Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Btown Ninja
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    I don't see it happening. The number of users on Blackberry/Windows Phone is extremely low right now. As a self publishing app developer, let me tell you... it's a pain to publish on the Windows Phone app-store.. it's equally as annoying to publish on iOS, but at least you're reaching a huge install base when you put the time into it.

I'm sure this application has already cost SE a considerable amount of money. It's not generating any revenue so spending MORE money to port it over to a tiny tiny tiny market share if mobile devices just doesn't make sense. iOS to Android ports are cheap, easy, and reach a huge audience. This is probably the only reason they're porting the application to Android to begin with.

While this is off topic, I've owned an iphone 5, Xperia Z, and Lumia 1020. The Xperia Z was clearly the best phone in the bunch for my day to day uses. The Lumia wasn't bad, but the clunky WP8 interface and terrible first and third party support ruined the experience for me. The iphone was just inefficient and difficult to work with under many applications.
    (2)
    Opps, I overheated

Player
    Character
    Al Jinn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 33
    Please focus on the token app first. There's no real need for "Libra Eorzea" as far as you can access the Lodestone and database stuff on any web browser, but that's not the case for the added security given by the token app!

Even Blizzard has brought its Battle.net Authenticator app on Windows Phone. It's not the same deal to develop an extended UI like the FFXIV database on mobile devices than creating a "simple" token app (simple in terms of development cost). I really hope SE will bring this to WP users too because we deserve the same secured account managing than others (without considering buying a physical token...).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Logan Tom
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 40
    To be honest I was really enamoured with my Windows Phone when I got it but after two years of use I find it quite limited to tell the truth.that's the main reason I switched to Android when I upgraded. I hope windows phone does get the TV love but just seeing how long it took Microsoft to release Skype for their own system I'm doubtful.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nailuj Semaj
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 36
    I have a Lumia 710 , so Windows Phone 7.5 , and would love to see the software token available for it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Laraul Lunacy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Windows 8 users have become today's "macintosh user" Where's the MacOS version of the game? Shouldn't Mac users be entitled to it? Even though they make up 9% of of (falling) computer sales? You Windows 8 phone users sound just like Mac gamers asking for the game to be ported over. And assuming many of you Windows 8 users are PC gamers, I bet some would respond with "lol macs suck." So why shouldn't we iOS and Android users say "lol windows mobile sucks?" Because it doesn't suck you say? I totally agree. But than, makes no difference to PC gamers when you bring up Macs.

And yes, Windows phone users sound a lot like Mac users. So, how does it feel to have the shoe on the other foot?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Chococo Cobo
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Can only download the app from US itunes. Unable to download it using my apple id.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kate Gravity
    World
    Shinryu
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I have a Lumia 920 , WP8 , also I would love to see the SE software to support it.
    (1)
    happy every day

Player
    Character
    Mushy Tailspin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    Windows 8 users have become today's "macintosh user" Where's the MacOS version of the game? Shouldn't Mac users be entitled to it? Even though they make up 9% of of (falling) computer sales? You Windows 8 phone users sound just like Mac gamers asking for the game to be ported over. And assuming many of you Windows 8 users are PC gamers, I bet some would respond with "lol macs suck." So why shouldn't we iOS and Android users say "lol windows mobile sucks?" Because it doesn't suck you say? I totally agree. But than, makes no difference to PC gamers when you bring up Macs.

And yes, Windows phone users sound a lot like Mac users. So, how does it feel to have the shoe on the other foot?
    uhm well my first game I made was WW2 strategy games for the Mac in 1992(I'm sorry? You're welcome!) I have also been a Linux/BSD user, which gets less games than Mac, but instead of complaining the users took it upon themselves to make it work with over 15 years of hard work, and still going!
    The problem with porting to mac from pc all these years is because DX has been the standard, games made using OpenGL were always ported! This is not the same thing at all! HERE the languages are the same, and would take a week tops with 2 people programming to port it over(2-3 more for UI/ART.) Most of the stuff is stored on a database anyway..

So yeah your argument is invalid

(Also the market share is rising not falling)
    (0)
    Last edited by Mushy; 09-12-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mushy Tailspin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by jimm0thy View Post
    I have a Lumia 710 , so Windows Phone 7.5 , and would love to see the software token available for it.
    I agree the token should be on WP7 as well as WP8. This is a major security issue! Moving forward though they should stick to WP8 since wp7 apps can work on 8 but not the other way around. So upgrade to an 8 when you have a chance, you will love it and a MAJOR upgrade is coming along with Windows 8 Desktop/RT too!

Quote Originally Posted by AlJinn View Post
    Please focus on the token app first. There's no real need for "Libra Eorzea" as far as you can access the Lodestone and database stuff on any web browser, but that's not the case for the added security given by the token app!

Even Blizzard has brought its Battle.net Authenticator app on Windows Phone. It's not the same deal to develop an extended UI like the FFXIV database on mobile devices than creating a "simple" token app (simple in terms of development cost). I really hope SE will bring this to WP users too because we deserve the same secured account managing than others (without considering buying a physical token...).
    I completely agree I am more concerned about the token app... But seeing as how that app has been out for forever, and no announcement of it... NOW THIS APP COMES? I am pointing out that they are forgetting the rest of the market.
    There is an token app for WP/Blackberries from Blizzard, Trion(rift), ArenaNet, I have heard of others. BUT LITERALLY EVERY COMPANY THAT HAS A 1 TIME PASSWORD SYSTEM RELEASES THE APP FOR ALL THE 4 MAJOR SMART PHONES! SE is being a little B and screwing over Windows users and Blackberry users.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mushy; 09-12-2013 at 01:54 AM.
    MAGIC MUSHY ROOMS

Player
    Character
    Mushy Tailspin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Hardly. The mobile market currently belongs to Android and iOS. Windows and Blackberry aren't even a blip in comparison. Do YOU know anybody who owns a Windows phone? I certainly don't.
    10 of my friends use them, tons of people at my work use them since they can actually get work done on them. I see people on them in public spaces. People are getting sick of iPhone, the thing hasn't changed since its release. How long did it take to get multitasking? How long before it got turn by turn directions? People have to buy new iPhones just to get things upgrades can fix, and I assure you people are getting sick of them.

Android is different it is more of a power user experience which I understand, but you can root windows phones the same and hack it all you want just like the Android. It is just not as many people do because a lot more people own androids..

But yeah, iThings are losing larger shares monthly
    (0)
    MAGIC MUSHY ROOMS

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast