Player
    Character
    Asta Lundr
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80

THM Threat Issues

Alright I'm trying to figure out what is triggering such massive threat where NO tank can hold my threat that well. Some obviously are way worse than others. I had one gladiator tank I was paying really close attention on and I noticed something very odd. A Lancer I was partied with that actually does pretty decent damage was outputting only SLIGHTLY more threat than me when I only cast 2 spells (Thunder and Aero). Once I have these DoTs on, I proceed to use my fireball rotation and rip threat like I'm a delicious strip of bacon thrown among a pack of rabid half starved pit bulls. This happens even when I wait for ten seconds!

I'm level 25. My average fireball hits non-crit 90, 120, 140 (no aspect, rank 1, rank 2).

If I crit, there's no saving me really.

That being all said, I'm not looking for a "Watch your threat meter." I'm looking for a discussion on why I have such retarded high enmity.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Marisa Kirisame
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 55
    This seems to get better as you level. At 47 dungeons I find tanks are able to hold threat more often then not. You can cross class into archer and get Quelling Strikes to help things out a bit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fayt Maelstrom
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HoroBoro View Post
    This seems to get better as you level. At 47 dungeons I find tanks are able to hold threat more often then not. You can cross class into archer and get Quelling Strikes to help things out a bit.
    I'm having the opposite experience, ever since I got firestarter at 44 I can't seem to lose agro even after waiting forever. I've ran across probably 2 good tanks that can hold agro.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Azia Merot
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 51
    low level tanks have less enmity building abilities. THM/BLM also has pretty high burst, especially if they get lucky with firestarter and thundercloud procs (although you don't have that at your level)
    I recommend getting Quelling Strikes from archer at level 34
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Asta Lundr
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    I was thinking about Quelling Strikes, but it's only a reduction for 15 seconds out of 120 seconds... Like i said, I pull off in seconds flat, so should I not be using Aero? Thunder? More thumb up butt?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Azia Merot
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxiesan View Post
    I was thinking about Quelling Strikes, but it's only a reduction for 15 seconds out of 120 seconds... Like i said, I pull off in seconds flat, so should I not be using Aero? Thunder? More thumb up butt?
    use it at the beginning of the fight, thats the hardest time for the tank to get threat
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Asta Lundr
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Yeah there's that, but I mean, I've waited out full phases of bosses then attacked the next phase and pull. Ughhh it's just disheartening at lower levels i guess.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Still Sparrow
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    honestly, the problem could be more with the tanks at that level. I stopped playing WAR for a while to level up PGL/MNK, and 9/10 tanks i got really had no clue how combos or threat worked. around level 30-40 they seem to grow out of it as the tanks i got drastically improved around there, but it's definitely something i'd take into account.

a tank SHOULD be able to hold aggro on any DPS in any dungeon, if my experiences up to lvl 40 as a MRD/WAR have taught me anything. leveling gladiator to 22, my threat did feel pretty gimp during that time, but at 26 it should get better with their combo finisher.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Asta Lundr
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    There is hope to the future! Lol, good to know, well I guess i'll just keep fireballin away. If you see a Corwin Eldred pull threat... I'M SORRRRRRRY in advance
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Luciero Darkwing
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    As a thm its your job to keep your aggro within reasonable limits. Not all tanks are amazing but it wont help them hold aggro if you keep pulling. Use the threat meter included to remain safe.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast