Page 1 of 112 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mr Vash
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

[Pole] Do you want to see the summoner class reworked?

Current Tally:
    Yes- 40
    No- 20

Before your first reply this thread at the top of it I would really like you to simply type on its own line:

"Yes" if you are not happy with the current gameplay of the Summoner class and would like to see it reworked. or...

"No" if you think that the summoner class is a good representation of it's title and would not like it's core gameplay style changed.

*PLEASE VOTE BEFORE YOU READ EVERYONE ELSES POSTS

Just updated. More votes are starting to get a more definitive result.
    see below for rules.
    (61)
    Last edited by Vashous; 10-15-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mr Vash
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    We are not talking numbers here, or whether or not the Summoner class is strong/weak compared to other jobs. This is a thread to find out what percentage of us Summoner players are disgruntled with the current form of the Job that is Summoner.

I will be consistently checking and tallying votes as long as the thread is still getting posts and votes. I will weigh in on a separate post because I want people to vote based on how they genuinely feel and not how I have tried to convince them to feel. Also, please do not vote of you have not played through a good portion of Summoner and actually know what the gameplay is like.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mr Vash
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    YES

When I saw SE was making a SMN job I was so thrilled because through all of the FFs I have always loved the job of the Summoner the most. The problem with FFXIV's summoner is we are nothing more than a lame pet class. The worst part of this is the focus of the summoner is DD through optimization of our DoTs and offers very little interaction with the actual pet itself.

I was really hoping that FFXIV was going to be inventive with this opportunity and not just conform to every other MMO's standard pet class. Unfortunately I was proven wrong.

Personally, I would love to see these summons re-envisioned more as short term companions whose initial summoning does decent burst dmg or has an effect, stays for a short duration, and is dismissed either in death or a timer. They should be our main damage source, not a bunch of DoTs with a pet basically acting as another DoT.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Aestahl Lysilium
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Summoner is probably the one of the better classes right now for end game. The problem is most summoners don't know how to play.

I really don't mind the playstyle of managing dots.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Sivia Ferrus
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Yes

Class should be more based on the summoners. Less (if ANY) dots and focus on pet abilities having skills tied into the pet.

That being said given that change happens, I'd hope to see another class come in that has a lot of the dots that summoner has. I enjoy the concept and the play, I just feel its not really very 'summoner' like, even if its fun.

As a side note: LOL Pole instead of Poll!
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Vyn Venture
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    No. I certainly hope not. One of the only problems with the class is Bane's AoE range. Other then that at late game the class is unique the rotation is good and fun. They do pretty darn good DPS too, but get a few utility spells ( in combat res? )
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kasrai Anellie
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Are we talking fireman pole or stripper pole here?
    (37)

Player
    Character
    Arcanis Bladewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasrai View Post
    Are we talking fireman pole or stripper pole here?
    here's a few points of internets for you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Onimal D'bane
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I love my SMN and SCH. Maxed INt, and SCH is still very viable end game, and can dish out some damage.

Though.. a SUMMONER is about summons. Not three little things. The ultimate of the summoner (level 50) should be a huge spell - actually see the damn primal. They should interact more with the summon - not take it over, but maybe morph their abilities to the summon.

Example: Summon garuda - you're now dealing wind damage affinity with your spells, and gain more of her disrupting abilities (like they are now). You summon ifrit, now all your abilities are fire based, you get massive damage on your spells, but lower Damage over time.

It's a great class - and fun... going to try a tank soon... but they need a bit more depth.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Valignor Thren
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    3) Minor changes to compensate us for our lack of burst and long dps ramp. Cast times removed off Bio2 and Miasma.
    (7)

Page 1 of 112 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast