Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Jynxii Au
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Damn, wish I could just start the game with every class at level 50; that would keep me interested real long... If you want something done quickly, you either invest a buttload of time, or you pay someone else to do a portion of the work (in this case, gathering shards). This has been pretty standard not just in MMOs, but that crazy thing called real life.

I'm not refuting what the OP is saying, but it sounds more like some crafting recipes use too many shards, as opposed to the rate of gathering being an issue (although they kind of go hand in hand).

Edit: In light of BlackCat75's post, it seems far more evident that crafting and it's progression is far more broken then the rate/amount you get from each node. If every crafting job is going to use base shards for 90% of their recipes, it is going to keep market price high, and the Crystal/Clusters you gather as you level BTN or MIN becomes redundant.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jynxii; 09-12-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    If my posts seem short or incoherent, I am probably editing the rest in.

Player
    Character
    Leave Me
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 1
    I got to 38 Blacksmith, 33 Carpenter and 33 Leatherworker with just the shards they give you with the starting quests. I'm just now running low on earth and fire. Still decent on wind and ice. If you're grinding instead of using leves and the crafting log, then that's your own fault for wasting crystals. /thread

EDIT1:
    Quote Originally Posted by CyrilLucifer View Post
    Or you could be using Leves for a Land craft, like I am, for the slightly faster EXP. It takes a lot longer to level Botany and Mining, even with the limited shards, than it does the Hand crafts.
    I've done the same(Mining 38, Botany 37). However, I've learned that it's definitely better both experience-wise and monetarily to grind the gathering jobs and leve the crafting.

Find what's most efficient and do that. Think instead of brute forcing your way to 50~

EDIT2: Oh, I forgot to mention provisions quests. Extremely easy exp a day.
    (0)
    Last edited by FutanXIV; 09-12-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Player
    Character
    Holy Emmerololth
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by FutanXIV View Post
    If you're grinding instead of using leves and the crafting log, then that's your own fault for wasting crystals. /thread
    Or you could be using Leves for a Land craft, like I am, for the slightly faster EXP. It takes a lot longer to level Botany and Mining, even with the limited shards, than it does the Hand crafts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhas Itiron
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by illukar View Post
    I kill sprites for shards. Those low level wind sprites in La Noscea will drop up to five shards at a time.
    ^^^ This

Spend time crafting a few HQ leve items and turn in for profit. I manged to HQ 13 of my last batch of 17 on single turn ins with level a 15 leve and went from 26 to 28 in minutes (not including crafting time) using so few shard I found it pretty quick and easy. I mean what else am I spending my 99 leves on
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gakku Plove
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by illukar View Post
    I kill sprites for shards. Those low level wind sprites in La Noscea will drop up to five shards at a time.
    the chance decreases with high level Fighting classes if your on par with the enemy lvl then the chance is fairly high its just something i noticed when Killing General mobs
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gakku Plove
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhas View Post
    ^^^ This

Spend time crafting a few HQ leve items and turn in for profit. I manged to HQ 13 of my last batch of 17 on single turn ins with level a 15 leve and went from 26 to 28 in minutes (not including crafting time) using so few shard I found it pretty quick and easy. I mean what else am I spending my 99 leves on
    not if your an alchemist and Culnarian Like i Am
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ezariel Bayne
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 72
    Higher level nodes do have higher yield on shards in certain areas... Do a little exploring. As well as with the buffs you can increase that yield even further every few nodes.
    (0)

Player

Actually out of the 99 leve's I had I am down to 5 or 7 I think. Granted spent about 40 or 50 of them doing the GSM leve that gave 15k for a normal and 45kxp for a HQ turn in. Sadly it was one leve per turn in, but considering I went from 35 to 45 GSM in less than a day with it I am still not going to complain. the rest were spent on Weaving Leve's which netted me level 25-30, and Mining Leve's which Netted me with some grinding Level 32-36 today.

But now I am out of leve's for a while. time to work all the DoW's which I got to 15. But Leve's only hold out for so long.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhas Itiron
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by GakkuPlove View Post
    not if your an alchemist and Culnarian Like i Am
    I am a culinarian, if you check my profile. I went from 14 to 23 on HQ turn in leves in about 30 minutes (not including gathering/crafting time) and a few more levels in between 23 to 26 and then from 26 to 28 (and a half) on 13 HQ turn ins yesterday. Crafting time for my HQ time was around 30 minutes and each of the 13 HQ turn ins were 18k xp and 600 gil each.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gakku Plove
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhas View Post
    I am a culinarian, if you check my profile. I went from 14 to 23 on HQ turn in leves in about 30 minutes (not including gathering/crafting time) and a few more levels in between 23 to 26 and then from 26 to 28 (and a half) on 13 HQ turn ins yesterday. Crafting time for my HQ time was around 30 minutes and each of the 13 HQ turn ins were 18k xp and 600 gil each.
    where do all the shards go and how are they replaced when your lvl 50? No one would be stupid enough to waste leves just for the sake of shards when they are lvl 50 for that craft
    Poitions and food need to be replaced and that means Shards and gathering them

:Edit we only get a limited number of leves per hour too they run out pretty fast what will you do if you run out of shards then with the current gil shortage?
    (0)
    Last edited by GakkuPlove; 09-12-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast