Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Lebron James
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Don't understand why people are going back to him after the first time.

It's pointless after downing him the first time you're there. Considering you get gold all you really need is the barding and you're done.

The gear is pure vanity and it's an underwhelming/bug infested fight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shiki Lockhart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Zell1226 View Post
    They need to prioritize how loading mobs/people work to make these stupid fates even doable. It should be mob->party members->anything else. While doing Behemoth today, having my buddy tank it at one point keeping him up with heals, only to see him and behemoth disappear and him get obliterated and then me next because I couldn't even friggin' see him to run away.
    This was how was in 1.0... Monsters and party players were always visible and anything else would select to fill the rest. When people were in city or primal areas no matter how far player was we could always see him, even if only that player and nothing else.

They just need to edit their code to give priority to mobs > party members > other players > pets > rest. How isee now is the code select a circular area around you and since there is a lot players makes the boss not visible even if you stand right in front of him and not see him because of all other players there too. It is stupid, yes...
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiki_Lockhart; 09-11-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Player
    I've returned! First I find pants, then Louisoix dies for sending me to the void.
    Character
    Uni Neko
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by Furio View Post
    Then don't read them. Nobody is forcing you.

If you think fates are good the way they are designed now: "Run in, zerg zerg zerg, 15k xp, run to the next, zerg zerg zerg, 15k xp etc...", you're the one being hypocrite.

Mr. White, do you want a game you enjoy, or one you can defend beyond its right?

Opinions are statements. Criticism and feedback can be constructive:
    "I like apples" <-- opinion, nothing constructive or destructive about it.
    Wow, someone got defensive, thx for validating my point.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bel Rumpelstiltzkin
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Dude who cares!? I mean they require so much skill when zerging down as a million people and are so fun to do that they are worth messing up whole zones for other people to be able to fight for the amazing gear they drop!

I talked/warned about this a long time ago and people said "have a little faith it will get better at higher levels/after release". Well I've waited and you know what FATEs are still completely broken zergfests, SE failed miserably, and it is such a horrible waste to put in amazing mobs like Behemoth/Odin as FATEs. I really hope SE reconsiders having open world events/content that can't be done by everyone in the whole zone so those of us who enjoy competition and skill to get something useful out in the open world also have something we think is fun. There are a lot of solutions to make things like this work well. Either way though SE needs to make the zones not crash when people fight the bigger FATEs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kuari Thunderclaw
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Personally I think they just need an aura that instantly kills those in the area that are not level appropriate and see how things go from there... but yeah, mob priority as well to be extra safe. Instantly kill non-combat pets and chocobos run away as well. Pretty much remove anything that causes unneeded load first and see what the problem is from there until you can get to the point where anti-zerg mechanics are feasible. Removing them entirely like some suggest would be a childish and kneejerk reaction to a system that just needs some tweaks. Severe ones, but still. The normal FATEs I see as little problem as they aren't much different from your standard quest just on a larger scale... give about as much exp too.
    (0)
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/kuari999 / Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kuari999 / Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Kuari999

Player
    Character
    Pa Poy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Odin/Behemoth fates and certain other ones remind me of Besieged in FFXI, you would think they would learn from their mistakes. They should have an option to turn off char's/chocobo's/minions that are outside of your party, Helps in other games for zergfests!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tia Haribel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 71
    "Wait until the server populations calm down"
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirosama View Post
    "Wait until the server populations calm down"
    you WOULD be from my server... hehe
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tia Haribel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydin View Post
    you WOULD be from my server... hehe
    had to mess with ya. But i do agree like odin appeared yesterday and it was worthless trying to fight him cause you couldnt see crap and it was lagged to death
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirosama View Post
    had to mess with ya. But i do agree like odin appeared yesterday and it was worthless trying to fight him cause you couldnt see crap and it was lagged to death
    Exactly... I'm not asking that they be removed forever... I just would like SE to hold off on them until they can be sure that they will be a positive addition to the game. Function first, you know?
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast