Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rainbows?

Rainbows?

Ok don't laugh, today I saw an arched rainbow in the game and I mean for the first time. Never saw any in 1.0 either.

I have seen sunlight patterns and that kind of thing before but in Gridania in Jadite Thick before the altar area, right near or rather through a waterfall there was an arched rainbow and it wasn't there for long.

Is this common in the game? any other rainbow sitings people know of? I need to post my pics of it.

Spoilered for huge I mean huge like 1920x1200 so duct tape yer tables together before u open it, they are gonna break!
    Um ok the spoiler tags didn't work..
    (6)
    Last edited by MStowastiqVahlshdeh; 07-24-2015 at 05:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vandal Lillithson
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    This is the first time I've heard of this. That said rainbows are created due to light reflecting off mostire in the air at just the right angle. It's very posspile for them to show up at waterfalls during the correct time of day. That's probably a standard occurance at that location.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Velo'a Nharoz
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    That rainbow does appear the most often (due to the waterfall always being there of course). You can also see atmospheric rainbows after rare weather combinations (such as going directly from showers to sunshine), but even then they don't always show up.
    (2)

Location on map, its right before the entrance into an area with an altar on a stump or rock, it has tiles. Altar was in cutscenes for cnj I believe.

(1)

Strix: "Behold this collection of grimoires of legend! Feel their power and puissance, and let it fill you with rapturous pleasure...then DIE!"

<>.<>.<>
    Hai! I'm Vahl, in ur mmorpgs, sort'n my inventory and putt'n 2 many H's in my name since FFXI..
    FFXIV Inventory Tetris Champ

Player
    Character
    Naiyah Nanaya
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I've seen them in a few zones. The only one I ever bothered to take a picture of was in the middle of Central Than while I was sitting on top of The Coffer & Coffin.
    (1)
    Am I even allowed to be this strong?

Quote Originally Posted by Velox View Post
    That rainbow does appear the most often (due to the waterfall always being there of course). You can also see atmospheric rainbows after rare weather combinations (such as going directly from showers to sunshine), but even then they don't always show up.
    I've seen atmospheric type things like Aurora Borealis Northern Lights, especially within the beast tribe quests for Sylphs but not the standard arched rainbow before.
    Can you tell me where you have seen other ones pretty please??

Quote Originally Posted by ElHeggunte View Post
    I've seen them in a few zones. The only one I ever bothered to take a picture of was in the middle of Central Than while I was sitting on top of The Coffer & Coffin.
    Was it without a waterfall? Which direction?
    (1)
    Last edited by MStowastiqVahlshdeh; 07-24-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Strix: "Behold this collection of grimoires of legend! Feel their power and puissance, and let it fill you with rapturous pleasure...then DIE!"

<>.<>.<>
    Hai! I'm Vahl, in ur mmorpgs, sort'n my inventory and putt'n 2 many H's in my name since FFXI..

Player
    Character
    Biorr Rhel
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    I can't stop laughing at you character portrait and screen name.
    [spoiler] is {HB} message {/HB} but use [] instead of {}
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Munba Lunru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Yeah there are some random after rain but they are VERY rare (like in rl) and that's an awesome detail.
    Saw it days ago in Hinterlands.

(13)

Player
    Character
    Hot Lips
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 69
    I have seen that one a few times now yup.
    I have many concerns about somethings se decides regarding this game BUT the visuals are not one of them.

They have done an awesome job of the graphics and zones .....everywhere, just beautiful.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by nssixn6 View Post
    I can't stop laughing at you character portrait and screen name.
    [spoiler] is {HB} message {/HB} but use [] instead of {}
    Lol glad to entertain the extra H's in the name are for HAHAHAH!

thanks for the code, I actually didn't realize that it would shrink the pic for me and im so used to using. [spoiler ] [/ spoiler]

@Munba that is a gorgeous pic! I hope I can catch that one some time.
    (0)

<>.<>.<>

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast