Character
    Elendil Voronda
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    Its a HACK.

3rd party program that allows players to cheat. (and they'll get their accounts banned for using it)
    Well is that is true then they deserve to be banned, not only for cheating but for being so idiot as to shout in town about it xD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lorde Doome
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Do my eyes deceive me or did I see trash mobs being described as challenging content?

Because they're not. They're trivial, boring, and don't offer any real variation.

I wish the dungeons had at least some sort of dynamic element in the encounters to combat the monotony of fighting the same monster packs over and over. Without any sort of surprises to watch out for, I'm just going through the motions, and frankly, it's not very fun.
    (3)
    Last edited by docbon; 10-02-2013 at 07:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Coralie Moonseeker
    World
    Belias
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Airget View Post
    They could add 2-4 "mystery mobs" - Upon beating said mystery mob the group would earn additional tomes or treasure loot for beating said mob. This way players would be encouraged to fight every mob in hopes of finding the mystery mob and then earn maybe an additional 30-60 tomes for their troubles or gain an additional 1-2 pieces of potential item lv 60 gear or maybe even some pieces of gold allagan coins."
    People need incentive to kill trash mobs because it effectively extending their time, aka WASTING everyone's time. The dungeon looks really nice, and the developer spent time designing this. It is sad that they are completely clueless in what motivate people to play. When you are lvl 1-49, you have a BIG reason to do these low lvl dungeons, for gears and xp which are two big things - each mob you kill net you some sort of rewards. By giving objectives and rewards killing trash mobs, it makes the play a bit more meaningful, and giving it reasons. Otherwise the reason is to kill boss and skip trash for the shortest cut possible to do it fast. I am really hoping patch 2.1 will remedy this - otherwise this game is really not worth paying the monthly fee.

I really like the game, I think they did amazing designing content for lvl 1-49. The world is very immersive and beautiful and the gameplay is solid and just right, could use tweaks but nothing really bad. However the content after is beyond mind numbing boring and badly need some varieties. They should just make dungeon from level 32-50 drop philosophy and mythology so that people have over 6 dungeons to farm - not to mention it will help a great deal for new players as well. This is like very easy fix - all they have to do is putting philosophy and mythology as reward for anyone at lvl 50 who synch down to do lvl 32-49 dungeons. They can cap this to 5 lower level dungeons a day if they want to.
    (4)
    Last edited by Luvbunny; 10-02-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Character
    Neru Silverlight
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    People need incentive to kill trash mobs... -snip-
    I agree with you, the game already has all the potential in it, world is beautiful and mechanics while they could always be enhanced, work fine and are fun to play. But the mindless grind of the same content at end game added up with the waste of time added by trash mobs sort of -forces- players to do the best to skip and avoid this content that could otherwise be fun, specially as said before, for players who don't have too much time to play. I STRONGLY believe that adding tomestones (both, myth and the other) to trash kill would help this a lot, whatever the amount is, is up to SE to balance, maybe make certain guys, say the "chiefs" from each pack of trash only give x amount. And to prevent people from farming trash instead of whole runs since it's faster just add a lockout, a cooldown to reset the trash that gets cleared once you finish the dungeon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leonas Dias
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by teh_nam3less View Post
    So what else should SE hand you? A lv 50 character? Hell, let's let each group of mobs drop tomes.
    With the fate system, they already hand out level 50s.
    (3)
    When all is lost,
    All is in vain.
    When Good and Evil,
    Unite in pain.
    Rivers of swords must join as one,
    Only then shall the spell be undone.

Character
    Skeeter Valentine
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Snip--- all they have to do is putting philosophy and mythology as reward for anyone at lvl 50 who synch down to do lvl 32-49 dungeons. They can cap this to 5 lower level dungeons a day if they want to. ---
    This sounds like a GREAT idea to me! A lot of times doing the leveling dungeons your thrown in with 3 others that are as new to the dungeon as you are. I have yet to clear Dzmaes Darkhold yet because every time i have qued i get 3 new people and none of us know the mechanics :P
    If lvls 50s could que and "help" with these for a certain amount of philosophy tomes i think it would help a lot. Makes sense in my mind anyway.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Marauder Shields
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    There should be a grading system at the end of each dungeon run. Grades vary by number of mobs cleared. It could also be percentage instead of grades... the higher your percentage/grade is, the better the extra reward (gil, craft mats, etc.) This way, if people want to speed run, they can do so and get a minimal %/grade with minimal rewards. For those who choose to run the full dungeon can have better rewards. It makes everyone happy.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Isildun Engel
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    There's plenty of good ideas in this thread as to how to make trash mobs worth killing already, so here's a mediocre one: why not have us continue to gain EXP after 50 and every time we "level up" give us another stat point to spend. The 30 cap on stat bonuses could stay, or be raised, and it'd give some sense of bettering your character, however minimal the effect it may actually have.
    (0)

9. 10-03-2013 02:40 AM
    Reason
    forgot to quote reply

Player
    Character
    Enth Rax
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    trash mobs should have a chance of dropping tomb stones
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Laiyenu Rae
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrotor View Post
    If you want to kill the bosses, you gotta kill the stuff before him. That is the incentive to kill the trash, to get to the boss. Your not being rewarded for killing the trash, your killing the trash so you can get to the boss to get your reward.
    Bosses loot is worthless, this argument is only valid in Raids. (crystal tower or Coil due to the boss drops being worth something).
    (0)

I'm the Bloodgaru Queen.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast