assist you. This can be for simple questions on how to fight a low level boss, how to do a quest, assistance in a dungeon or levelling up certain skills to assistance fighting primals, farming 8 man dungeons to finding someone to meld materia (They have crafters of all professions at level 50). It has people to talk to while you grind, to amuse you when you come home drunk to friends to listen while you're down.

Worried about being just a number? LeCompte does a fantastic job recognizing members that are active, contribute and are a positive influence on the FC.

Think 400 is an inflated number? Inactives are kicked on a regular basis to make room for more members.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Orsnoire Le'oxe
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lecompte View Post
    Third: I don't know if your pitch is going to attract the kind of members you're looking for. Unless you want people like you but they are all running their own FCs maybe?
    Let me say this again: we're not recruiting, so it wasn't a "pitch" and I'm not trying to attract members.

I just wanted to make it clear (in case it wasn't and from my words it's very likely that people would have gotten the wrong impression) that we're always open to like-minded players.

In fact, I should thank you, man. I have no interest, time, or inclination to be a cruise director or to be primarily responsible for any other player's entertainment. As a FC leader, I rather provide the framework and beyond that act more as a member of the community than the provider of content. By allowing those who hold that kind of expectation an alternative place to be, you've done me a favor.
    (0)
    Last edited by Orsnoire; 09-25-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Player
    Character
    Synner Strife
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    cool thanks! I play on the ps3 can I get this app on my iphone maybe?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lecompte Dusang
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Molly! I already miss that sweet Aussie accent. Every time I was out of a dungeon last night I was typing /sea forename "molly"

And Synner: I don't think so, it has to be able to scan your chat logs . Bummer.
    (0)
    "Only the shallow know themselves." - Oscar Wilde

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast