Player
    Character
    Master Chubu
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    The game is fine. Stop being lazy and learn how to make gil. You're not supposed to profit from a dungeon, and the benefit of running one is that you're getting new gear. Is that so hard to wrap your brains around? Or do you feel the need to be handed everything and even some extra gil to make the economy worthless?
    Heh, the thing that most people aren't realizing is that a lot of these people complaining, are either A. New to gaming completely, or B. former WoW players that are used to easy mode. I sincerely hope SE doesn't "tweak" the game into a carebear, faceroll, WoW, piece of crap.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kazari Uiharu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Ya I am a little worried that the dev's might actually take these cries into consideration. It is not a big deal at all. It is so much easier to make money elsewhere that losing a little gold on a dungeon run is nothing.
    (1)
    “Even the finest sword plunged into salt water will eventually rust.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Character
    Yukina Himeragi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenkiei View Post
    All random loot chests have now been removed from dungeons
    These items now have X% chance to drop from trash mobs.

Fixed, it's now like every other game.

----

I really don't feel "trash" gives anything less than in other games the only difference is the "shiny things" don't come from the monsters themselves they come from the CHESTS. That's not something which exists the same way in other games.
    Except the random loots throughout the dungeons are pretty trash anyways, they don't really even matter especially in the earlier levels since you just get a pat on the back and load up when you hit lv45.

Since the game is based off of currency (philosophy & mythology), the real goal is just to obtain the currency so you can buy Darklight. Anything you can get from dungeons is purely an intermediate measure and has very little impact overall. The only loots that people might care about are those items required to craft relic base items.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sinth Sorrows
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Not entertainment to run the same instances over and over and over let alone deal with mind numbing non-boss fights for no reward.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alter Kerl
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 1
    Final Fantasy XIV prides itself on being behind the times. That's the niche it fills- grinding for the sake of grinding. Don't expect that to change any time soon.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Bauric Cargim
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

The development team is aware that the benefits for defeating regular monsters in high level dungeons are not proportionate to the effort. They are also aware that dungeon runs can also be filled with players with conflicting goals (like enjoying the story versus doing a farming/speed run) that leads to it being difficult to enjoy the content. They feel that improvements in these areas are needed and are currently working on countermeasures for this.

We will be sure to fill you in on the details in the near future.

How about you go ahead and fix the instance servers to allow more concurrent instances to run so that people don't have to sit around for 45 minutes with a full group while waiting for a spot to open...
    (4)
    Bauric Cargim (The Pink Bunny Of D00m)
    Cactaur Server

Player
    Character
    Rossco Jenkins
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    There needs to more dungeons to farm and better rewards. I mean FFS, all there is to do is farm AK for the gear PRE Dark Light and to cap out Myth tomes for the week, and crap after that you run Prat or CM 9999999999999 times to buy a piece of DL, and those dungeons don't drop crap but the tomes at THE END! And you need to do all that to get the full DL so you can ATTEMPT BC.... Idk, people are complaining because there isn't a lot to do, you farm tomes, that's about it lol. 2 places drop the most, CM and Prat, and that's ALL you get from there,that's it and are a bit long for 100 tomes......... So you skip what you don't need to kill and try to get to each boss as fast as possible so you don't waste time killing useless trash for nothing.
    (1)

Character
    Rex Xylon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekujen View Post
    Duty Finder

2 options

Story Mode
    Normal Mode

Story Mode = Nobody can move if someone is watching cut scene, if the cut scene is roughly 30 seconds and they stay on it for 3 minutes? they get automatically booted (to prevent harassment) this will automatically find a new player. The reason for the boot is simple, some trolls will stay on the cut scene just to grief the players.

Normal Mode = No Cut Scenes

done.
    ...Just make the cutscenes progress automatically. Don't wait for the player to advance it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amas Naya
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Only on the XIV official forums are the efficient players called carebears by the carebears...

1) None of us know the intent of the developers except for what is explicitly said in interviews or in game. Anything else is projecting your own ideas onto them. For the record, the dev team has never made a blanket statement about the skipping of trash. The only thing they did was change conditions in 2 dungeons to access boss enemies. You can still easily skip large swaths of trash in both of said dungeons to reduce the time spent per run considerably.

1a) Nowhere in any dungeon is "kill X enemies" or "clear the area" an explicit objective. It's always "access X area" or "defeat X" or the like. The only explicit objectives we are given are to get to the boss and kill the boss. Anything past that is up to us to determine the best methods.

2) Only carebears insist that everyone else play the game their way. Speed runners don't care if people do non-speed runs, they just choose not to participate. Some may be childish and rude about it, certainly, but they don't demand that the developers make every run a speed run. Only carebears want to change the game mechanics so that everyone has to play how they think is "right".

2a) This thread is asking for more incentive to kill trash (e.g. voluntarily give up speed runs). People are driven by incentive, and judging by Camate's post the devs are beginning to understand this better. Gaining access to a boss is extremely flimsy incentive, thus why so many people are still looking for ways to speed that process up. There is no incentive to kill 90% of the trash at 50 (only the bare minimum necessary to unlock the boss door), and this thread is asking for that to be changed. Believe it or not, us "elistist" speed runners want more reason to engage with content, but there has to be something to make it worthwhile.

I have a 3 week old son. I have a full time job. I have a wife. I have a house. I don't want everything handed to me, but time is the most valuable thing I have right now and I don't want to waste it on worthless exercises. Trash in this game, at level 50, is utterly worthless unless it specifically advances a dungeon objective. Even the rare crafting drops are basically vendor trash on my server (with a few exceptions) and you can't count on getting enough chest coins to offset repair costs, especially as a tank. I speed run because it's the best use of my time. The moment SE makes the trash worth killing, I'll kill it happily.
    (6)
    "There are two things which are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

Player
    Character
    Roy Hildenbrand
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I absolutely agree. I've only got so much time to play during the week and maybe sometimes on the weekend. People can complain about I'm not cut out to play MMO's because I don't have the time. Whatever. The whole point is that your effort and time wasted should = some kind of equivalent of that.

As it stands, trash mobs =/= time, effort, or gil to kill therefore speed runs are the most efficient usage of time. If they did something with them it would be a lot better. It's not about entitlement, difficulty or immersion. It's about making sense. You wouldn't drive 30 miles away to fill up your gas tank to save a few bucks as opposed to by your house.

Dungeons should be run for some kind of benefit, and at the end game the only benefit is tomes or armor for some of the other dungeons. Those all come from coffers (I'm assuming since I've never ran AK) anyways, so unless the mobs start to drop them there's no point in killing those.
    (0)

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast