Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    The Doctor
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90

Its happened :/ - resorted to new character for Gil.

After spamming a lot of endgame raid dungeon for farming + Titan hard mode relic my gil supply has dwindled to almost nothing and with no good source of income >.< - (5k repair bills btw) I decided to make alts to sustain me some fat checks until this issue is fixed.... a lot of my friends are also down to their last 75k on new server the main problem will soon start on new servers by the end of this week I believe.
    (24)

Player
    Character
    Inzoum Zimia
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    You COULD use Dark Matter you gathered yourself to repair stuff on your own... OR make money by crafting or gathering.

If all you do is battle content, well yeah, you'll end up fairly dry
    (24)

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzoum View Post
    This is bad game design.
    (76)

Player
    Character
    Chai Latte
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    You COULD use Dark Matter you gathered yourself to repair stuff on your own
    Except you can't. This ain't beta or 1.0. Dark Matter are NPC only, bought with precious gil or seals.
    (33)

Player
    Character
    Desia Desah
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    This is bad game design.
    It's not poor game design. It's not utilizing all there is available for monetary gain.
    (24)

Player
    Character
    The Doctor
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    You COULD use Dark Matter you gathered yourself to repair stuff on your own... OR make money by crafting or gathering.

.................................................... It does not solve the issue at hand let me do some math for you
    x2 Dark Matter per piece
    5k seals for 5 darkmatter
    350gil per NPC
    repair costs for a stack 20k gil
    amount of gears repaired 7 (amount u can repair over and over)
    ------------------------------ Cheaper to just repair at the vendor
    You do not obtain Dark Matter from gathering??????/
    ============
    Gathering and Crafting is not making money its taking some one else gil from the market which if your on a new server is running out unless another 2k influx of players join .........
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    You sure all those gear maitenance costs aren't coming from incessant sacpulling?
    Just to be sure that's not where the problem lies, not saying there isn't one. If that is the problem I say you earned it, but if it isn't, i'm a little afraid now

Also presumably, aren't leves still a great way to make money?
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Strawberry Dragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    In before under-50's brag about the all the money they have and how easy it is for them to get more money.
    I'm 50 with ANC and my full repair check is over 5k too BUT, I still manage to make 10-50k profit evertime I log on. No, I don't buy gil. How I see it is, you are all simply too lazy to make gil. Use the goddamn AH and sell some stuff you get in dungeons or start up gathering.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    The Doctor
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Skies View Post
    You sure all those gear maitenance costs aren't coming from incessant sacpulling?
    Just to be sure that's not where the problem lies, not saying there isn't one. If that is the problem I say you earned it, but if it isn't, i'm a little afraid now

Also presumably, aren't leves still a great way to make money?
    Dying is actually more cost effective then winning ...... 2% durability loss on death so sacpulling actually saves you gil in the longhaul over killing everything ><
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Ava Adore
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 70
    you can only buy dark matter
    dark matter is only worth using for repairs if your gear is actually broken, otherwise the npc repair is cheaper, but that means you have to repair in advance

you can also not change your weapon inside a dungeon, so you can't even wait to repair your gear when it's actually broken, because it means you will have to leave the dungeon to change your class.

heck. my highest char is lvl 26 and I understand this issue. (and if anyone cares, I'm also filthy rich. but I want to STAY filthy rich, which is only possible if others buy my crafted stuff. which won't be possible if they have no gil income. we can't all buy the crafted stuff off of each other for nill)

that being said 'fixing' repair costs is not going to be a solution in the long run. people will still want to buy new stuff and they will still not actually be able to get any gil worth the run for.

you can NOT sell stuff to people that have no money. try opening a Gucci store in Congo

all of this being said, I do strongly believe that the dev-team is doing this on purpose to even-out the economy, especially in regards to legacy players transfering off of legacy servers, but the question is how long will this actually work? how long are they going to wait?
    (11)
    Last edited by amnie; 09-10-2013 at 01:10 AM.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast