Character
    Xakery Jones
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

Melding question

I have a question on melding.
    I'll use the harlequin's acton as an example: item level 46 and wearable at lv 44 my weaver is 50 and before I meld once, i always get the selected item's level is too low to maximize the materia. I've tried melding Mind IV's, III's and now II's and I always get the same warning. Do I just throw one's on it?
    This is very confusing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Braylar Killcoin
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 37
    I run into the same problem low level wise.
    i craft a level 20 mask white quality and if i try to ad intel +1 i get that warning and if i go ahead it adds +0 but if i add spell speed +2 itll work fine. But if i use that intel on an item of....gold quality?(just looking at the items avatar) level 15 the intel will work this function needs clarification.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ciana Iezuborn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    I'm running into this also, what I believe is the cause is that each slot has a maximum rating for anyone one stat based off the slot and the level of the item and possibly the stat itself.

Such as a level 40 hat might have a max mind stat of 10 and a level 30 hat might have a max mind stat of 7. So with a +3 mind materia you might get these two situations:

1. level 40 hat with base 10 mind + 3 mind materia = Warning with a +0 gain
    2. level 40 hat with base 8 mind + 3 mind materia = Warning with a +2 gain
    3. level 30 hat with base 4 mind + 3 mind materia = No warning and full +3 gain

*Note that the above numbers are only an example and do not reflect the actual values in game at all.

I haven't done any hard research on this, I only noticed that when slotting determination. I got the warning on 25 glad legs, which already have 5 determination, but was able to slot 3 of them into the level 25 glad chest, which has no base determination.

Per this post this seems to be the cause:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...Level-70-armor.

So each stat has a cap on an item based on the item slot, the item level, and the actual stat(Spell speed vs int). The base stats on an item before melding count towards this cap.
    (1)
    Last edited by CianaIezuborn; 09-09-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Player
    Character
    Monty Moguri
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by CianaIezuborn View Post

So each stat has a cap on an item based on the item slot, the item level, and the actual stat(Spell speed vs int). The base stats on an item before melding count towards this cap.
    I thought that was the reason. I think it's confusing so many people because it doesn't say "Stat can't upgrade anymore". It says something like "The item lvl is too low" which makes no sense. They need to change the wording on it.
    (1)

Character
    Xakery Jones
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Thanks for replying, finally! It does make sense. Otherwise we'd see black mages with int+ materia on everything and be nuking for 9999999999 damage xD
    (0)